The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
History

What does the confederate flag represent?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
TobyW360 On September 18, 2009

dinuba,
#16New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 20:02:23
@karljkampovsky Said

If you like it,I think I could just ignore it! If it was not used in klan rallys! It could be alright if those who like it but hate the klan saw to it that it was not used in that way!

KKK bylaws require the U.S. flag and
the Christian flag to be present at every event.

so try not to be so ignorant next time
jonblaze On May 11, 2011

Tulsa, United States (general)
#17New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 20:17:01
you mean to tell me that the people displaying it aren't just over excited Dukes of Hazard fans???
WeNowSix On January 05, 2011

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#18New Post! Sep 20, 2009 @ 03:05:30
@crankshaft Said

Do you really think the North gave a rat's a** about Southern blacks? I didn't think anyone was that naive.

Beware, for this post I wear my red kimono. People with weak stomachs should not read this.

I doubt that I know much about the asses of rats, but I know that the possibility that black people, free or slave, might immigrate to the North motivated some Union soldiers to fight in the war. I have read that in letters written by Union soldiers after the publication of the Emancipation Proclamation.

Even today, much in Black Culture terrifies me. For example, we have Michael Vick's interview in which, to his credit, he makes no excuses, but I got the impression that dog fighting must have been a common thing in the neighborhood where he grew up. I can't imagine my children being exposed to that.

We have the example, according to Bill Cosby, that outrageously vulgar discourse is common is black culture.

School board members in Oakland, California wanted to teach children that something, which they called Ebonics, should be taught rather than Standard English.

I know substitute teachers who won?t work in black areas of town because they think the campuses are not safe because of violent students.

Here in Los Angeles, the federal government closed the King Drew Hospital because it had killed too many, probably all black, people. Black politicians, like Maxine Waters, fought to keep it open, but finally its repeated criminal incompetence caused its closure.

The list goes on, and it reminds me of the Arthur Ashe quote which says something about being born black is worse than having AIDS. If that is not a quote, maybe it should be.

I can?t imagine living with neighbors; who are continually involved in criminal behavior, unsafe schools that don?t teach Standard English; and hospitals with incompetent doctors. I have a black friend. Years ago, I asked him to define Uncle Tom. He said that I should imagine being stepped on and ground into the ground so far that I would need to look up to look down.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs