Creationism is now being taught in UK faith schools

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9
Fellie On May 15, 2014

Waipawa, New Zealand
#121New Post! Nov 01, 2010 @ 04:03:00
@deal1 Said

For some it does, altho, I am in the fringe sector...people have a choice...science or creation...I am in the camp that God DOES exist, started the ball rolling, and let it roll from there, until sentient beings came along .Then laws started to come about and evolve....to many dead ends in the evolutionary chain to dispute evolution...

SPIRITUAL man came along,(do we really know when that was?),was sure that there was a higher being, and the base of our debate began...
It was so far back in time, who the hell really knows? Not you, not me!One of us is right, one wrong...can you prove to me that you are right? NO YOU CAN'T
consider me as a friend, because, nobody can prove who is right without a matter of dought...
It is all a matter of faith.
I say, that BOTH sides need to be presented in a neutral curriculum, and let the pupil decide for oneself...with out doing so, is the eventual path to the downfall of the human spirit.

If Creationism and Evolution are to be given equal rights in schools then I believer that the church of the Flying Spaghetti monster deserves a spot as well, after all it's just another creation theory and people should be taught all options
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#122New Post! Nov 01, 2010 @ 04:12:16
That's the thing...both Evolution AND Creation are both THEORY...neither being proven...If Evolution WERE a proven fact, it wouldn't be a theory anymore...science has NOT been able to DISPROVE ALL aspects of the Creation side, have they?..(notice, I cap both sides...).
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#123New Post! Nov 01, 2010 @ 04:16:31
Look at my previous post...creation and evolution has the capability to be one in the same...it just depends on the way one looks at it!
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#124New Post! Nov 01, 2010 @ 04:17:05
marching hand in hand...
Fellie On May 15, 2014

Waipawa, New Zealand
#125New Post! Nov 01, 2010 @ 04:19:36
@deal1 Said

That's the thing...both Evolution AND Creation are both THEORY...neither being proven...If Evolution WERE a proven fact, it wouldn't be a theory anymore...science has NOT been able to DISPROVE ALL aspects of the Creation side, have they?..(notice, I cap both sides...).

Evolution is a scientific theory, different to normal theory. It means that they have a damn lot of evidence supporting it just not the final piece. For example if I was to say 1, 2, 3, 4, you'd probably expect the next number to be 5 however there's no defining proof that that is what will come next.

You can't disprove anything, you can only prove things. For example you can't prove / disprove the existence of an invisible pink unicorn that created another solar system.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#126New Post! Nov 01, 2010 @ 04:28:56
Nobody alive today can definitively state how it all began...all we have are differing theories. If we had time travel, our argument would be solved, but we don't.
Bickering about it will not solve or answer the question of how it all began, will it?
It is a matter of having or not having faith in a higher being, yet neither side can prove or disprove the existence of a higher being...I can't prove the existence of God, what I have is faith...you have no faith...prove to me that you are right.
If you try to tell me that I have to prove God's existence, that means, that you can not disprove it...
Fellie On May 15, 2014

Waipawa, New Zealand
#127New Post! Nov 01, 2010 @ 04:36:12
@deal1 Said

Nobody alive today can definitively state how it all began...all we have are differing theories. If we had time travel, our argument would be solved, but we don't.
Bickering about it will not solve or answer the question of how it all began, will it?
It is a matter of having or not having faith in a higher being, yet neither side can prove or disprove the existence of a higher being...I can't prove the existence of God, what I have is faith...you have no faith...prove to me that you are right.
If you try to tell me that I have to prove God's existence, that means, that you can not disprove it...

You're right I can't disprove it, I personally do think that we were created by some being however I don't think anyone on Earth knows why we were created or if we have a meaning for our existence or even if there is life after death, to be perfectly honest I'm not sure i'd want to know. Evolution however has nothing to do with the origin of life, instead the evidence suggests that once a creature was made it began to change over a period of time through it's generation eventually creating a different species entirely.

Evolution should be taught in science as it is a scientific theory, however it should also be mentioned that there are a few flaws. Creationism should be taught as a normal theory in a separate class, presumably Religious Education in the UK.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs