Feedback & Suggestions

Sex forums showing for 18+ only?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#31New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 17:40:30
I just finished reading the TFS notice on that, about how Google was gonna cut him off. I can understand that, has nothing to do with age at all, it's just Google's policy.
Tailkinker On January 29, 2023
WorldOfDarknessQueen

My Backpack, Michigan
#32New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 17:41:02
THere were threads like that here

I wouldn't want one. TFS is nice the way it is.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#33New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 17:43:02
@Lili Said

I just finished reading the TFS notice on that, about how Google was gonna cut him off. I can understand that, has nothing to do with age at all, it's just Google's policy.

But why would Google do that? I mean, they gave Tino a free fridge.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#34New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 17:45:21
@jonnythan Said

2 things:

1) Edit profile, Personal, change birth year to 1990, hello adult section.

2) A forum specifically dedicated to "adult" talk would essentially invite people to talk about these things, leading to a large amount of racy talk.

There are a ton of internet sex forums. TFS doesn't need to be one of them.

Correct on all things there
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#35New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 17:54:45
@Lili Said

I didn't know this had already been posted a whole bunch of times, sorry.

It's cool.

I might eventually create a FAQ thread about it, so if/when I do don't think it's aimed at you in particular - it really is a "frequently asked question."
deeFXCKINGjay On January 21, 2012
Bannned

, Kazakhstan
#36New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 19:36:27
You might want to give suggestions of sites where you can talk about sex in that thread Annski.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#37New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 19:38:44
A simple point though, if the 18+ forum was only visible to registered members over the age of 18, I'd assume that meant that anonymous people who had not yet registered wouldn't know it was there until after they had registered, so its presence wouldn't "attract" certain types of new registrations since they wouldn't know it was there until after they'd registered. In that same vein, a teen member wouldn't know to falsely register as 18+ in order to see the forum since they also wouldn't know it was there prior to registering. So not letting people change their age in their profile after they've registered would stop people from peeking by changing their age.
In addition to that, Google would never know you had a sex forum because Google would be indexing the forum as an anonymous user, and as such, would have no access to the 18+ forum, since it would only show up for logged in registered users over 18.

#38New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 19:38:46
@deefxckingjay Said

You might want to give suggestions of sites where you can talk about sex in that thread Annski.

Well, no, I'm not going to advertise sex forums on TFS. But I edited and mentioned Google.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#39New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 19:47:26
@deefxckingjay Said

riiiight
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#40New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 19:50:43
@Lili Said

A simple point though, if the 18+ forum was only visible to registered members over the age of 18, I'd assume that meant that anonymous people who had not yet registered wouldn't know it was there until after they had registered, so its presence wouldn't "attract" certain types of new registrations since they wouldn't know it was there until after they'd registered. In that same vein, a teen member wouldn't know to falsely register as 18+ in order to see the forum since they also wouldn't know it was there prior to registering. So not letting people change their age in their profile after they've registered would stop people from peeking by changing their age.
In addition to that, Google would never know you had a sex forum because Google would be indexing the forum as an anonymous user, and as such, would have no access to the 18+ forum, since it would only show up for logged in registered users over 18.

But whats stopping them once they have sign up, and discovered that there is a secret hidden adult forum?

#41New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 19:53:54
@Pete Said

But whats stopping them once they have sign up, and discovered that there is a secret hidden adult forum?

Lili mentioned in her post before yours that changing your age wouldn't be an option.

The problem with that is they can still create a new account registered under a new age, and if someone makes a mistake with their age when signing up (sounds silly but it happens pretty frequently) they can't fix it.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#42New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 19:56:35
It is only a good thing that the thread was made up, because you get people asking all the time
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#43New Post! May 15, 2009 @ 23:32:47
@Lili Said

Lili there are plenty of forums on the net that do have sex forums.
If you are a member of those sites, you'll find that it's often a very different experience to TFS.

In my experience, it turned the forum into a kind of dating site. Rather than enjoying reading and making posts, I spent a lot of time blocking PM's from people who were only there to get their rocks off.

It was fun for the people who loved the sex forum. For the members over 18+ who weren't seeking that in the first place, it became a nuicanse. That's why I'm here instead of there.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs