Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 20:50:33
Possible side affects;

Your tongue swells and you die in your sleep because your tongue blocks your airway.

At the end of the day piercings can kill people, it can cause people to go into shock I believe.

If you want it be sensible brush your teeth twice a day and use a non alcoholic mouth wash to rinse your mouth after eating and it should be fine. Also use salt water mouth rinses to top it up, they don't taste great but apart from that it's fine.

Just follow the advice of a piercer and you'll be fine.
chef_mia On December 11, 2012

derry, Ireland
#17New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 20:51:41
@charles Said

"China" is the best tattoo artist , body piercer in Derry

i thought u meant the country china i most go up and see him on Thursday from some advice and see

derry, Ireland
#18New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 20:55:47
@Silver_Lining Said

I believe, may be wrong, but some people get a lisp while they have the bar in.

mm i had braces and i didnt have 1 so hopefully i wont get 1 if i get my tongue pierced

@sheepy Said

Pros -
You might like it
It's what you want
Others might like seeing you with it.

Cons -
Takes an age to heal
Hurts like hell to have done
Dentists say it damages teeth
Many people think it looks ugly (Well who cares what others think - but some do)
Bit old fashioned and unfashionable now

its not unfashionable or old fashioned lol
and ur right abut me not caring wat ppl think as its me lol

@angelcake Said

Possible side affects;

Your tongue swells and you die in your sleep because your tongue blocks your airway.

At the end of the day piercings can kill people, it can cause people to go into shock I believe.

If you want it be sensible brush your teeth twice a day and use a non alcoholic mouth wash to rinse your mouth after eating and it should be fine. Also use salt water mouth rinses to top it up, they don't taste great but apart from that it's fine.

Just follow the advice of a piercer and you'll be fine.

i could die thats worrying but u can die crossing the road and we all still cross it

afte this thread im now more confused of weather to get it done than i was b4
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 20:57:43
I personally think it's pretty common now and too many people have it done.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 20:59:47
if you want to get it done do it.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#21New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 21:03:38
I had my tongue pierced, and cook, and it was no problem.
I got it done on my days off, and yes it did swell like a mo fo, but it was ok. You can eat, but just be aware of the spice and flavourings for a few days as it stings.
As long as you bring the clear listorine with you to work, for your breaks, you will be fine.
I had mine for years. I sometimes want it back, actually.
I wasn't the type who played with it outside of my mouth, but liked it inside.
forensicgrl94 On November 04, 2014
inspector gadget

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 21:07:49
i would say go to a real piercer. DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF. aparently if you hit the vein in the tounge you could bleed out (altho this is a myth as there are no actual cases of this happening)

it can damage your teeth if you "play" with it. ie roll the bar along you teeth. this wears away the cornors of your teeth and can chip your enamal.

having said that i think tounge piercings are cool! bt go to a piercer to get it done.

derry, Ireland
#23New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 21:09:03
@angelcake Said

if you want to get it done do it.

u c i dont no if i want it done or not lol i kinda do but im kida worried but getting it done
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#24New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 21:10:29
talk to the piercer and go from there. i'm sure he'll be able to answer all your questions

derry, Ireland
#25New Post! Mar 24, 2009 @ 21:23:57
@roxygemini Said

I had my tongue pierced, and cook, and it was no problem.
I got it done on my days off, and yes it did swell like a mo fo, but it was ok. You can eat, but just be aware of the spics and flavourings for a few days as it stings.
As long as you bring the clear listorine with you to work, for your breaks, you will be fine.
I had mine for years. I sometimes want it back, actually.
I wasn't the type who played with it outside of my mouth, but liked it inside.

yea i hate the ppl who play with it outside there mouth especially at the dinner table

ah thats good if i get it done il stay away from spices

@forensicgrl94 Said

i would say go to a real piercer. DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF. aparently if you hit the vein in the tounge you could bleed out (altho this is a myth as there are no actual cases of this happening)

it can damage your teeth if you "play" with it. ie roll the bar along you teeth. this wears away the cornors of your teeth and can chip your enamal.

having said that i think tounge piercings are cool! bt go to a piercer to get it done.

oh id never do it myself no way no way lol

na i dnt think i would be da type of person dat would do dat thing wa my teeth lol
cosmo09 On March 25, 2009

the sticks, Canada
#26New Post! Mar 25, 2009 @ 05:17:13
also, keep to plastic barbells ater your tounge has completely healed... these are easier on your teeth. and you won't get a lisp unless you wear overly huge beads
HolyPants On September 29, 2010

Detroit, Michigan
#27New Post! Apr 09, 2009 @ 01:27:01
I have mine done, and I actually got it when I was 18 because EVERYONE else was getting their eyebrows pierced, which is what I originally wanted. (I'm babbling, sorry!) Anyways, while almost every pro and con mentioned it true, it is different for everyone.

First off, THOROUGHLY look around your local piercing/tattoo parlors for the one that is MOST sanitary and CERTIFIED! That's number one! I was stupid and went to a place that didn't look the cleanest, but I knew someone there that I trusted with my life. Needless to say, I still have it and I've had NO complications. Just because they're good with ink, does NOT mean that they know how to pierce CORRECTLY, so make sure you do your homework!! There are websites online where you can search for PROFESSIONAL PIERCERS in your area!

Your tongue DOES swell for the first few days. Here's a secret; once you get it done, go STRAIGHT to the nearest subway and get a cup of ice. MOST have the ice cubes that are cylinders, but they're hollow all the way through. Therefore, you can put your new barbell through the hole, and the ice helps with the swelling. (I also recommend taking some advil or motrin the first couple nights because IT WILL BE SORE in the mornings!!!) DEFINITELY gargle with water and sea salt, or listerine after EVERY meal or snack for the first week!

You're not supposed to change the barbell for 6-12 weeks. The time depends on what your piercer recommends. Anyways, DO NOT change it before then, it hurts! I didn't want to get caught with mine when I first got it done, so I put in a clear plastic one.

I never got a lisp except for the first few days where it was swollen. Mine didn't get NEARLY as bad as some other people I've seen with them. Also, while some peoples tongues close up right away, mine I can leave out for a day or two before it starts to close up.

RISKS:
You have a lisp for a few days, OR if your pierced too close to the tip of your tongue, you can have a lisp until it is removed.
**IF the vein in your tongue is hit "just right" it can paralyze you. HOWEVER, if your guy/girl is CERTIFIED AND EXPERIENCED, you will be fine!! While this is a scary thing to think about, this has not been the case for MANY years!!

Your dentist will scold you, but the first three years I had mine, they were amazed at how my teeth weren't chipping at all. It's the people who ALWAYS play with there's that end up having those chipping issues. I originally got mine to be "different," but then it became a fad everywhere.

It's a piercing... in my opinion, if you don't like it, you can take it out! It's not NEARLY as scary as a tattoo which will pretty much be permanent.

Sorry for writing a novel, but I'm not even sure I got out everything I wanted to say. Hopefully, it will help with your decision if you haven't already made up your mind!
GoblintheGoblin On March 01, 2010
Kneel before Zod!

Deleted

swansea, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Apr 09, 2009 @ 01:30:05
pro "it's sexy as f***"
con "id bexy ba buck"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others