Business & Money

Services..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! Oct 01, 2007 @ 12:42:18
I understand that people have to make money, but why is it that Public services have to turn into money making ideas.. and screw over the little people all the time...

Bank charges illegal charge for a fault, 9/10 the banks fault.. ..
Increase in petrol price, gov says its to help the enviroment but im sure that ..
Speed trap cameras, is safety in mind, if so why are they positioned on a stretch of road with no schools, or people around..
The list goes on..

What is going on with services?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 01, 2007 @ 12:46:21
cuz we are living in a material world...

privatisation = profitmaking

thank Thatcher for selling off every single service the public had any say in. Now they are all PLC's we dont get any say whatsoever. Its a world of short-term contracts, undercutting and back handers.
innit!

#3New Post! Oct 01, 2007 @ 12:49:20
@treebee Said
cuz we are living in a material world...

privatisation = profitmaking

thank Thatcher for selling off every single service the public had any say in. Now they are all PLC's we dont get any say whatsoever. Its a world of short-term contracts, undercutting and back handers.

Damn right... short term thinking is what causing 99% of the problems in the is country.. man if only there was some kind of superman that can stop this s***..
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Oct 01, 2007 @ 12:57:28
the way i see it as corrupt as politics is, i'd rather have an official i voted for and have the ability to not vote for again making decisions about public interest rather than the ceo of a company that i have no power over at all.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 01, 2007 @ 14:18:27
@alexkidd Said
the way i see it as corrupt as politics is, i'd rather have an official i voted for and have the ability to not vote for again making decisions about public interest rather than the ceo of a company that i have no power over at all.

I had to read that 3 times but i got you in the end

In some ways it worked and in some ways it went horribly wrong. It was an age of enterprise where people could start thier own business easier they could buy thier home easier. Unfortunately it cost most of us all dearly in the end IMO. Gone are the days where you could deal with most of your environmental problems with one phone number, the local council. The post office selling off was a terrible mistake. We were in a conservative government and my god they made some changes, blue collar workers buying shares was never heard of before. Unfortunately they lost out and the rich got bloody richer.
innit!

#6New Post! Oct 01, 2007 @ 14:24:03
@treebee Said
I had to read that 3 times but i got you in the end

In some ways it worked and in some ways it went horribly wrong. It was an age of enterprise where people could start thier own business easier they could buy thier home easier. Unfortunately it cost most of us all dearly in the end IMO. Gone are the days where you could deal with most of your environmental problems with one phone number, the local council. The post office selling off was a terrible mistake. We were in a conservative government and my god they made some changes, blue collar workers buying shares was never heard of before. Unfortunately they lost out and the rich got bloody richer.

That was a golden age... you know its taken me all month to sort out my TV licence. all i want to do is change address. but i cant even get to speak toa person.. just some machine.. and they never mail you the change.. so how do they know you have a licence?? they couldnt put one and one together when i bought a TV from comet the other day.. they sent me a licence reminder.. but i changed the address.. funk in hell... can i speak to a person.. even if its in frigging india..

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs