The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

people who complain about their weight 24/7...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
iamachicken On September 15, 2013

It Burns In, California
#1New Post! Nov 25, 2010 @ 06:27:10
but make absolutely NO effort to change their lifestyles even slightly make me so mad. then they make me feel worse when they tell me they're "jealous" of my body (that just made me sound conceited...i'm sorry-i'm not like that at all). it makes me angry that i even have a friend like this, who i talk to every day. she complains so much about her weight, sometimes i feel hesitant to approach her because i'm afraid she's going to go off on an "i'm so fat" rant, but what irritates me the most is that when ever i offer to help her out with exercise when she starts going off about how "chubby" she is, she makes up excuses to not work out and burn off some calories like, "but i hate running", or even if i suggest something other than running, she'll say something like "i don't have time" or "but you're in better shape than me. i'm not going to be able to keep up with you. i'm going to hold you back".

first of all, please, if you're too lazy to at least try and lose weight, don't come to me and start whining about being overweight.

secondly, i don't care if i'm in better shape than you or not. i'm not exercising for myself-i do that already at school. i'm talking outside of school, over the weekend or breaks, for YOU. so don't worry about "holding me back", because you're not.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 25, 2010 @ 07:45:29
@iamachicken Said

but make absolutely NO effort to change their lifestyles even slightly make me so mad. then they make me feel worse when they tell me they're "jealous" of my body (that just made me sound conceited...i'm sorry-i'm not like that at all). it makes me angry that i even have a friend like this, who i talk to every day. she complains so much about her weight, sometimes i feel hesitant to approach her because i'm afraid she's going to go off on an "i'm so fat" rant, but what irritates me the most is that when ever i offer to help her out with exercise when she starts going off about how "chubby" she is, she makes up excuses to not work out and burn off some calories like, "but i hate running", or even if i suggest something other than running, she'll say something like "i don't have time" or "but you're in better shape than me. i'm not going to be able to keep up with you. i'm going to hold you back".

first of all, please, if you're too lazy to at least try and lose weight, don't come to me and start whining about being overweight.

secondly, i don't care if i'm in better shape than you or not. i'm not exercising for myself-i do that already at school. i'm talking outside of school, over the weekend or breaks, for YOU. so don't worry about "holding me back", because you're not.

a true friend would hit the pies and donuts in order to gain 50 pounds and not make their unhappy friend feel inadequate
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#3New Post! Nov 25, 2010 @ 07:49:27
True, but some peole can't help it I'm not complaining, just explaining...

It Burns In, California
#4New Post! Nov 25, 2010 @ 08:24:03
@offbeat Said

a true friend would hit the pies and donuts in order to gain 50 pounds and not make their unhappy friend feel inadequate

@HiImDan Said

True, but some peole can't help it I'm not complaining, just explaining...

i understand that, but having to constantly pep-talk with her to try to make her not feel as bad about herself is really getting old...
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 25, 2010 @ 08:28:08
her bugging you about her weight is a way of getting your attention ...don't play her game and she might do something about her weight .then remark how good she looks .
JasonW1989 On May 30, 2011

Melbourne, Australia
#6New Post! Nov 25, 2010 @ 14:28:18
Sounds kinda like she wants you and is seeking some sort of approval on her appearance.
You could get the exercise started by just going for a walk with her and just spend some time chatting.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#7New Post! Nov 25, 2010 @ 18:06:43
The next time she starts whining, and then giving reasons why she "can't", just respond with, "well stay fat then."...said very matter of factly.
I bet she doesn't hound you anymore, or she will begin to get serious, - one or the other.

If she acts 'hurt', just say, "what? I'm just agreeing with you."

This may 'seem' mean; but really, it's the best thing, as her friend, that you can ever do for her.

It Burns In, California
#8New Post! Nov 26, 2010 @ 02:15:36
@sTreetAngeL Said

The next time she starts whining, and then giving reasons why she "can't", just respond with, "well stay fat then."...said very matter of factly.
I bet she doesn't hound you anymore, or she will begin to get serious, - one or the other.

If she acts 'hurt', just say, "what? I'm just agreeing with you."

This may 'seem' mean; but really, it's the best thing, as her friend, that you can ever do for her.

i don't want to seem insensitive, though, because truthfully, she's actually overweight-not one of the thin girls who tell people they're fat for attention...plus, she's overly sensitive and cries over the smallest things, so i have a feeling she's going to cause a huge scene...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs