The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

So, this guy asked me if I practiced Voodoo...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#46New Post! Mar 30, 2009 @ 17:57:42
@rubylights Said

absolutely. i admit i was a bit shocked, but it didn't warrant a response like some of the ones some people suggested...

Thank you
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#47New Post! Mar 30, 2009 @ 18:01:05
My entire point since the first page has been that it would have been very rude to respond aggressively to the guy. There was no need for the OP to "stand up for" herself as the question itself was not insulting or rude. The OP herself has stated that she was not insulted and did not feel the question was rude.

Somehow it morphed from the question requiring a defensive posture because of the Voodoo being bad thing to it requiring a defensive posture because the guy was "ASSuming" anything at all. Even though he wasn't.

I think the whole thing has run its course though and sorry for the derailment
simpleman On November 09, 2009

Banned

lawrenceville,
#48New Post! Mar 30, 2009 @ 18:06:39
@rubylights Said

no, it's not. but it was shocking to me. i wasn't offended or anything, but it did seem kind of weird. i'd never been asked that before.

dont be suprised about the most dumb a** questions you will get as you move on during life
u shoulda said r u an a** cus it sure smells like it

rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#49New Post! Mar 30, 2009 @ 18:08:17
@jonnythan Said

My entire point since the first page has been that it would have been very rude to respond aggressively to the guy. There was no need for the OP to "stand up for" herself as the question itself was not insulting or rude. The OP herself has stated that she was not insulted and did not feel the question was rude.

Somehow it morphed from the question requiring a defensive posture because of the Voodoo being bad thing to it requiring a defensive posture because the guy was "ASSuming" anything at all. Even though he wasn't.

I think the whole thing has run its course though and sorry for the derailment

no worries.
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#50New Post! Mar 31, 2009 @ 08:45:46
@rubylights Said

I was shocked for a few seconds cuz it seemed to come out of the blue. So I told him I didn't and I was rather short with him though I didn't mean to be. I told him I was Christian and he seemed kind of confused. So I said, "Why do you ask?" and he said "Well, you're from the Caribbean, aren't you?" And I said "Yes." And then he said "Isn't there a lot of Voodoo and Santeria influence over there?" I said "Yes... What's your point?" Then he looked all embarassed so I laughed it off so he wouldn't feel uncomfortable. But this is totally new to me. I didn't know people thought that anyone from the Caribbean was automatically a practitioner of Voodoo or Santeria....

I mean, my country borders Haiti, and they have a strong Voodoo culture over there so I do know quite a bit about it, but that doesn't mean I practice it... Does anyone else think like this, or was it just that one guy?

It's funny when people automatically assume that I like to drink beer just because my hair is red, and they are right.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Mar 31, 2009 @ 08:59:59
people who assume things by looking at you are the worst i think.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs