The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Business & Money

Price gouging gas companies! Have ya'll had enough yet?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
greatlicks On December 01, 2005

austin, Texas
#1New Post! Oct 06, 2005 @ 01:15:03
What do ya'll think about the gas prices out there? From what I understand, The gas companies are makeing billions each week now off of the backs of the American people! In my humble opinion, We are being complacent about it with the attitude of "OH well We gotta have it in order to do what we gotta do to make a living?" Well my fellow forumites, I think I have a way to send a message to the gas companies that They wont be able to ignore! If you want to know what that message is, then respond to this topic with how you feel about why you think they are doing this to us, and at the end of the response type in TELL ME.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Oct 06, 2005 @ 01:16:53
Ride a bike everywhere??
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Oct 06, 2005 @ 01:17:35
America has the lowest gas prices in the world.

We're getting off easy.
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#4New Post! Oct 06, 2005 @ 01:17:56
that's no good! someone stole my bike
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#5New Post! Oct 06, 2005 @ 01:20:09
@jonnythan Said

We're getting off easy.

There are cheaper a few other places, but mostly subsidized by the government.
catatonic_chey On December 04, 2005

utica, Indiana
#6New Post! Oct 06, 2005 @ 01:23:57
Can't go on strike. Even though gas is barely affordable to some, some people can't afford not to buy it.
It's true... some people don't have time to even think about the prices. It's really sad how many businesses are going bankrupt around here. Businesses that have been around for thrity or more years.
Really it's not just the gas. Prices of everything have gone up. I don't know if many people have noticed.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Oct 06, 2005 @ 01:26:02
@catatonic_chey Said
Can't go on strike. Even though gas is barely affordable to some, some people can't afford not to buy it.
It's true... some people don't have time to even think about the prices. It's really sad how many businesses are going bankrupt around here. Businesses that have been around for thrity or more years.
Really it's not just the gas. Prices of everything have gone up. I don't know if many people have noticed.

This is to be expected.. every industry in this country is run by really obscene amounts of oil.

You would not BELIEVE the amount of oil it takes to raise a cow and put a steak on the table at your favorite restaraunt.
baker63 On March 29, 2007

Deleted

, United States (general)
#8New Post! Oct 06, 2005 @ 02:00:09
I don't like the idea of big oil making a killing. Makes me sick. However, from the position of the environmentalist, the only way we will change our lifestyles, farming methods, and force us to demand from our government that we want vehicles with better gas mileage is only going to happen when gas becomes more expensive. We should do this before, but our society as a whole will not change unless forced to.
catt35 On June 05, 2012

, Illinois
#9New Post! Oct 09, 2005 @ 17:19:31
@jonnythan Said

We're getting off easy.

Oh ok...that's why almost everyone I know is stuck at home, going without food,etc. because they can't afford gas (which is $3 a gallon where we live). You call that easy?
catt35 On June 05, 2012

, Illinois
#10New Post! Oct 09, 2005 @ 17:21:27
@baker63 Said
I don't like the idea of big oil making a killing. Makes me sick. However, from the position of the environmentalist, the only way we will change our lifestyles, farming methods, and force us to demand from our government that we want vehicles with better gas mileage is only going to happen when gas becomes more expensive. We should do this before, but our society as a whole will not change unless forced to.

I want to do it, what should we do. I like to play follow the leader. JK, seriously though, what can we do?
larry246 On December 27, 2006

winder, Georgia
#11New Post! Dec 20, 2006 @ 01:06:44
I really don't think the gas prices are fair to any one except the big money....they make more we buy more fair pricing ............no i dont think so.... just a little overboard in my book..... it irritated me when the prices went up ... and now it keeps me angry.... they raise the prices on a whim ... if the wind changes direction up goes the prices if someone farts etc..etc...etc... wow it burns me up

winder, Georgia
#12New Post! Dec 20, 2006 @ 01:18:50
what happens when someone irritates them first thing in the morning ... up go the prices.... who pays the price... us but there is not much i can do about it except buy cheaper and cheaper fuel pretty soon i will be running my cars and trucks on water since all the fuels are nearly that now .... hi price for low price fuel ....
i mean i met a guy in commerce ,ga ....who bought fuel and it made his car quit....who paid the repair bill well.....
he did....1,500 and the paperwork.... he had all his receipts where he bought the fuel and the damage it caused was by watery fuel...MIND YOU THIS WAS ON THE REPAIR BILL>>>>so you cant tell me that paying a higher price for fuel helps forced to pay it because he needed to get to work.... it aint right so i no longer use that place for fuel...

winder, Georgia
#13New Post! Dec 20, 2006 @ 01:26:20
love the photo catt35 8) 8) super hot
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs