The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Health & Fitness

Just in case you drink too much or get a hangover-some tips

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Dec 22, 2009 @ 04:40:12
I wasn't always old and I remember the room swirling but that was 30 yrs. ago and I've been cured of the desire.
Anyway, I could say it serves you right, but I won't. If you do it too often its time to think about why, if you get "stupid" one night and want to die the next morning, here is a good site.(Liquor can sneak up on you pretty fast, especially if you don't weigh much) I looked at about 15 sites, this was the easiest to read and IMO, follow. Water is your friend and so are sports drinks. Dehydration is the problem. Alcohol is a drug, so beware of the possibility of poisoning yourself.
Some facts
the average number of drinks that cause a HANGOVER IS 3.2.
ABOUT 1 IN 10 PEOPLE OVER THE AGE OF 21 GET A HANGOVER AFTER 1 OR 2 DRINKS
IF DRINKING IN EXCESS BECOMES A HABIT SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP.

For the holiday drinkers do I have to say PLEASE DON'T DRIVE?

Before you drink again please take a look at this link.

https://health.howstuffworks.com/hangover8.htm
HINT-THE BEST WAY TO AVOID GETTING DRUNK AND HAVING A HANGOVER IS DON'T START BUT I'M A REALIST. 8) THIS IS NOT A LECTURE, I POSTED THIS AFTER READING ANOTHER THREAD. I'M ANSWERING A REQUEST.
Sweet drinks go down so easily you're more likely to drink too much before you even realize it.

Call a dr. if someone passes out on a regular basis, gets too dehydrated and may need IV fluids,(they've thrown up on themselves and may choke) if symptoms don't get better in a day, or if it's a habit that may cause harm to other people.Even I enjoy some Bailey's.
"Be careful out there folks."
Jason13 On October 22, 2010

Melbourne, Australia
#2New Post! Dec 22, 2009 @ 04:45:12
Why do I feel I had something to do with this post?

I do like to think of myself as a responsible drinker. I drink often, but only drink a LOT on occasion, if that makes sense?

Learned my lesson twice! about driving drunk. Not doin that again. I generally don't get hangovers, as I usually do hydrate myself before bed. But on the occasions that I do drink a lot, I usually drink too much, and forget/don't think about the next morning.

You are absolutely right though, I deserve it. I knew what I was doing. Seemed like a good idea at the time. And I'll do it again. I'm not one of those people that suffers and says "I'm never drinking again". If I wake up feeling THAT sorry for myself, I usually just say, "gonna be a little while before I can stomach drinking that much again"

#3New Post! Dec 22, 2009 @ 04:46:07
The only thing I didn't type in from my notes as a substance abuse counselor was the link. This has happened twice now and I'm annoyed. No biggy, I just had to get it out of my system.
8)

#4New Post! Dec 22, 2009 @ 04:50:39
@Jason13 Said

Why do I feel I had something to do with this post?

I do like to think of myself as a responsible drinker. I drink often, but only drink a LOT on occasion, if that makes sense?

Learned my lesson twice! about driving drunk. Not doin that again. I generally don't get hangovers, as I usually do hydrate myself before bed. But on the occasions that I do drink a lot, I usually drink too much, and forget/don't think about the next morning.

You are absolutely right though, I deserve it. I knew what I was doing. Seemed like a good idea at the time. And I'll do it again. I'm not one of those people that suffers and says "I'm never drinking again". If I wake up feeling THAT sorry for myself, I usually just say, "gonna be a little while before I can stomach drinking that much again"

I believe that, from experience it's the people in denial that have a huge problem. As my post says, sometimes it sneaks up on you fast.
I was just being sarcastic about deserving it. It's hard for me to give up control of a situation so I choose not to. If someone's a problem drinker the people around them will be the first to start nagging them.

Melbourne, Australia
#5New Post! Dec 22, 2009 @ 04:55:16
@ReadsALOT Said

I believe that, from experience it's the people in denial that have a huge problem. As my post says, sometimes it sneaks up on you fast.
I was just being sarcastic about deserving it. It's hard for me to give up control of a situation so I choose not to. If someone's a problem drinker the people around them will be the first to start nagging them.

I actually used to be quite a problem drinker. I won't deny that. The problem was/is I enjoy drinking too much. So I figured instead of giving up completely, my will and self control is good enough to drink responsibly and in moderation.

But I do deserve the hangover

#6New Post! Dec 22, 2009 @ 04:56:59
@Jason13 Said

I actually used to be quite a problem drinker. I won't deny that. The problem was/is I enjoy drinking too much. So I figured instead of giving up completely, my will and self control is good enough to drink responsibly and in moderation.

But I do deserve the hangover

Glad you realize that.

Melbourne, Australia
#7New Post! Dec 22, 2009 @ 04:58:16
@ReadsALOT Said

Glad you realize that.

Hell, I would spend all day every day absolutely drunk off my arse if I could! But it's not good for me, not good for my wallet, and not good for people around me, so I don't

#8New Post! Dec 22, 2009 @ 05:06:18
@Jason13 Said

Hell, I would spend all day every day absolutely drunk off my arse if I could! But it's not good for me, not good for my wallet, and not good for people around me, so I don't

1029066 On January 26, 2010

Deleted

, Georgia
#9New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 17:09:05
Eating helps hangovers. Alot actually. It's a weird thing to think about cause you're nautious (or i am) when you get hangovers. But eating a good meal tones it down a hell of alot.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs