Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
localisedgirl On October 03, 2007

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#61New Post! Sep 15, 2005 @ 17:27:34
@unspokenwords Said
True ..but they are trying to stop one problem..maybe in the future they will be able to stop fumes from cars or factories..but as of right now that is how technology is..if you want to get to places your gunna polluate the air unless you walk..but they are trying to control smoke polluate..it's just consideration for publice areas...noone wants to smell like smoke and have watery eyes..and get second hand smoke..especially a place were families go and little kids..if smoking should be allowed it should be only in bars and let the owner decide if he wants smoking or not..by that age noone is influenced and your hanging out drinking and you want to smoke..

i agree restaurants should be non smoking, but most pubs dont allow kids anyway, certainly not after 9pm, and imo the parents shouldnt take their kids in the part where theres lots of smoke.
"noone wants to smell like smoke and have watery eyes..and get second hand smoke..especially a place were families go and little kids" -- car pollution is far more harmful than cigarette smoke, so imo its more harmful but everyone seems to be happy with cars as ppl would rather drive than walk and not care about the fumes, yet they moan so much about cigarettes?
im a smoker, but i do consider non-smokers, i wont smoke in ppl's houses if they dont smoke. But i hate ppl who bang on about smoking and how its selfish and inconsiderate but happily rev their cars.

"
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#62New Post! Sep 15, 2005 @ 17:38:38
ok..so your saying people should walk to work that are miles away? can't take public trasporttation in that case also because that is also polluting the air..if people had another way to get around as easily they would..I could care less if it's gas getting me place to place or if it's not..until they update technology to get places without polluting the air what ya want us too do? yes parents shouldnt take there kids where there is a lot of smoking? but what if it's bowling for instinece...what they shouldn't be able to go bowling because a lot of people like to smoke there? or say bingo..to bring their kids...I say you either have totally seperate rooms so both parties are happy..or you just ban it in public places exception for places that are owned ..such as bars..

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#63New Post! Sep 15, 2005 @ 18:06:08
@unspokenwords Said
ok..so your saying people should walk to work that are miles away? can't take public trasporttation in that case also because that is also polluting the air..if people had another way to get around as easily they would..I could care less if it's gas getting me place to place or if it's not..until they update technology to get places without polluting the air what ya want us too do? yes parents shouldnt take there kids where there is a lot of smoking? but what if it's bowling for instinece...what they shouldn't be able to go bowling because a lot of people like to smoke there? or say bingo..to bring their kids...I say you either have totally seperate rooms so both parties are happy..or you just ban it in public places exception for places that are owned ..such as bars..

well where i am there is no smoking in a bowling alley
and god almighty what did ppl do to get about before cars were invented, i dread to think how they coped?
also, for a bus, if every1 took a bus, that held 60 passengers, that would be 60 less cars polluting the air!!
its just unbelievable that your quite happy to inhale toxic car fumes yet moan the odds about a flipping cigarette!
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#64New Post! Sep 15, 2005 @ 18:20:58
well I am not complaining about where I live, smoking is banned in public areas here..I think we were the first places..I'm just saying that it's better too cut down on a problem you can solve right now..you may disagree..im not trying to get your approval on my opinion..and I don't choose to inhale car fumes..walking outside you are inhaling crap in your lungs..think I choose that? noo! if It was up too me I would of course rather inhale fresh clean air.. but what can ya do when your atmosphere is that way?

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Sep 15, 2005 @ 18:56:52
@unspokenwords Said
well I am not complaining about where I live, smoking is banned in public areas here..I think we were the first places..I'm just saying that it's better too cut down on a problem you can solve right now..you may disagree..im not trying to get your approval on my opinion..and I don't choose to inhale car fumes..walking outside you are inhaling crap in your lungs..think I choose that? noo! if It was up too me I would of course rather inhale fresh clean air.. but what can ya do when your atmosphere is that way?

its just that everyone is expected to jump up and respect non-smokers when out in a pub or something, but no one respects ppl who do choose to smoke. they cant control teh smoke being in the air anymore than a car can, i know my point seems rather petty but to me its the same kind of thing. Its all about polluted air by people who smoke/drive etc. i just find it hard to understand why a non-smoker moans so much (im not saying u btw) about smoky air being inhaled yet are happy to use a car which pollutes air more!
When i go to a pub i would like the choice to light up a ciggy when i choose to, the same as a non-smoker would like to sit and not have smoke wafted over them, but why should we only cater for the non-smokers by banning the smokers form smoking in there?
i've said it before that a smoking section is pointless as the smoke still gets about, so i think a sectioned off area for both would be best suited, not just flush out the smokers
billybobkins On January 03, 2012

newcastle, United Kingdom
#66New Post! Sep 16, 2005 @ 18:20:15
i haven't really realised, car pollution until someone mentoned it on here the other day and today, a car started up right near me and my friends. and we got covered in the car exhaust, honestly it wasn't very nice. Also. im sure the car had something wrong with the exhaust..........but thats a whole different story lol.
man_in_kilt On December 05, 2006

Deleted

trapped in my mind, Tennessee
#67New Post! Sep 16, 2005 @ 18:23:54
For some reasons I say it should be banned.For others just having a seperate area for smokers should be allowed.Though with the exception of a full wall for the smoking areas.Not those half walls that most places have.Some people are allergic to cigarette smoke and it causes them asthma attacks among other things.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#68New Post! Sep 17, 2005 @ 07:32:27
@billybobkins Said
i haven't really realised, car pollution until someone mentoned it on here the other day and today, a car started up right near me and my friends. and we got covered in the car exhaust, honestly it wasn't very nice. Also. im sure the car had something wrong with the exhaust..........but thats a whole different story lol.

i only compare car fumes to smoking as to me its the same thing, polluting the air you breathe! surely car fumes are more harmful? i just find it quite strange as ive said, that peopel will complain about inhaling smoke in the place where they are, yet freely walk about town inhaling car fumes without a care!
laurs25 On November 02, 2005

Watford, United Kingdom
#69New Post! Sep 18, 2005 @ 10:58:11
I am a smoker but i say nay!

It is nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
nikkie5667 On September 20, 2005

denver, Colorado
#70New Post! Sep 19, 2005 @ 17:58:31
I also say nay, because some people have problems with cigrette smoke
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs