Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

How we can lower gas prices

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#1New Post! Mar 14, 2008 @ 00:55:40
This is something they're passing around at work and I thought I might help out by posting it. I don't know if it would really work but I do believe ANYTHING can work with unity;

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.98 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!

....and it goes on to say to pass it around like a chain letter. So waddaya guys think?
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#2New Post! Mar 14, 2008 @ 01:06:00
I honestly would like the gas prices to come down. it's currently and $3.32 where I live. but honestly don't think this idea will actually work.. could it? maybe but.. society will not actually stick to this.. I get my gasoline from My base where it is way cheaper than anywhere out in the city. and even with this. our towns gas prices continue to rise.
bfelosi On January 09, 2013

Benham, Kentucky
#3New Post! Mar 14, 2008 @ 01:20:15
I think this is at least worth a try!
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#4New Post! Mar 14, 2008 @ 01:26:55
This is way out there but someone I know said that ALL driver's should stop using gas for a week and we'll soon see the prices drop I think too many loopholes in that how would people get to work, ah! but if people didn't show up for work because of the gas, then the business's would get more involved because it would be affecting productivity Hmmmmmmmmmm
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#5New Post! Mar 14, 2008 @ 01:28:04
@bfelosi Said
I think this is at least worth a try!

It would be if people would actually follow the idea.. I mean I never buy from those big companies. you would think that most military bases would have fueling station with their gas provided by them but no! not even our own military buys from them. I encourage people to go out and stop buying from these companies. Especially when there's always better deals by other gas companies.. but still people won't budge and even though it is worth a try.. hardly anyone will actually try it.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#6New Post! Mar 14, 2008 @ 02:44:43
Not this again.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#7New Post! Mar 16, 2008 @ 16:12:59
@raditz8526 Said
Not this again.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

This is not boycotting gas on a specific day, if you read the whole thing that is not what this is about. A real boycott is stopping altogether, and the boycott is on the leaders on the industry. But the main thing is participation. We the people can do whatever we want, this is still a democracy is it not? I post this for all the people who are ready to take matters into their own hands and if not lower the prices, atleast show the world we are not going to take this lying down.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#8New Post! Mar 16, 2008 @ 17:24:23
@calonso Said
This is not boycotting gas on a specific day, if you read the whole thing that is not what this is about. A real boycott is stopping altogether, and the boycott is on the leaders on the industry. But the main thing is participation. We the people can do whatever we want, this is still a democracy is it not? I post this for all the people who are ready to take matters into their own hands and if not lower the prices, atleast show the world we are not going to take this lying down.

Something more like this?

https://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

Still wouldn't work. Boycotting a single brand, or two, wouldn't have too much of an impact. We would have to decrease our consumption overall to lower the price. I'll hold my breath for that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs