Abortion

Realism

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#1New Post! Jan 21, 2008 @ 06:29:26
Everybody for abortion in right... for the wrong reasons. I agree a woman has a right to choose but shouldn't we be thinking more realisticly? If an unwanted baby is born, there is a slim chance that baby will grow up and improve the world. Maybe one in a million births could change the world for the better, but what about the other 999,999? They will grow up to be consumers that would bring no change to the world. So why should we overpopulate the earth with users that contribute nothing to the world?
tokuku On December 13, 2009

Auckland, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jan 21, 2008 @ 06:31:49
this is a taboo topic...there is no clear winner
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#3New Post! Jan 21, 2008 @ 07:42:27
I agree. People are too stubborn to change or admit somebody else is right.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 21, 2008 @ 12:52:48
@asme251 Said
I agree. People are too stubborn to change or admit somebody else is right.

People are as stubborn to change their views on this subject as you are I think.

Its wasted energy trying to fight.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#6New Post! Jan 21, 2008 @ 20:13:04
@treacle Said
People are as stubborn to change their views on this subject as you are I think.

Its wasted energy trying to fight.

Not really. First I was pro-life. Then I looked at pro-choice and decided they might have the right idea, but their only argument was the right to choose. So I looked at the situation realisticly and decieded to be pro-choice until Global Warming, overpopulation, water shortage, and many other problems that await the future generations are resolved, which won't be in my lifetime. I agree with you. Why waste energy trying to fight when no one will listen? Why preach to millions if they won't change? Pro-choicers will always be for abortion and Pro-lifers will always be against abortion. No one is willing to change to save the world. Therefore, the world is screwed.
exodia22 On May 05, 2008

, Washington
#7New Post! Mar 25, 2008 @ 13:47:24
there is no difference between pro-life and pro-choice
pro-life people are just making the right decision's
for pro-choicer's
nodisharmony On September 29, 2008

chorley, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Mar 25, 2008 @ 21:55:31
@exodia22 Said
there is no difference between pro-life and pro-choice
pro-life people are just making the right decision's
for pro-choicer's

Pro-pathetic, if you ask me

If a mother wishes to abort her child, then let it happen. Catholics would argue otherwise, but history has taught us NOT to listen to fixed minds which cloud judgements from realists
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#9New Post! Mar 26, 2008 @ 01:42:19
@shadyfx8 Said
i think addoption is worse than death, addoption shoud be last resort, peopelsay get an addoption but would they realy do that?

people forget that everybody has the right to death as well as life

kids adopted at birth identify with their adopted parents just the same...

heres another situation:
my cousin adopted a kid... would have grown up with a druggie mother or never been alive...
adopted by a true suburban soccer mom type family... great supportive people who love her... shes native american so clearly understands that their not her genetic family... doesnt bother her in the slightest...
and a high school friend went the adoption route... gets photos and letters from the family... kid's doing great... but hes only 3, so that probably doesnt say as much... hes happy though

and i agree with all of who said that this will never come to a solid right/wrong conclusion... its good to discuss and argue though... we just cant be arguing for the sake of forcing beliefs on others... its just for the sake of the debate...
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#13New Post! Mar 27, 2008 @ 18:43:24
But not many.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#15New Post! Jun 22, 2008 @ 03:42:58
You know, its funny how pro-lifer conservatives assert that they care for the baby's life and they would not want to see it aborted while they ignore the living ones that actually need help. They do care about the baby...until its born. Then if s/he is born in a poor family, they deny the baby any governmental benefints on the basis that the family should try to support the baby themselves and that they shouldn't have had a baby in the first place. yeah, funny.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs