The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Americans! people who love to hate them...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#61New Post! Jan 17, 2008 @ 20:47:15
@treebee Said
I generally find americans are the same as me except they talk funny, apart from that ummm they have the same colour poo and everything.

Same colour of poo, well! I didn't see that coming
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Jan 17, 2008 @ 20:51:12
@treetopflyer Said
Same colour of poo, well! I didn't see that coming

never trust anything with a different colour poo! Im sorry i totally lowered the tone
colonelbleep On December 15, 2015

, North Carolina
#63New Post! Jan 17, 2008 @ 20:53:03
@pete Said
i haven't met them all to have an accurate judgment on them all

They're all like me yep, we're doomed
johnnyposter On July 03, 2011

my box behind Arbys, Ohio
#64New Post! Jan 17, 2008 @ 20:53:22
@johnnyposter Said
I once drank an entire vail of blue food coloring and i pooped blue for two days

Does blue count? Maybe ill go green today
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#65New Post! Jan 17, 2008 @ 20:54:46
@treebee Said
I generally find americans are the same as me except they talk funny, apart from that ummm they have the same colour poo and everything.

The only difference is ours doesn't stink.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#66New Post! Jan 17, 2008 @ 20:58:09
@raditz8526 Said
The only difference is ours doesn't stink.

hell yes it does!! I know these things. Anyways i do love my friends across the pond. I know a handful of brits who harp on about the USA in a less than friendly way but thats pure snobbery which the UK is probably well known for worldwide.
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Jan 18, 2008 @ 09:01:49
@treetopflyer Said
UN peacekeeper what an oxymoron.

the presidents search for weapons of mass destruction nothing in that statement is correct
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#68New Post! Jan 18, 2008 @ 13:09:20
We know that S.H. had them and used them. Intel from a number of countries said he still had them or could make them. He had used chemical WMD on Iran and his own people. The UN tells us that S.H. moved his WMD to Syria.

So, the question must be asked who do we believe S.H. are the intel. Given those two choice the answer is clear.

Contrary to reports by the mainstream media outlets,WMDs have been found in Iraq, so eports NY Times best-selling author Richard Miniter in his book, Disinformation. The following is only a partial list of deadly weapons Minter reveals:

*Found: 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium
*Found: 1,500 gallons of chemical weapons
*Found: Roadside bomb loaded with sarin gas
*Found: 1,000 radioactive material--ideal for radioactive dirty bombs
*Found: 17 chemical warheads--some containing cyclosarin, a nerve agent five times more powerful than sarin

So, for those among us who continue to say WMD have not been found in Iraq might need to rethink this position. No matter how hard some have tried President Bush has not been found to have lied. He is just guilty, as are members of congress, of relying on poor intelligence from an agency that was a holdover from the previous administration
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#69New Post! Jan 18, 2008 @ 13:30:58
get outta here
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#70New Post! Jan 18, 2008 @ 15:20:16
I don't hate anyone, but I do dislike some people. However, I would not dislike an entire collection of 52 nation-states, since that would be prejudiced in the extreme.

There are some things about certain people in America that are truly awful, such as Christian fundamentalism, blind patriots, political inadequacy - and the ultimate combination of the three, Mike Huckabee. But there are many positive aspects about America. It is a country that leads the world in scientific research, where people generally have a great quality of life and a passion for democracy.

The problem is, the media makes money from scapegoats. Whether these scapegoats are politicians, paedophiles, foreigners in general or just Americans, it sells newspapers. The US is not blameless when it come to things like nuclear weapons proliferation, CO2 emissions and poorly-coordinated military campaigns, but then again neither is virtually any other country in the western world.
henry_ireton On May 27, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#71New Post! Jan 18, 2008 @ 16:33:32
It's not really a hatred but the whole USA NUMBER 1!!!!!!!
thing gets pretty grating. Especially when the person doing it doesn't actually seem to have contributed to the greatness or has a bloody minded determination that whatever the USA NUMBER 1!!!!!!! does is absolutely the best thing to do. For example -

If the dollars weak then that's the absolute best thing in the world and any countries that aren't doing the same are idiots.

If the dollars strong that's the absolute best thing in the world and any countries that aren't doing the same are idiots.

If the dollars average that's the absolute best thing in the world and any countries that aren't doing the same are idiots.

Edited to add the ability to only get sarcasm is you add the word NOT!!!!! at the end of the sentance. But that seems increasingly the case in the rest of the world so I might be geting tetchy in my old age and only just started to notice it.
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#72New Post! Jan 18, 2008 @ 20:15:27
Well this has been interesting so far. But I have to say there will be people you like people you don't regardless of what country you come from.

I had to laugh at the Texas post.. I've been living down here for 10 years they are a differnt breed down here but once you get use to them there not so bad.
Charles On November 16, 2010

, Christmas Island
#73New Post! Jan 18, 2008 @ 20:20:34
Al Murray with his God Bless America routine

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXl_TyM6aI
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#74New Post! Jan 18, 2008 @ 20:22:25
@becky_pepper Said
To be perfectly honest the only downside I find about AMerica is George Bush, Obviously I havn't met him and i'm sure he's a real nice guy if you were to get to know him, though seeing as I live in Scotland I hear all from the news.

All I have heard from him has been from bad to worse. the obvious things that sticks out in mind is the war on Iraq, he says it's for weapons, when everyone here really believes it to be for oil.

I have nothing against american people in the slightest, they're the most down to earth people you could ever wish to meet. I've spent two weeks in America and that was enough for me to realise that the people there aren't as uptight/pompous as they're made out to be in sitcoms/TV shows etc.

I know my partner dislikes Texans and Red neck stereotypes, because (as he puts it) they bug the hell out of him. But I've met a couple of Texans before now and, ok they're very taklitive but at least they made you feel welcome. As for the red neck stereotypes I'm unsure on what he means by that.

Not all brit#s hate americans, but you have to admit that the tv shows and the press don't exactly paint a good picture on you all. That and the fact that you have the idiotic singers (brittany spears/Lindsay Lohan etc etc) who you see as being complete nutcases....

none of this is good press. Though I guess that the people who really hate America/americans are the people who've never really visited the place and insist on relying upon the media to give them all the information they want.

When I grew up Redneck used to mean kinda back woods, my family was rednecks, have you ever listened to Jeff Foxworthy? He give great examples of rednecks. He uses stario types and they are so funny cause for the most part true. but now days its becoming something else. I see kids changing the whole redneck thing to a style. and its and ugly one. it has become something of racism. It makes me sad to call myself a redneck now days.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs