AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#16New Post! Nov 09, 2006 @ 12:13:03
@steveuk Said
It is used more than you think.

Think about it - who is going to tell their mates that they've had their benefit stopped because they've refused to apply for a job.

Certain local offices near me suspend, on average, 100 claimants money per day. That could be anything from 1 week to 6 months.

Im suprised it is... reason i say.. i sacked a few people in my time.. and i have never came across a JS letter... i rememebr asking the person ai sacked what there doing some months after and they said dole.. we never got a letter of them??

Also my brother is on the dole, and he goes drinking with the teachers he worked with and the admin staff... they aint got a letter..

But maybe they use it if theres suspition...
steveuk On May 15, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 09, 2006 @ 14:48:06
Well... if the person admits they've been sacked then there is no need for confimation from an employer - who is going to say they got sacked when they weren't, lol
stickman On May 19, 2007

york, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Nov 09, 2006 @ 14:59:53
my shakey older bro once had been on jsa so long the sent him on a course, he chose comp course, after a while they changed tutors, he didnt like her, complained then after a lil while longer told em that if they didnt change tutors he was gonna get a job, pissed myself wen he told me as i pointed out the whole idea was that jsa (job SEEKERS alowence) was that he was lookin for a job, shortly after his money stopped!
ladym On April 14, 2009

My Coffee House, DEEP Undergro
#19New Post! Nov 21, 2006 @ 12:52:37
@beautifuldisaster Said
I don't think it's just that though... I mean I have a friend who needed a job so she went to an agency and had a job the next day! There's tonnes of jobs like that too. Sure it's working in a factory packing but it's not like she has to do it forever it just keeps her off the dole! But walking into the dole center the people in there think they're too good for a job like that and that it's for all the foreigners that don't speak english and such. On the other hand a tonne of them are just lazy arses that don't want to work.

The line is getting longer, i agree, Especially here in good old Australia. But it isnt always jobseekers, and i wouldnt be calling them that either.Why ...is because, some.....(yes..Some..) of them dont want a job, so arent even "seeking" a jb that is.

Myself being a real true blue aussie job seeker, was being what they now call a "Jobsnob", would only apply for "nice jobs"
Now days here in Aussie you can not be picky or they will cut bak your money.
I swore i would never be a cleaner, but now i am doing just that....and why you ask...Because....I can live a decent lifestyle, and survive, which i barely could just bbeing on the dole.
Maybe ive ranted a bit much....
Should i let someone else have a go.

Soz, about my long rant/rave
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs