The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Question to those that believe theres a God.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>
neverending On April 26, 2010

Deleted

#2New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 02:45:52
Anyone???!!!
backseatcynic On January 19, 2010

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#3New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 02:51:17
You know, I don't worry about it. It's enough for me that when I leave this earth I won't suffer anymore because I'll be with God. He's got some kind of plan for us. I don't pretend to know what it is. He's God, so how could I ever know? But I feel your pain, I really do. My threads of late have been addressing these very things. Even as a Christian though I am a fatalist. I don't mope about all day, but at the same time I don't think humanity can save itself. I haven't loved in over a decade, I don't vote, and quite honestly with no exception I've learned if there's one thing you can count on it's that you can't count on anybody.
But like I said, I don't worry about it. I know God loves me, I love him, and Heaven means no more hurt. That's enough for me.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 02:54:41
because he loves us...tough love I guess.

(yes... I am being sarcastic)

Deleted

#5New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 02:57:13
i'm not religious but i'd really like to find the answer wherever possible. its not fair that all these things happen.im getting really fed up with it. i was just hoping, i dont know, hoping there was a reason other than that i already know.
mixieloca On September 13, 2020

queens,
#6New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 02:59:33
i believe God is all Powerful! Itz because Sin entered the world, why there's death,suffering, war, famines,bad things!Before the Fall of Adam, the Earth used to be paradise. Adam and Eve enjoyed a close, loving relationship with God.They even used to walk around naked.There was no evil at that time.Sin entered the world, as well as the free will to choose.People choose evil/wrong actions as opposed to good ones! There entered Death,and suffering! There's a verse that states, the soul that sinneth shall surely die! All the Bad is a result of sin/evil in the world!

queens,
#7New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 03:01:28
I don't blame God for evil.I blame people. Wars aren't as a result Of God!Wars are usually the direct result of man's greed, selfishness, and lust for power, which leads them to enslave,invade and attack other countries!

Deleted

#8New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 03:02:27
see i understand the free will to choose and that some people chose to do bad things but so why doesnt God smite them or whatever?! is smite the right word? sorry if its not. but if there is a god why doesnt he punish these poeple?
fawn On September 12, 2008

Deleted

In The Wilderness!, Canada
#9New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 03:04:08
@mixieloca Said
i believe God is all Powerful! Itz because Sin entered the world, why there's death,suffering, war, famines,bad things!Before the Fall of Adam, the Earth used to be paradise. Adam and Eve enjoyed a close, loving relationship with God.They even used to walk around naked.There was no evil at that time.Sin entered the world, as well as the free will to choose.People choose evil/wrong actions as opposed to good ones! There entered Death,and suffering! There's a verse that states, the soul that sinneth shall surely die! All the Bad is a result of sin/evil in the world!

Agreed! But that will come to an abrupt halt when God says enough and Christ comes and gathers his people and God will destroy all evil and sin forever. But, in his time, not ours. Till then things are going as they are supposed to.

And another thing people are really overlooking is Satan! He is the Father of Evil and Lies. God is giving him his time here for awhile but will throw him away at God's appointed time. Then every one will know every thing and question nothing.

queens,
#10New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 03:07:47
@neverending Said
see i understand the free will to choose and that some people chose to do bad things but so why doesnt God smite them or whatever?! is smite the right word? sorry if its not. but if there is a god why doesnt he punish these poeple?

Thatz just the thing!God does promise punishment for these people.If not here, then in Eternity in a place called Hell (lake of fire and sulfur,burning brimstone,darknesss, being away from God's love,light and presence forever, forever burning in that fire. There are times when God does smite/punish these people.Some murderers get caught and go to jail and lose their freedom for life. Some people are so tormented by the evil actions they've done, they commit Suicide!And then some are so jaded they never learn!

Deleted

#11New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 03:12:25
i just wish these people could all be punished before they do too much damage. sometimes i wish i was religious so then i'd have something to believe in.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#12New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 03:14:34
@neverending Said

Hmm, would you like to live in a universe where an all knowing, all powerful god smote you every time you did something that hurt someone else? Every time you drove your car (pollution), eat too much (taking food that could feed others), eat meat (major source of greenhouse gas), got angry and yelled at someone etc etc etc. god could very legitimately smite you, because your actions are harmful to others.

I know that this is not a satisfactory explanation, but it works. God either has to punish everything, or, be somewhat arbitrary, or, create a big set of laws like the ones found in the Old Testament, where God says, if you do this, I will smite you in this way.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#13New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 03:15:50
@neverending Said

Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Proverbs 23:17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

God sees the truth but waits. He'll give everyone a chance:

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Deleted

#14New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 03:16:21
@bob_the_fisherman Said
Hmm, would you like to live in a universe where an all knowing, all powerful god smote you every time you did something that hurt someone else? Every time you drove your car (pollution), eat too much (taking food that could feed others), eat meat (major source of greenhouse gas), got angry and yelled at someone etc etc etc. god could very legitimately smite you, because your actions are harmful to others.

I know that this is not a satisfactory explanation, but it works. God either has to punish everything, or, be somewhat arbitrary, or, create a big set of laws like the ones found in the Old Testament, where God says, if you do this, I will smite you in this way.

i understand, im just, well i dont know what i am anymore. but thanks for your replies.

Deleted

#15New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 03:17:30
@hiimdan Said
Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Proverbs 23:17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

God sees the truth but waits. He'll give everyone a chance:

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

thank you, not sure i understand it all but thank you, x
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs