Kill it, Cook it, Eat it!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
lillypug On July 17, 2007

Deleted

lost!!, Namibia
#1New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 02:28:31
just watched a programme on BBC3 and was nearly sick!
it showed 3 cows from where they lived then took them to the slaughter house then they used a stun gun to the head so it killed them instintly they did everything from that to frying it in the pan! it was truely horrable to watch and even though im a meat eater i would think about where it comes from wen i go shopping.
did any1else see it? wat are ur views on it? they doing lambs 2morrow nite not so sure i will watch that 1

if this in wrong place sorry, i just didnt know where 2 put it!!
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 03:02:06
What was wrong with it? The fact that there was blood?

What you should have seen was that the process was painless for the animal.

BTW, your topic should be more like "Stun it, let it bleed to death, skin it, butcher it, pack it, ship it, cook it, eat it"
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#3New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 03:05:29
I've seen similar stuff before it doesn't bother me where my meat comes from too much until I am in a position where I could make a significant difference myself I wouldn't do anything about the treatment of animals if it would create problems for people in terms of food supply
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#4New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 03:14:30
i think the only thing i have ever been emotionally disturbed watching when it comes to animals, was when i seen this chinese market on television and these guys had these cats in cages, and when someone ordered it, they would take them out of the cages and dunk them into really hot water for a period of probably 20 secs. Then they would hang them on a hook, let them relax.. and then slowly they would peel off the fur... while the cat was still alive.

so trust me. seeing a cow being butchered, thats life. it happens. but try watching that happen, and you'll feel perfectly fine with letting a cow be butchered and packaged for you to eat.

Deleted

lost!!, Namibia
#5New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 03:14:46
@jonnythan Said
What was wrong with it? The fact that there was blood?

What you should have seen was that the process was painless for the animal.

BTW, your topic should be more like "Stun it, let it bleed to death, skin it, butcher it, pack it, ship it, cook it, eat it"

nothing really just never seen a cow slaughtered b4! no the blood didnt bother me that much, think it was the fact that it was still moving even after its head was cut off, and b4 ya say i was only the mussels contracting i no that, but it was horrable!

Deleted

lost!!, Namibia
#6New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 03:16:35
@twiztidangel Said
i think the only thing i have ever been emotionally disturbed watching when it comes to animals, was when i seen this chinese market on television and these guys had these cats in cages, and when someone ordered it, they would take them out of the cages and dunk them into really hot water for a period of probably 20 secs. Then they would hang them on a hook, let them relax.. and then slowly they would peel off the fur... while the cat was still alive.

so trust me. seeing a cow being butchered, thats life. it happens. but try watching that happen, and you'll feel perfectly fine with letting a cow be butchered and packaged for you to eat.

well in all fairness you have a point i would rather see a cow be slaughtered than see a cat go through that.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#7New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 03:23:02
@lillypug Said
just watched a programme on BBC3 and was nearly sick!
it showed 3 cows from where they lived then took them to the slaughter house then they used a stun gun to the head so it killed them instintly they did everything from that to frying it in the pan! it was truely horrable to watch and even though im a meat eater i would think about where it comes from wen i go shopping.
did any1else see it? wat are ur views on it? they doing lambs 2morrow nite not so sure i will watch that 1

if this in wrong place sorry, i just didnt know where 2 put it!!

I agree. It is horrible. They shouldn't have ever cooked it on a pan! Throw that baby on the grill!
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#8New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 03:23:37
@raditz8526 Said
I agree. It is horrible. They shouldn't have ever cooked it on a pan! Throw that baby on the grill!

that actually made me LOL irl

Deleted

lost!!, Namibia
#9New Post! Mar 06, 2007 @ 03:24:46
@raditz8526 Said

i agree wit ya, it would of been far nicer!
aronax On October 16, 2007

Hopkinton,
#10New Post! Mar 17, 2007 @ 02:58:41
Animals = food
nirvanachick On February 19, 2008

, New Jersey
#11New Post! Mar 25, 2007 @ 22:53:36
@aronax Said
Animals = food

yes! i must agree.
zelark312 On September 25, 2009

bath, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 29, 2007 @ 18:51:48
i yee i watch that program m8, personally i enjoyerd watch how proffional they were about it, kill it and skining the aniamal, the animal went through hardly any pain at all and it was cheacked to make sure it was kill correctly. england is stricked wen i come to kill anaimals correctly. in other counrties they are not so nice when killing the animals
alysedai On November 09, 2020

Newport News, Virginia
#13New Post! Mar 29, 2007 @ 18:55:58
@twiztidangel Said

Oh, my dad was telling me about the cat one time. *shudder* I'm glad I wasn't up watching TV with him when he saw it.
zaylan On September 16, 2008

Archer, Florida
#14New Post! May 13, 2007 @ 23:37:40
aye

Tho we could find other means of nutrition, I think the beef/pork/poultry/fish commissions are her to stay.

Besides imagine all the people who would starve from not being able to work at a slaughter house

hence:

"nope, no money today sweetheart"
felixz On May 19, 2007

tredegar, United Kingdom
#15New Post! May 17, 2007 @ 16:45:27
if eating amimals is wrong, why did god make em so tastey
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs