bbc bias on immigration issue

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#31New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 14:54:17
@kaydoh Said

Whatever. I'm pretty sure it was the second day as the first day about three went then the next it was just him because the owner joked and said he would have to work even harder.

He didn't have the opportunity really to stick it out as the job wasn't a permanent one, just for three days, so why put himself through that ordeal. Maybe I just have an issue with people taking abuse just cos people think they have the right to look down on them and judge them. Anyone on here could go to work tomorrow and discover they have been made redundant or lose their job my other means.

it was the first work day, he had a day of training the day before.

he claims to be willing to work, he gets the chance to proof it in a relative easy job, and walks out on the first day.

i feel no remorse for the abuse i've given him.
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 14:55:32
@mark_is_god Said

i feel no remorse for the abuse i've given him.

No surprises there then
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#33New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 14:57:06
@kaydoh Said

No surprises there then

even if you don't like my comments, at least don't reply to them with sarky remarks.
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 14:58:09
@mark_is_god Said

even if you don't like my comments, at least don't reply to them with sarky remarks.

excalibur On March 30, 2010

notts, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Feb 26, 2010 @ 14:58:32
@buffalobill90 Said

When you say 'British', do you mean 'white'? There is actually a difference, you know.

i know, i said british, but seeing as you are intent in trurning this issue into one of race, all the applicants were white.

so from this i also conclude that it was a grossly unfair programme labelling white british unemployed as useless idiots, or was the tactic of using all white applicants just another part of this anti-british mediums ploy to denegrate and demoralise british people who happen to have the misfortune of not having the opportunity to work, one they would have if migrants had not taken the local jobs?

the programme painted a very unfair portrayal of those seeking work, and i still remain convinced that its aims was to do just that, whilst instilling the mindset that the government seeks to brainwash us all in, that our economy needs migrants to survive- no proof, utter nonsense
lazarus65 On September 28, 2011

Colorado Springs, Colorado
#36New Post! Sep 28, 2011 @ 08:10:26
I am an American and have not seen the show, but I have lived with the same debates here and have come to believ that the industries that proffit from employing illegal imagrants in this country are the primary sources of this misinformation in order to continue the practices of paying below minimum wage,and avoiding messy and expensive law suits and workers comp insurance for its employees, whom if there were a problem they would have no legal recourse because of their illegal statis. Yes we would be willing to take these jobs but we would demand the same rights that we take for granted in our more prosporous days.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#37New Post! Sep 28, 2011 @ 09:55:17
@buffalobill90 Said

When you say 'British', do you mean 'white'? There is actually a difference, you know.

I was reading this thread and came upon your comment. What is the difference between a Brit and a white?
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013