Murry Hill Inc for congress!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#16New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 21:40:18
@shinobinoz Said

Public airwaves! They belong to us! Not to corporations. News and information should not be only for the wealthiest to control- though they always have. People, not corporations. People, not political powers.
What you fail to understand is the complete loss of "We the people"
Your chain is getting jerked every which way but loose!

EXACTLY! Public airwaves, and non-profit organizations have every right to use them to advertise their movie. How else do you expect them to let audiences know about their films? An advertisement for a documentary isn't going to affect the election in any way. If they did, then I've got a great deal for the Brooklyn Bridge I'm dying to give to those kinds of people. In addition to that, the group was a non-profit, which is SUPPOSED to be exempt from those laws. The courts even said so in a previous case. The government clearly overstepped their boundaries, and the Supreme Court recognized that. This doesn't mean there can never be any finance campaign reform ever. It just means Congress needs to do a better job of writing them to ensure they don't actually prevent us from practicing our freedom of the press.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#17New Post! Mar 19, 2010 @ 23:34:56
@crazylikeafox Said

EXACTLY! Public airwaves, and non-profit organizations have every right to use them to advertise their movie. How else do you expect them to let audiences know about their films? An advertisement for a documentary isn't going to affect the election in any way. If they did, then I've got a great deal for the Brooklyn Bridge I'm dying to give to those kinds of people. In addition to that, the group was a non-profit, which is SUPPOSED to be exempt from those laws. The courts even said so in a previous case. The government clearly overstepped their boundaries, and the Supreme Court recognized that. This doesn't mean there can never be any finance campaign reform ever. It just means Congress needs to do a better job of writing them to ensure they don't actually prevent us from practicing our freedom of the press.

There should be limits before elections to prevent smear and the inability to respond. What that time limit should be, I don't. There should also ALWAYS be an ability for the minority voice to be able to respond to smears and distortions. Otherwise only the wealthy or popular will be heard and the minority view is squashed- talk about limiting freedom of the press!
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#18New Post! Mar 20, 2010 @ 01:15:11
@shinobinoz Said

There should be limits before elections to prevent smear and the inability to respond. What that time limit should be, I don't. There should also ALWAYS be an ability for the minority voice to be able to respond to smears and distortions. Otherwise only the wealthy or popular will be heard and the minority view is squashed- talk about limiting freedom of the press!

That's for political ads though. What about commercials for documentaries? There IS a difference, you know.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#19New Post! Mar 20, 2010 @ 20:07:47
@crazylikeafox Said

That's for political ads though. What about commercials for documentaries? There IS a difference, you know.

When the documentaries are really political ads, I do know the difference. You are right. There IS a difference, you know.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs