Forums:
Relationships

Role Reversal...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JorieJukebox On April 30, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#1New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 06:45:57
Moms need mothering too, as I've learned.... I imagine a lot of Moms are like mine, going going going... never seeming to take time for themselves... and stubborn to admit such a thing.
I've taken care of my Mom when she's sick... made sure she gets her rest and medicine and such...
THIS is the first time I've been here, like HERE, here... I drove her to her surgery... sat and waited, and then listened word for word to the post-op instructions... I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up her prescriptions and listened to more advice about them... For the next day and a half I have to make sure she's breathing, because of the anesthetics they gave her. She's asking my advice on when to take her meds and how high her knee should be... how much Gatorade she should drink with how much food she ate... I'm not used to my Mom being like this! Sure I've taken care of her when she's had a bad cold or the flu or some such thing... and it's not like she's had MAJOR surgery, but I want her to heal well and everything... It's kinda funny, being in this position, telling my Mom what to do, and MAKING her listen, because it's for her own good...
And at the same time... it's like payback... she took good care of me, right? This is the LEAST I could do for all the HELL she's gone thru as a mother.
It's just kinda weird, being on THIS side... with HER on the other...
Draco On August 28, 2017

In the imaginary city that is
#2New Post! May 05, 2010 @ 08:27:18
Well done!!!!

We should look after them...it's the least we can do!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs