Gaming

Welp...I'm gonna get my a** kicked at mtg

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#1New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 21:31:19
Someone just invited me to a magic the gathering tournament... I haven't played since the local games and hobbies store shut down (september) so this WILL end badly... It's okay I guess.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 08:14:28
As of recent times you might find a larger virtual community. Steam has the video game version and all of it's decks.
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#3New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 15:36:49
@Electric_Banana Said

As of recent times you might find a larger virtual community. Steam has the video game version and all of it's decks.

But I much prefer doing it in real life. And I have a fairly decent community in the games and hobbies shop.

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 22:02:04
@smallbutterflies Said

But I much prefer doing it in real life. And I have a fairly decent community in the games and hobbies shop.

That's cool. Is Yu-Gi-Oh still an in thing?
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#5New Post! Apr 10, 2011 @ 01:21:43
@Electric_Banana Said

That's cool. Is Yu-Gi-Oh still an in thing?

While still popular, yugioh is a terrible card game... Its gotten far too bad.

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Apr 10, 2011 @ 01:25:50
@smallbutterflies Said

While still popular, yugioh is a terrible card game... Its gotten far too bad.

I was having fun with the Marvel Trading Card game on the DS.

I don't buy the physical cards. It'd look strange for a thirty-eight year old man sitting in on these games and the cards are a bit costly.

I also mess around with Spectromancer (PC). Good AI and there's also usually someone always on line to match up with.
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#7New Post! Apr 10, 2011 @ 01:26:48
@Electric_Banana Said

I don't buy the physical cards. It'd look strange for a thirty-eight year old man sitting in on these games and the cards are a bit costly.

I also mess around with Spectromancer (PC). Good AI and there's also usually someone always on line to match up with.

Well just an hour ago I was playing d&d (not a card game but a fantastic game nonetheless
vekta On November 18, 2013

#8New Post! Apr 10, 2011 @ 01:32:07
@smallbutterflies Said

Someone just invited me to a magic the gathering tournament... I haven't played since the local games and hobbies store shut down (september) so this WILL end badly... It's okay I guess.

What format?

Put together some Legacy Burn if you got the cards laying around

It won't win you a tournament in a strong meta environment but at least you'll have some fun.

SILENCE! I keel Yew!

#9New Post! Apr 10, 2011 @ 01:50:59
@Electric_Banana Said

Come and play magic.We welcome all ages. If you get good enough at it and get into the Grand Prix you can win cash.(up to $40,000)

So how bout it...

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Apr 10, 2011 @ 01:54:31
@vekta Said

Come and play magic.We welcome all ages. If you get good enough at it and get into the Grand Prix you can win cash.(up to $40,000)

So how bout it...

Magic is an old game so I imagine most people playing ARE my age. LOL.

I can't afford the cards but considering the digital version from Steam eventually.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Apr 10, 2011 @ 01:56:07
@smallbutterflies Said

Well just an hour ago I was playing d&d (not a card game but a fantastic game nonetheless

I remember D&D - and the drunken tangents it ran into.

#12New Post! Apr 10, 2011 @ 02:57:07
@Electric_Banana Said

Magic is an old game so I imagine most people playing ARE my age. LOL.

I can't afford the cards but considering the digital version from Steam eventually.

It's varies widely depending the area. The more brutal formats like legacy can get pricing to be competitive and normally have older players because of that. A year ago Force of Will where about $30-$40, right now They're $80-$90 a pop. Once in a while though you'll find the a kid with power nine. I don't know why in the hell they would bring a full power nine to a tournament though. That's something you take a Polaroid of and leave at home.

It just depends what colors you play and what your goals for the tournament are. Legacy burn is cheap to build, I don't play tournaments so I'm not to concerned about being competitive on that level... But even if I was I would still play burn!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs