The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Kids

Behavioral problems from an Adults Point of View.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#16New Post! Apr 25, 2011 @ 22:34:12
It's a fair point in many respects. I think kids being rude and self centred is natural - we were like that I'm sure (at least my friends and I were ), but we tend to gloss over or forgive our own 'failings', whilst refusing to do the same for "kids these days."

I think the only difference 'these days', is that GenXers and Baby Boomers have created a bunch of f***ed up kids who no longer live in the real world. But that's our fault, not theirs.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#17New Post! Apr 25, 2011 @ 22:45:28
Yeah, I definitely agree. Not only that, there are many more broken homes as well.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#18New Post! Apr 25, 2011 @ 23:32:14
@white_swan53 Said

I was reading something the other day about 'How children now days have no respect for their elders, they are lazy and lacking in ambition, full of excuses, have no place in the future and expect to be waited on etc ...
It started me thinking that I have been hearing adults say something similar all my life. So I googled a few key words and came up with a couple of different statements about 'the younger generation'.

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs and tyrannize their teachers."
This is commonly attributed to Socrates.

"The world is passing through troubled times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they know everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls , they are forward, imodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress."
This statement is attributed to Peter the Hermit in A.D. 1274 .

It seems that all down though history adults have been complaining about about ' the younger generation' . I suppose we are pretty fortunate that civilization hasn't 'come to an end' because children rebel.
Could it be that most older/ elderly people and childless adults just have no patients for dealing with children ?

Seems to me it's the adults who are raising these children to be spoiled and lazy, maybe they oughta do something about it. Kids don't get lazy and bratty all on their own...it's usually the result of lazy or disinterested parents. Imagine that! LOL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs