Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
astrohamgirl On June 16, 2012

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#16New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:10:18
@challands Said

Yes and also like someone is crushing my ribs they are horrible

The thing to remember is that the attack will be over soon. They never last forever. Though it's a good idea to find what triggers your attacks, like the others have said. Stress, work, going somewhere, ect. The others who have posted can also help you too.
challands On December 17, 2012

Deleted

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:15:38
@astrohamgirl Said

The thing to remember is that the attack will be over soon. They never last forever. Though it's a good idea to find what triggers your attacks, like the others have said. Stress, work, going somewhere, ect. The others who have posted can also help you too.

Yes true hun!And it has happened when i have beenvery stressed out about things and once it happened as i thought i was going to be on my own when my partner was away for the day and thought he may hae to stay where he was the nigh that was my first one...i do try now to control them i just try and take deep breathes whe i can feel one coming on..

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#18New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:21:22
@challands Said

Yes true hun!And it has happened when i have beenvery stressed out about things and once it happened as i thought i was going to be on my own when my partner was away for the day and thought he may hae to stay where he was the nigh that was my first one...i do try now to control them i just try and take deep breathes whe i can feel one coming on..

I was taught an excellent breathing excise that helps me. Imagine that your stomach is a balloon. When you breath in the balloon expands in your stomach and when you breath out the balloon shrinks down. If you imagine it in your head it also helps.

Deleted

#19New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:25:16
@astrohamgirl Said

I was taught an excellent breathing excise that helps me. Imagine that your stomach is a balloon. When you breath in the balloon expands in your stomach and when you breath out the balloon shrinks down. If you imagine it in your head it also helps.

Oh wright i will try that next time thank you

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#20New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:27:25
@challands Said

Oh wright i will try that next time thank you

Your welcome!!!

Deleted

#21New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:31:01
@astrohamgirl Said

Your welcome!!!

Melbourne Beach, Florida
#22New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:38:10
@challands Said

I'm so glad I could help!

Deleted

#23New Post! Jun 02, 2010 @ 19:40:52
@astrohamgirl Said

I'm so glad I could help!

And you did.I'm just glad i can try something different now..Thanks..
Xavery On August 15, 2023
Certifiable BOT

Big City, Canada
#24New Post! Jun 05, 2010 @ 23:42:25
Yes, I have had them ... still, have them from time to time ... breathing is the key, deep breahes.

With my attacks, my heart would beat so fast under my ribs that I thought my ribs were going to crack or that my heart was going to come exploding through them. I could no longer distinguish between the beats of my heart and it felt like I had one continuous long beat.

Then I felt embarrassed --- like I was going insane, like I would say something stupid and everyone would know how maladjusted I was.

I felt out of control like I would swear or hurt some innocent person or myself.

Another alarming feature was that my body felt light and I felt unreal and things did not look real. (I did not understand that the adrenaline rush was leading me to experience heightened sensitivity.) Because things did not look real, this confirmed that I was going insane.

I think over the years I have changed. I really do not care if people think I am sane or not. I understand how adrenaline affects perception.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#25New Post! Jun 05, 2010 @ 23:48:15
before any stressful activity, especially if i prepared alot for it before-hand; i get panic attacks to the point where i want to throw up.
i only started with them at about 17 and still get them but rarely.
its mild panic-disorder apparently
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Jun 05, 2010 @ 23:51:09
I get anxiety attacks quite often, though lately they have subsided a little. I think it's good to see if you can work out what triggers them and then see if you can go about fixing it. You're lucky you also have medication to help them subside though.

As others have said, breathing techniques help massively too.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs