The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Politics Of Today, And The Founding Documents......

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#106New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 00:31:38
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

'Nuff 'splainin' -- git back on topic!

you aren't the boss of me ! [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/thumb_8df794591c55bc5f2fa46df446ed11e1.gif"> [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/thumb_70e27b2f240c6c92f62371e56e629cfe.gif">
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#107New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 00:34:47
@white_swan53 Said

you aren't the boss of me ! [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/thumb_8df794591c55bc5f2fa46df446ed11e1.gif"> [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/thumb_70e27b2f240c6c92f62371e56e629cfe.gif">

HaHa! Your better side, I see... Spinkie will love it!

n/a, New Mexico
#108New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 00:46:08
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

I'm just happy since I sobered up I can operate the zipper .
(private joke from another thread)
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#109New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 03:29:18
@DiscordTiger Said

I think spinkie said thank you for NOT calling her names, as in other people have done it while disagreeing with her.

she was thanking you for keeping it civil on a topic that you two go around and around over and over again. That you two disagree on a lot, but you are not resorting to name calling. which is a good thing.

I could be be wrong, but that is how I read it. Though I haven't read the whole thread.

Thank you! And you got it just the way it was meant!

Chicago, Illinois
#110New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 03:42:39
@white_swan53 Said

I refrain from calling people names out loud or in my posts. . I have had a punch for personal attack once and I didn't like it and it is a great reminder to not call names or personal attack .
So I am thinking your mistaken about me having called you bad names.
One of those mods packs a hell of a wallop in her left hook or maybe it was a right hook ...lol

All a person has to do is post something in a vaguely general way on a topic that you get excited about and there is about a 85 % chance you will take it personally.
just for the fun of it , maybe next time you come across something that instantly jumps out and grabs you as a personal accusation or bad name personally directed at yourself, maybe slow down and really read what it is that is posted. It will probably turn out to be directed towards a group of people that are like minded and you will be in that group it's directed at but if looking at the whole picture, you are one of many . Just a suggestion. In no way any thing else.
yes I replied with a 'Thank You to all' to all the belated birthday greetings in that thread.

Ok, well thank you for reading what I posted to you on your B-day thread! Because I honestly meant what I said! But I have to remind you, that while I'am not real sure you have called me names personally, but you indeed have what felt to me like you were attacking me with harshness and put me down for my views on these kinds of topics before! But hey, it's water under the bridge and all is forgiven! Also, I very STRONGLY oppose being grouped together with ANY other person who you say share my views, beliefs, and opinions...on any given topic posted here! No one on this planet, is like me in any way! God made each of different for a reason...at least that is my belief!

Chicago, Illinois
#111New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 03:43:42
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

I love you my dear friend!

Chicago, Illinois
#112New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 03:45:22
@white_swan53 Said

If that is what she is doing then
Your welcome spinkie.
if thats not what she's saying then I'm 1 ' welcome' up to the good ....

I have explained why I refrain from name calling and personal attacks.
I do not type what I may be saying out loud simply because you mods come out of no where and pack a hell of a wallop ,,, [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/thumb_ae1cae9976cb1c3b3ca8e8033d06c031.gif"> [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/thumb_06e8cc1760097b53b85823e9b03a3a08.gif"> [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/thumb_06e8cc1760097b53b85823e9b03a3a08.gif"> [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/thumb_06e8cc1760097b53b85823e9b03a3a08.gif">

I am explaining , not complaining .

Thanks White_swan.....

n/a, New Mexico
#113New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 04:11:50
@Spinkiegirl Said

Ok, well thank you for reading what I posted to you on your B-day thread! Because I honestly meant what I said! But I have to remind you, that while I'am not real sure you have called me names personally, but you indeed have what felt to me like you were attacking me with harshness and put me down for my views on these kinds of topics before! But hey, it's water under the bridge and all is forgiven! Also, I very STRONGLY oppose being grouped together with ANY other person who you say share my views, beliefs, and opinions...on any given topic posted here! No one on this planet, is like me in any way! God made each of different for a reason...at least that is my belief!

You can be sure I have not posted in name calling posts to you.
or you can continue trying to recall if I have or not . totally up to you.
You would be correct in thinking I have attacked your posts opinion's and views but you are incorrect when you say I have attacked you .
No one is an island on to them selves. everyone has at some level very basic similarities and personality traits in common with like minded others. The fact that you state that you believe you are some sort of a ' one of a kind' is telling in and of it's self about your basic personality traits. Is that good , bad or indifferent ? No .
Humans are herd animals , just like cows or horses or deer or if grazers aren't your cup of tea. We run with the pack similar to carnivores. It's nature that in every culture or species, a loner is considered an out cast and not excepted into the herd or pack .
just thought I'd exercise my right to free speech and express my personal opinion my non acceptance of your statement that you oppose being grouped with others .

Chicago, Illinois
#114New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 04:19:45
@white_swan53 Said

You can be sure I have not posted in name calling posts to you.
or you can continue trying to recall if I have or not . totally up to you.
You would be correct in thinking I have attacked your posts opinion's and views but you are incorrect when you say I have attacked you .
No one is an island on to them selves. everyone has at some level very basic similarities and personality traits in common with like minded others. The fact that you state that you believe you are some sort of a ' one of a kind' is telling in and of it's self about your basic personality traits. Is that good , bad or indifferent ? No .
Humans are herd animals , just like cows or horses or deer or if grazers aren't your cup of tea. We run with the pack similar to carnivores. It's nature that in every culture or species, a loner is considered an out cast and not excepted into the herd or pack .
just thought I'd exercise my right to free speech and express my personal opinion my non acceptance of your statement that you oppose being grouped with others .

Again, you've touched on something I can relate to! Thanks for giving me a chance to explain myself tonight, you were very respectful...and I truly appreciate you for that! I hope I have been the same with you this late evening!

Chicago, Illinois
#115New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 04:22:16
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

Wait just a minute my friend.......your siggy, is saying i'am an "idiot" because I voted for Obama?

n/a, New Mexico
#116New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 04:49:22
@Spinkiegirl Said

Again, you've touched on something I can relate to! Thanks for giving me a chance to explain myself tonight, you were very respectful...and I truly appreciate you for that! I hope I have been the same with you this late evening!

Care to expand on your statement?
I completely disagree with your statement that you oppose being grouped in with anyone that "share my views, beliefs, and opinions...on any given topic "
My whole post is saying I disagree and my reasons and opinion why I do .
So the question begs to be ask.
Which is it?
Do you beleive that you are an 'one of a kind' an island alone , or do you agree that as a human you are a herd animal or run with the pack type ?
What do you relate to in my disagreement ?
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#117New Post! Jun 11, 2011 @ 12:59:22
@Spinkiegirl Said

Wait just a minute my friend.......your siggy, is saying i'am an "idiot" because I voted for Obama?

I'm going to call you guilty, again, of not making sense of what is just a sequence of words. This goes to the heart of what you and white_swan53 have been discussing. You see a word, and read it as if it applies to you, without bothering to read or understand the words on either side of the one that could offend you. You respond, at times, to the occurance of a word, without understanding the sentence in which it occurs.

As for that siggy, it does not say "You are an idiot, if you voted for Obama." All kinds of Americans gave Obama a chance. You will recall, when we were discussing the then-candidates, how I told you that both he, and his opponent, gave me the jitters -- and, no, that did not mean that I felt a tingle running up my leg! I did not trust either of them. My distrust has proved itself (in my eyes) to be correct. Just as you might still see fit to feel ashamed of the words-verus-the-deeds of our Founding Fathers, I feel ashamed of the fact that we, as a nation, have allowed ourselves to be duped by an otherwise historic personage, the first black man to run for and win the highest governmental office of President, without ever recognizing that his views are not in the best interest of this nation, as a whole.

n/a, New Mexico
#118New Post! Jun 13, 2011 @ 17:44:42
I need to edit this post

@white_swan53 Said

I try to refrain from calling people names out loud or in my posts. . I have had a punch for personal attack once and I didn't like it and it is a great reminder to not call names or personal attack .
So I am thinking your mistaken about me having called you bad names.
One of those mods packs a hell of a wallop in her left hook or maybe it was a right hook ...lol

All a person has to do is post something in a vaguely general way on a topic that you get excited about and there is about a 85 % chance you will take it personally.
just for the fun of it , maybe next time you come across something that instantly jumps out and grabs you as a personal accusation or bad name personally directed at yourself, maybe slow down and really read what it is that is posted. It will probably turn out to be directed towards a group of people that are like minded and you will be in that group it's directed at but if looking at the whole picture, you are one of many . Just a suggestion. In no way any thing else.
yes I replied with a 'Thank You to all' to all the belated birthday greetings in that thread.

Chicago, Illinois
#119New Post! Jul 15, 2011 @ 06:57:39
@white_swan53 Said

Care to expand on your statement?
I completely disagree with your statement that you oppose being grouped in with anyone that "share my views, beliefs, and opinions...on any given topic "
My whole post is saying I disagree and my reasons and opinion why I do .
So the question begs to be ask.
Which is it?
Do you beleive that you are an 'one of a kind' an island alone , or do you agree that as a human you are a herd animal or run with the pack type ?
What do you relate to in my disagreement ?

To answer one of your questions....YES! I do STRONGLY "believe" that i'am a "one of a kind"......because it's my own personal belief, that there are NO two humans that are exactly alike. I believe God created ALL that is a living creature and He is SOLELY responsible for the creation of this ENTIRE world and every living thing/animal/human being that lives on this beautiful planet! Of course as humans, some of us share similar or some of the same views and beliefs, and some don't.....and i'am not blinded in my personal faith and belief in God, as not to see others who share my country and world, that there are probably billions of people in this world of ours, who don't follow any belief in God or Jesus Christ or ANY faith at all! And I have the reasoning to at least respect them even though I don't share their beliefs! I am first a female, I am a loving Christian, and i'am an American! That's how I prefer to be described! And I hate the term "African American"........I didn't come from Africa, I was born to 2 very loving parents who were both born in this country LEGALLY!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs