Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#31New Post! Jul 05, 2009 @ 18:06:36
@Bloodshot Said

This film is not a Disney fairytale!, you do understand that there are people in REAL life do very naughty and wicked things and go unpunished for it,why should it been any different for a film??

JUSTICE?
Bloodshot On November 17, 2010

Deleted

in your mind, Mongolia
#32New Post! Jul 05, 2009 @ 18:24:14
@Mysteria Said

JUSTICE?

Well I am very sorry to disappoint you luv,but if it is Justice you are looking for in this world,you will be looking for a very long time.

Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#33New Post! Jul 05, 2009 @ 18:39:02
@Bloodshot Said

Well I am very sorry to disappoint you luv,but if it is Justice you are looking for in this world,you will be looking for a very long time.

Yes, that is unfortunate. I think we all want it. Life isn't always fair, but I believe in many cases, offenders get their just desserts. I'd like to hope so.
amelie3 On March 07, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#34New Post! Jul 07, 2009 @ 09:42:55
@Bloodshot Said

This film is not a Disney fairytale!, you do understand that there are people in REAL life do very naughty and wicked things and go unpunished for it,why should it been any different for a film??

You're right - life is no Disney epic. Watching reality unfold is arguably what the news is for. People watch the news and watch a film for very different reasons - usually.

If you like your movies super realistic then there are films for you. For people who like to laugh or escape for a while, comedies and shoot'em up films do the trick well. The movie goers expectations are always different which is cool - that's why so many different types of film get made.

I don't mind how harsh the topic is of a film as long as there is some acknowledgment that crime is wrong; that bad guys lose, that good wins, somehow, eventually. That's not life, but it's how I like my films. I want to be inspired by a film, not reminded of how much life sucks - but that's just me.
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Jul 07, 2009 @ 12:48:36
I preferred the book (I didn't actually like the film that much). Anthony Burgess' satirical ideas about a dystopian world came over more effectively on the page because I wasn't distracted by the visual images. It was ahead of its time when you consider that it was published in the early 60s.
Bloodshot On November 17, 2010

Deleted

in your mind, Mongolia
#36New Post! Jul 07, 2009 @ 17:49:01
Quote:
I don't mind how harsh the topic is of a film as long as there is some acknowledgment that crime is wrong; that bad guys lose, that good wins, somehow, eventually. That's not life, but it's how I like my films. I want to be inspired by a film, not reminded of how much life sucks - but that's just me.

But that will make most films predictable,whats the point in watching it in the first place?
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#38New Post! Jul 07, 2009 @ 17:58:06
Though disturbing, I thought it was a brilliant film..really sucked you in, and made an impression.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#42New Post! Jul 07, 2009 @ 19:34:00
The movie's sick, I love it.
amelie3 On March 07, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#44New Post! Jul 17, 2009 @ 09:27:16
@Bloodshot Said

But that will make most films predictable,whats the point in watching it in the first place?

One of my favourite films is the Godfather and the good vs evil predicament is not straight forward or predictable. I love the fact that you get to see this other side of this mafia family - they shoot people yes, but they also love their kids & family, they care very much about a lot of things - honour, pride, each other. They do bad things, but are they bad people? That's the interesting part.

The truth is that they are mostly likeable characters, with motivations you can understand. You are never left in any doubt though, that when Michael Corleone officially joins in the family business, it has cost him a piece of his soul. Crime doesn't pay - but what choice did he have?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs