Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

split personalities..?*?*

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
horny_lil_devil On March 21, 2013

Wollongong, Australia
#1New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 07:34:55
I think I am mentally ill. some people say it is normal to talk to yourself, what is your opinion on this issue.
I frequently find myself talking to myself. I love it but the thing that makes me question my sanity is the fact that if I am home alone I can end up having a full conversation with myself... half the time about something that isn't even relevant.
I talk to myself about what I want to happen. I can just talk the scary thing is though I can answer myself from a different persons "perspective". like I can totally be talking to someone who isn't there and give an answer to myself as if I am someone else.

I think I have split personalities.

this is really embarrassing but I have this one that I frequently go back to where I am a triplet. and just sit there and talk to people and about people and arrgh I'm crazy. I swear I am.

does anyone know anything about split personalitites???
cyrus On February 18, 2008

Deleted

Arabsville, Egypt
#2New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 07:44:27
@horny_lil_devil Said
I think I am mentally ill. some people say it is normal to talk to yourself, what is your opinion on this issue.
I frequently find myself talking to myself. I love it but the thing that makes me question my sanity is the fact that if I am home alone I can end up having a full conversation with myself... half the time about something that isn't even relevant.
I talk to myself about what I want to happen. I can just talk the scary thing is though I can answer myself from a different persons "perspective". like I can totally be talking to someone who isn't there and give an answer to myself as if I am someone else.

this is really embarrassing but I have this one that I frequently go back to where I am a triplet. and just sit there and talk to people and about people and arrgh I'm crazy. I swear I am.

I've had a good chat to myself over this problem of yours, me and my self agree that it is slightly cuk-coo to have such a weird tendency to converse with your self. But really we don't think it's that harmful.
If your happy darling, w.t.f.!
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#3New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 07:49:10
Naw, i talk to myself all the time. I mean if you live by yourself, who else are you going to talk to. Doesn't mean you have different personalities.
angelstar529 On November 08, 2012

Hancock, Iowa
#4New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 07:49:33
I do believe that most often in split personality disorders, the person who has the disorder really doesnt know that they have it. The fact that you acknowledge that you talk to yourself makes me believe that you probably do not have a case of mental illness. Perhaps you are just overly creative when you are alone and have no one else to talk to. I used to talk to myself at work all the time...wait, i still do. Everyone talks to themselves at some point in time....otherwise we wouldnt know ourselves now would we? HA!

Like it was said, if it makes you happy, then awesome. If it is something that you can control, then you are in the clear....however, if it is something that you cannot control in anyway, you may wish to talk to a health professional about that!
siegerstar On July 17, 2009

Calgary, Canada
#5New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 08:15:00
I talk to myself all the time, I think talking to ourselves is just normal...
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#6New Post! Dec 21, 2007 @ 08:28:53
You may just be a very tactile learner.

You need things to be very "physical" to take them in. I doubt if there's anything
wrong with you
trust On November 02, 2008

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 23, 2007 @ 17:50:29
you could say i talk amongst myself i have DID

im sure its perfectly normal i know many people that do it..
slightlybent On April 28, 2008

, Tennessee
#8New Post! Dec 23, 2007 @ 17:54:01
Someone with split personality disorder is generally unaware of the other personallity.It is a mental thing where the dominating personality will push down the submissive personality,and that submissing personallity wont even realize what has happened.Some people don't even realize that their friends are different people mentally unless it is such a drastic change in the personality.
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#9New Post! Dec 23, 2007 @ 17:59:21
Man if you were stranded on a deserted island you would be alright. But seriously, there is nothing to be embarrassed about because everybody does this. But the moment you start questioning your own sanity is when you start the path of mental illness. Don't speak a disorder into existence and don't fix something that ain't broken. You do this for a very good reason (whatever it could be) But I do have a suggestion. If you talk to yourself so much than why not speak to God that way? Then when you get an answer back, you're more than likely to get something good. I used to talk (not pray) to God that way when I was a kid. I've lost it growing up but I do want it back, we used to have some good talks.
gaelicheart On December 10, 2008

KANSAS CITY,
#10New Post! Dec 23, 2007 @ 18:03:11
I talk to myself all the time,and I even answer myself!! I think it is a good way to process thoughts and ideas. Sometimes i will even write it down..So, Dont Worry, I think you are just fine.
If you quit talking to others and only talk to yourself, maybe then it will be a problem...
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#11New Post! Dec 23, 2007 @ 18:03:12
You are just thinking out loud. Nothing to worry about. Huh? What did you say?
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#12New Post! Dec 23, 2007 @ 18:07:39
@horny_lil_devil Said

heck, leave yourself alone just don't answer yourself out loud !

Orlando, Florida
#13New Post! Dec 29, 2007 @ 02:00:54
here try this, when you have some time to yourself and you're all alone write a story, however long you'd like, probably a thriller about split personalities. Just write and don't stop till you've finished, then, at the end go back and look at you're hand writing. If you have different hand writings to where it looks like more than one person wrote it, that could be an indication.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#14New Post! Dec 29, 2007 @ 02:04:35
@calonso Said
here try this, when you have some time to yourself and you're all alone write a story, however long you'd like, probably a thriller about split personalities. Just write and don't stop till you've finished, then, at the end go back and look at you're hand writing. If you have different hand writings to where it looks like more than one person wrote it, that could be an indication.

Along with the thought pattern!

Orlando, Florida
#15New Post! Dec 29, 2007 @ 02:07:07
Quote:
Along with the thought pattern!

Especially that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs