Forums:
Random

Foot in Mouth Moments

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mousebox On February 04, 2022

Tickle Harbour, Canada
#1New Post! Jun 06, 2010 @ 13:50:20
Have you ever had your mouth go off and then you realize is was the totally wrong thing to say at the time:

I was talking to a group of people, most of whom I know, about this guy who bought a piece of crap from me. It was a boat that needed a lot of repairs. I was saying how stupid he was and how much it was going to cost him to get it fixed. I said he was a real dumb ass.
Then his brother, who I didn't know, who was standing behind me said .. "It's OK, he's gonna fix it up."

I could have shrunk to 2" tall and scurried of into a corner ...
Sebastian On July 14, 2010

Small Mountain toen in the hea
#2New Post! Jun 06, 2010 @ 13:56:04
@mousebox Said

Have you ever had your moth go off and then you realize is was the totally wrong thing to say at the time:

I was talking to a group of people, most of whom I know, about this guy who bought a piece of crap from me. It was a boat that needed a lot of repairs. I was saying how stupid he was and how much it was going to cost him to get it fixed. I said he was a real dumb ass.
Then his brother, who I didn't know, who was standing behind me said .. "It's OK, he's gonna fix it up."

I have often been told that the filter between my mouth and my brain is broken....I have those moments so often it's scary! Usually it stems from trying to say one thing, and having it come out totally wrong.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#3New Post! Jun 06, 2010 @ 13:59:07
@Sebastian Said

I have often been told that the filter between my mouth and my brain is broken....I have those moments so often it's scary! Usually it stems from trying to say one thing, and having it come out totally wrong.

I'm quite stunned!

I guess having the keyboard, and 'edit' options before us, makes all the difference?
Furry On June 25, 2015

, New Jersey
#4New Post! Jun 06, 2010 @ 14:02:05
@mousebox Said

Have you ever had your moth go off and then you realize is was the totally wrong thing to say at the time:

Well I have to say that happened to me a couple of times, between calling my Girlfriend's best friend a "female dog" when I didn't notice she was in the room, or when I pissed at some one and I was walking down the street saying ways to kill him, not noticing the cop also walking
Sebastian On July 14, 2010

Small Mountain toen in the hea
#5New Post! Jun 06, 2010 @ 14:02:13
@sTreetAngeL Said

I'm quite stunned!

I guess having the keyboard, and 'edit' options before us, makes all the difference?

Oh yes, it helps a lot

Usually it's when I try to make a joke, and it comes out sounding WAY more crass than I intended...and I am actually pretty shy and quiet, and get embarrassed easily, which just makes it worse...LOL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs