The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

dont read if you are going to critisize my religion or anythig I just need some h

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
insane_angel On December 13, 2009

Lewisville, United States (gen
#1New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 04:51:44
Hey. I'm engaged to a wanderful man that has a wanderful calling, he's suppose to be a preacher....Me on the other hand....I'm wild....oh lets mention we go to a pennicostal church and his parents and my grandparents (the ones I live with) are hard core pennicostal....I'm ruining his image. He told me today that he didnt want to be a preacher becuase he'd have to have the perfect image and I couln't let him do that (hewas not being mean at all.) becase I don have long hair and wear skirts all the time... Am I worrying that I'll ruin this for him...I feel like I'm holding him back....What should I do we love each oher vary much...I love him with all my heart. But I dont think his mom approves of me... I dont know what to do.... PLease someone help me....>.>
adlawrence On June 30, 2011

Eastern, North Carolina
#2New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 04:54:06
If you love eachother and God has planned for y'all to be together it will all work out... and God may have your fiance's plan as being a preacher and he may not... I think it will all work out.
vekta On November 18, 2013

#3New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 04:54:29
You have two choices:

Adapt your let go.

If they don't like you they'll make your lives hell. So you'll have to change unless he changes.

life sucks huh...
backseatcynic On January 19, 2010

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#4New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 04:56:48
You're 17, and engaged? Don't be afraid to wait things out for a while. I don't doubt you love him and want to be with him. But you're 17! There's no rush when your whole life's ahead of you, and you are still committed and with him without being married. So what would it hurt?
vekta On November 18, 2013

#5New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 04:59:28
Since you're so young you're way of thinking might change in the years to come. Who you are now may not be exactly the same person you'll be in 5 or 10 years. The teen years can be fickle.

Not hating...just telling you what you don't wanna hear.

#6New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 05:00:09
@backseatcynic Said

You're 17, and engaged? Don't be afraid to wait things out for a while. I don't doubt you love him and want to be with him. But you're 17! There's no rush when your whole life's ahead of you, and you are still committed and with him without being married. So what would it hurt?

please...i get enough of this... honestly thats not my problem right now...not trying to be rude this isnt about my enagement....
backseatcynic On January 19, 2010

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#7New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 05:05:16
I have to disagree with you there. Your engagement is at the root of the problem here. You're worried about him denying what he wants to be, and to do it for you, yes? So when you're married, that pretty well cinches it. So I'm saying, take a breath and let things calm down for a while. Everyone can relax, think, and talk about things for a while. Eases family stresses and tensions that way, and yours too. That's my opinion anyway.
fuzzy_hand_cuffs On December 30, 2009
I WORK OUT

Clarksville, Tennessee
#8New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 05:05:18
do what you feel. no one should hold you and him back from being in love, and not to criticize your religion but no religion should hold back love.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#9New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 05:07:20
@backseatcynic Said

I have to disagree with you there. Your engagement is at the root of the problem here. You're worried about him denying what he wants to be, and to do it for you, yes? So when you're married, that pretty well cinches it. So I'm saying, take a breath and let things calm down for a while. Everyone can relax, think, and talk about things for a while. Eases family stresses and tensions that way, and yours too. That's my opinion anyway.

ditto
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#10New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 05:10:49
people change over time they mature and grow up as they get older when my sister was your age she was out partying all time and now she is married and has 2 kids to a guy who is a total alcoholic u should be lucky that u found a guy who is more religous cuz that way if u guys do get married he will be there for you when u change because u will as u get older u will get tired of the way your living your life now and want to change and grow up its just apart of life.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#11New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 05:12:19
@insane_angel Said

Hey. I'm engaged to a wanderful man that has a wanderful calling, he's suppose to be a preacher....Me on the other hand....I'm wild....oh lets mention we go to a pennicostal church and his parents and my grandparents (the ones I live with) are hard core pennicostal....I'm ruining his image. He told me today that he didnt want to be a preacher becuase he'd have to have the perfect image and I couln't let him do that (hewas not being mean at all.) becase I don have long hair and wear skirts all the time... Am I worrying that I'll ruin this for him...I feel like I'm holding him back....What should I do we love each oher vary much...I love him with all my heart. But I dont think his mom approves of me... I dont know what to do.... PLease someone help me....>.>

I think your fiancee should stop caring about what others think of you. Hes the preacher not you If they don't like they way you are then to bad. They don't have to live with you.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#12New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 05:14:09
Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I'm Pentecostal as well and I know the truth in this passage. Wait on God, if He want's you to grow out your hair and wear skirts you'll know it, don't rush it. Talk to your boyfriend about this as well, he needs to be patient with you. If it was meant to be God will make a way. If not, you have to accept it.
xnuvax On April 06, 2010

Deleted

SYDNEY, Australia
#13New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 06:16:43
Be polite and be yourself, and more importantly be proud of your individuality. Just don't disrespect anyone with it. With patience and time, you will know what the right thing to do is.

#14New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 14:09:27
@HiImDan Said

Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I'm Pentecostal as well and I know the truth in this passage. Wait on God, if He want's you to grow out your hair and wear skirts you'll know it, don't rush it. Talk to your boyfriend about this as well, he needs to be patient with you. If it was meant to be God will make a way. If not, you have to accept it.

Thaks I was hoping to hear something from someone of the same religion. I grew up hating this religion...Now...Its not that much better. I want to be the image wife he deserves as a preature...I just cant believe God care that much about your appearence as long as you dont go around looking like a hoocker.

ps think you for not saying anything about my marriage.
MirLou On November 18, 2013

Cork, Ireland
#15New Post! Mar 29, 2009 @ 14:39:27
You have a right to chose your own destiny. If you both love each other, don't let Gold slip through your fingers and out of your life forever. Best wishes.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs