AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#121New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 08:05:51
@Coleosis Said

But a death penalty is a death penalty...Why pay to keep someone alive for 15yrs if they are going to, in the end, die by your hands?

So you could punish them more. It's a like a slow death. But again, I'm really against the death penalty altogether.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#122New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 08:07:58
@Galastaray Said

So you could punish them more. It's a like a slow death. But again, I'm really against the death penalty altogether.

Death is punishment enough in my opinion. By keeping them alive, you are also punishing the tax payers that are paying to keep them alive.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#123New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 08:20:16
@Coleosis Said

Death is punishment enough in my opinion. By keeping them alive, you are also punishing the tax payers that are paying to keep them alive.

Ahhh... I know, it gets really complicated. But when someone dies, I just don't want to see ANOTHER person die. Yeah, sure, he/she did the crime... But why spill more blood?
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#124New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 08:33:13
no need to spill blood. give them a shot to sleep and then lethal injection. no blood loss there.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#125New Post! Oct 30, 2010 @ 13:04:56
@Coleosis Said

Well, I don't believe in the death penalty, as it does not serve as a deterrent for crimes, but since it exists, the people who are sentenced to death deserve the exact same rights as people who are given lighter sentences.

The law is the law, it does not differentiate. It CAN NOT differentiate.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#126New Post! Nov 01, 2010 @ 17:43:33
@Coleosis Said

Well, when a country is so far in debt, it would help to not give a guy healthcare and food and a place to stay for 15-20yrs that was on camera executing someone and then dragging their dead body around. He's been condemed, you have the murder weapon, a confession, and a video of them doing it/or they still have the body with them...They dont deserve to get the chance to appeal it 50 times.

scenario: Guy was stopped at a roadblock, the cop noticed blood dripping from the trunk area. Found someone you love's mutilated corpse in there, the murder weapon in/under the front seat. Then that person confesses, and is later sentenced to death. Do you think he should be kept alive for 15-20yrs before being executed?

But a death penalty is a death penalty...Why pay to keep someone alive for 15yrs if they are going to, in the end, die by your hands?

You want to hear something that's just....wrong?

I went and looked after I made a comment about leaving the person in prison for 15-20 years being a drain on the tax payers. I even quoted a figure for how long it takes to incarcerate a person for 15 years (average). Then, after I posted that, I went to compare that cost to the cost of execution. It costs more (by a lot) to execute than it does to incarcerate for life!

Why?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs