Forums:
Health & Fitness

BODY IMAGE

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Sweetaspie On November 27, 2008

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 27, 2008 @ 12:32:50
Do you think that the media potrays true body image that represents real women and does it affect the way we view how we look? Who would you rather see? The average woman or a skinny model?
wynston On March 21, 2014

Swansea, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 27, 2008 @ 12:48:04
@Sweetaspie Said

Do you think that the media potrays true body image that represents real women and does it affect the way we view how we look? Who would you rather see? The average woman or a skinny model?

Magazines portayal of women is rediculous, the pics are airbrushed to death... I think it stresses girls out, but they should know the score with the airbrushing...

curves, curves, curves for me!!! Skinny women look cold!!
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 27, 2008 @ 12:56:58
but would we rather open up a magazine and see girls with their belly's hanging over the top of their jeans? hair dried out from over use of straighteners? stretch marks across their bellys?
i think it is wrong to see super skinny girls all the time. it just isnt realistic and goes a long way towards giving people massive eating disorders. nto to mention a massive bad complex about what they look like. i think most of us who are sensible realise that isnt real life though.
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 27, 2008 @ 13:02:05
Too often the media present completely unnatural images of women. Perma-tanned, perfect-featured, dolls that bear very little resemblance to the average woman. It's enough to make most of us feel that we are too short, too tall, too fat, and out-of porportion. If we let it. I say DON'T let it. We're all different shapes and sizes and that's natural, much healthier than thinking we've got to conform to some idealised image in a magazine or on the television. I think wynston's summed up the way a lot of men feel! Personally I think diversity is fine, use what we've got.
wynston On March 21, 2014

Swansea, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 27, 2008 @ 13:03:58
No I'd rather open up a magazine and see a real photo of a girl who has worked on her figure tho! Super skinny just isnt sexy at all!!

My ex used to go on about being skinny, skinny, skinny but she had a curvy a** and boobies.. What man would prefer a flat a** and bee stings...

disclaimer: I was talking in comparison, if you have a flat a** and bee stings I still love you very much!! Phew!!
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 27, 2008 @ 13:39:47
that and women who have atleast 2 inches of make up on all the time wtf are you a human or a f***ing painting
little1 On July 17, 2011

London Town, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 27, 2008 @ 13:48:08
I have a problem with all skinny women being sterotyped as bad role models and 'they must have an eating dissorder.'

Yes some of them do have dissorders and they are bad role models however there are also those women who are thin who don't. I'm one of them. I was teased and tormented all through school for being skinny. I was called Annarexic, bulimic and all sorts of horrible things.

I think that all women regarless of size and shape have the right to be loved, photographed and respected. I'm a US size 2-4 and there is nothing wrong with me and my health. I can't help how I'm built and I shouldn't be made to feel like there's something wrong with me just because the adverage woman is bigger than me.

Personaly I think some of these models shouldn't be allowed to work as they're clearly not well but the ones who are just built that way - go for gold and be proud of what your mama gave you!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs