Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Law

Internet Incitement to Crime

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
claire1234 On March 07, 2008

Bristol, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 07, 2008 @ 13:23:46
I am conducting an independent research study into 'How far and to what extent is the internet used as a platform to incite criminal behaviour?'. Could people let me know there views and opinions on this please in general and in relation to the following questions...

Any response will be great!

- Do you think the government need to introduce measures to police the content of the internet that could be seen to incite criminal behaviour?

-Do you think the internet is just being used as a scapegoat for societys problems?

Thanks.
wynston On March 21, 2014

Swansea, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 07, 2008 @ 14:02:10
Hey,

I believe all crime has a cause and effect, the Internet does give a potential criminal a lot of resources and access to many extremist literature.. But it takes a broken easily led mind to fall for any of it, and you could prob say that if it's in them to do it they'll do it someday all they need is the trigger.. If it was the case the internet is to blame then songs and films and books and talking to other people should be to blame to. My opinion is people will be people and the internet is not to blame, the people are!
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#3New Post! Mar 07, 2008 @ 14:18:59
Mmm.. interesting debate. does the internet bring incitment to crime or is the internet a perfect platform to crime... Or how i see it.. your behiend closed doors, hell i may get away with a bit of crime..??

The internet is a breeding ground for crime IMO. but this is what happens when you give the human race freedom the like of the internet.

however teh government should not be allowed to police the the internet, but there should be varrying levels of crime and punishments handed out to people.. hardcore pirates should be distanced from people using lime wire. for instance.

The issue with society in my opinion is money it doesnt matter where it is the internet of otherwise. Before the internet i used to get phone calls and junk mail. now i get phone calls junk mail and spam.. Also the media is more paranoid because of the internet. But life is much more easier, access to information in seconds rather than days. The internet is equally useful as it is equal bad. IMO.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs