Poetry

A Growing Taste for Blood-completely rewritten

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#16New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 06:18:54
@Liquefied Said

I think as "writers" or "poets," we often have to reflect on the dark to better reflect the light. In another words, at the end of a story, if the antagonist hasn't been especially evil, hasn't been made especially humane (if we haven't allowed the reader to sympathize as to how and why the antagonist became the way he/she is in his/her evil methods), then the light and conclusion won't be as strong.

Poetry cuts slivers of life and transposes them into nice and neat segments to be read by others. But one poem read alone is just one segment of a giant orange.

Sorry... dogs got me up. Raining. Waiting for them to dry off before I go back to bed.

We all have many facets and some times too many people don't want to see what we need to show. They get a vision of you in their mind and you'd better not disappoint. I've been accused of being too upfront about myself. It's a little late for me to change now. If somebody doesn't like it, they can walk away, I'm
myself I won't pretend.
Liquefied On November 21, 2009

Deleted

Bartonville,
#17New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 06:24:07
@readsalot Said

We all have many facets and some times too many people don't want to see what we need to show. They get a vision of you in their mind and you'd better not disappoint. I've been accused of being too upfront about myself. It's a little late for me to change now. If somebody doesn't like it, they can walk away, I'm
myself I won't pretend.

Yeah. Almost all my fiction/poetry reflects very personal issues for me. I'd be hardpressed not to find at least SOMETHING personal in everything I write.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#18New Post! Oct 19, 2009 @ 01:11:46
@lilbear Said

That is a side everyone has and as for being taken for granted, sometimes the one that thinks they are being taken for granted has actually taken others for granted giving them reason to pause and think before letting perhaps unfounded anger out on the very people that they themselves may have done the same to!

This was about an abused woman's quest to finally face the truth and not run away. It was an attempt to relate with a patient who needed to feel that she had earned her dark side. Your "discussion" or how you read it put her once again in the guilty seat where she didn't belong.
Perhaps some do, but this time, no. She had finally faced the reality of her life.
Yes I could relate with my dark side, it was what was going on in my real life. I normally wouldn't say this on a forum, but I don't want this misconstrued.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs