Health & Fitness

What's Your Body Type?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dragonpoet On September 08, 2016

putnam, Connecticut
#1New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 16:57:38
What's Your Body Type?

Everyone naturally has a body type or shape -- Hourglass, Spoon, Ruler or Cone. To achieve a leaner, more toned and better proportioned body, you must recognize what you were born with and adjust your exercise plan accordingly.

Take this quick quiz based on the book Escape Your Shape (Fireside, 2001), and find out how a body-type-focused workout can change your figure -- fast.

quick quiz

My results were:

You Are a Ruler

Rulers are fortunate in the sense that if they're not overweight, they do not have to work out as often as the other body types. Losing weight or mass requires frequent exercise; changing your shape does not. The typical Ruler needs to work out no more than three days per week to change her body. But she needs to exercise intensely, really taxing the muscles. Because the Ruler's workout is typically more anaerobic than aerobic, more rest is required between these intense workouts. Rulers make the best joggers and long-distance runners because of the way their mass is distributed over their frames. They simply put less stress on their joints. They also excel in any movements or sports that require long and sustained aerobic actions. Have you ever seen a world-class Cone, Spoon or Hourglass long-distance runner or swimmer? Of course not, and now you know why. On the other hand, because it is more difficult for Rulers to build mass, you don't see professional Ruler bodybuilders. Often, because of their poor hamstring flexibility and weak lower abs, Rulers experience lower back pain. As they age, their bones and joints are more susceptible to osteoporosis and bone fractures than other body types. Because Rulers need to work extra hard to build muscle mass, it's vital that they do not allow that muscle mass to fade. In fact, Rulers generally have no problem losing mass throughout their upper and lower bodies (unlike Hourglasses, who need to work hard at it).
gideon1451 On July 20, 2020

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:13:07
@dragonpoet Said

My results were:

You Are a Ruler

Rulers are fortunate in the sense that if they're not overweight, they do not have to work out as often as the other body types. Losing weight or mass requires frequent exercise; changing your shape does not. The typical Ruler needs to work out no more than three days per week to change her body. But she needs to exercise intensely, really taxing the muscles. Because the Ruler's workout is typically more anaerobic than aerobic, more rest is required between these intense workouts. Rulers make the best joggers and long-distance runners because of the way their mass is distributed over their frames. They simply put less stress on their joints. They also excel in any movements or sports that require long and sustained aerobic actions. Have you ever seen a world-class Cone, Spoon or Hourglass long-distance runner or swimmer? Of course not, and now you know why. On the other hand, because it is more difficult for Rulers to build mass, you don't see professional Ruler bodybuilders. Often, because of their poor hamstring flexibility and weak lower abs, Rulers experience lower back pain. As they age, their bones and joints are more susceptible to osteoporosis and bone fractures than other body types. Because Rulers need to work extra hard to build muscle mass, it's vital that they do not allow that muscle mass to fade. In fact, Rulers generally have no problem losing mass throughout their upper and lower bodies (unlike Hourglasses, who need to work hard at it).

Mines the same.
hotgirlinfl On May 20, 2008

Deleted

, Florida
#3New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:17:36
this needs to go under quizzes
hotgirlinfl On May 20, 2008

Deleted

, Florida
#4New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:20:29
You Are a Spoon
Spoons typically have sleek upper bodies and have the best-looking arms of any of the body types. But, because their upper bodies are considerably weaker and smaller in girth than other body types, they're at greater risk for osteoporosis there too. The flip side is that most Spoons, because of their muscle mass and weight below, are less likely to develop osteoporosis in their hips and lower limbs. Spoons typically have excellent flexibility and are good with sports or movements that require lower-body strength and coordination. Ballet dancers, tap dancers and ballroom dancers are good examples of in-shape Spoons. They also typically shy away from sports that require upper-body strength because of their weaker upper bodies.

Read more about your Spoon shape and discover which specific exercises will make your body look its best.

putnam, Connecticut
#5New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:21:32
@hotgirlinfl Said
this needs to go under quizzes

Sorry if placed in the wrong place, just found it under health...it is geared toward health and excerise....Again sorry if in incorrect place1
queenofhearts On December 16, 2009

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:25:50
Hourglasses are fortunate because they typically have strong bones and good muscle tone and are less susceptible to osteoporosis than other body types. As a group, senior Hourglasses have fewer fractures resulting from falls; they are built for high-contact and impact sports that require power, strength and speed. Also, sports or movements that require both upper- and lower-body strength are easier for Hourglasses than for other body types. For very slim Hourglasses, jogging or running can be enjoyable, but for most, it is uncomfortable. They also tend to have good (sometimes excellent) flexibility throughout their entire body and generally do not have back problems because their abdominals are naturally strong. They have tapered legs and small ankles, though their calves may be muscular. Their problem areas tend to be the backs of the upper arms, the inner and outer thighs and the saddlebag region (just below the hips on the outside of the upper thigh). Some Hourglasses tend to put on weight around the lower portion of their abdominal region, which tends to add to their hip measurement. Most Hourglasses put on weight easily in both upper and lower regions and must be very careful not to add weights or resistance to their workouts.
Read more about your Hourglass shape and discover which specific exercises will make your body look its best.

Discover which celebrities are shaped like you!
chuckie On February 13, 2010

NoWhereVille,
#7New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:28:32
@dragonpoet Said
What's Your Body Type?

Everyone naturally has a body type or shape -- Hourglass, Spoon, Ruler or Cone. To achieve a leaner, more toned and better proportioned body, you must recognize what you were born with and adjust your exercise plan accordingly.

Take this quick quiz based on the book Escape Your Shape (Fireside, 2001), and find out how a body-type-focused workout can change your figure -- fast.

quick quiz

My results were:

You Are a Ruler

same here... glad to see i'm not the only one like this. infact i am constantly trying to gain a lil weight.

NoWhereVille,
#8New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:29:57
hi dragonpoet... i've been reading ur story, but got a lil sidetrack too...going to read more later tonite. i like it so far

NoWhereVille,
#9New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:31:20
hello queen... u have the hour glass shape like marilyn monroe - or is it may west i'm thinking of - didn't both have that bod shape?

putnam, Connecticut
#10New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:32:04
@chuckie Said
same here... glad to see i'm not the only one like this. infact i am constantly trying to gain a lil weight.

Guess we share the same body type.....I am not usually trying to gain more like maitain it, for some odd reason I can lose weight fairly easy, of cousre it probably doesn't help that I have a hard time keeping myself on a healthy diet where I at least eat one meal a day...but anyways....Hope all is well!

putnam, Connecticut
#11New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:32:52
@chuckie Said
hi dragonpoet... i've been reading ur story, but got a lil sidetrack too...going to read more later tonite. i like it so far

Glad you like it so far...Let me know what you think of it when you are finished!
queenofhearts On December 16, 2009

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:37:12
@chuckie Said
hello queen... u have the hour glass shape like marilyn monroe - or is it may west i'm thinking of - didn't both have that bod shape?

Chuckie

I think it was Marilyn Monroe not sure about West though I have to watch everything i eat though
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#13New Post! Jan 05, 2008 @ 17:49:01
deceased.
dizzyfairydust On October 08, 2009

Bristol, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jan 09, 2008 @ 20:52:45
I did the quiz and got ruler although it might not be accurate seeing as i'm 15 and my body is still growing :
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs