"War", "Military", "Victory", "Fight"! O

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#31New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 03:36:54
What? Something about itunes? jradke138 -- you wouldn't be attempting to ... something ... would you?

WIN!!! FIGHT!!!!! VICTORY!!!!! WAR!!!! COMPETITION!!!!!

I hope Obama wins, because he doesn't go for all this fighting crap. "Diplomacy".
04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#32New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 03:37:44
@raditz8526 Said

Almost as bad as the fools that think everything can be resolved peacefully.

Thank you!

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#33New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 03:55:12
Booooooo....
nothinsnew On September 15, 2009

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#34New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 04:29:40
I think what you're talking about has its base in this interesting undercurrent of fear that has existed (and has been perpetuated) in the U.S. since the very early days; Fear of Native Americans, slaves, other races (especially Asians), communists, terrorists, atheists etc etc. You guys have always had to have something to be afraid of. Like someone or something is always threatening to take away what you have.

Politicians in the U.S. play on this underlying fear and use it to justify and drive their agendas - on both sides of politics.

I don't know of any other country in the world who's leaders use fear so much to drive their politics.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#35New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 04:35:51
The boogie man is coming to get us!!!

It's very good that people are starting to see thru this crap, so they don't get all riled up over whatever the media puts out anymore.

Remember when 911 happened? I never saw so many scared people in my life. And they justified invading Iraq because they played on the emotions of the people. Seven years later... we've grown up.

Thank God for the internet.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#36New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 04:39:01
Amazing that someone from as far away as Australia can see it as plain as day.

If you heard the media over here sometimes NothinsNew -- it would blow your mind.

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#37New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 04:50:42
The phrase "You're either with us or against us... " sounds like something from the McCarthy days where everyone was potentially someone to fear.

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#38New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 04:54:32
...and yeah I can only imagine. John Howard - out last Prime Minister, used to use that whole fear thing all the time. He used to talk about a flood of refugees.. "queue jumpers" and all this other pathetic stuff to make people afraid. It worked for a while but people saw through it and got rid of him.

Its such a dumb way of doing things. The Europeans have been through all of this so many times and I think they've leaned that it only works in the short term.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#39New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 04:55:55
@nothinsnew Said

The phrase "You're either with us or against us... " sounds like something from the McCarthy days where everyone was potentially someone to fear.

Man, that was a long time ago. I was watching Bush speak live when he said that.

I could feel half of the nation all cringe at once.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#40New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 04:56:54
How do you know so much about US Politics? I don't even know about McCarthy.

But I do know I have been observing this fear propaganda bulls*** for quite some time, and just been amazed at how people bought into it.

It's sort of made me fearless. (Ironically). I don't believe anything. nothins new.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#41New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 04:58:24
@4000Earthquakes Said
I don't even know about McCarthy.

!

Go read about him now. McCarthy was the biggest name in American politics in the 50s. He led the whole anti-communist Red Scare.

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#42New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 05:01:09
@jonnythan Said

Man, that was a long time ago. I was watching Bush speak live when he said that.

I could feel half of the nation all cringe at once.

Yeah lol. I know not everyone over there buys into that fear bulls***. Dare I say it... mainly the uneducated lol
hairsplitter On March 04, 2009

long beach, California
#43New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 05:21:45
I am an American and Democrat that believes that we should always have a strong Military force at the ready. As we speak we always have others (whoever they may be) who are willing to do us harm. But I also believe that we should go to war only when threatened and when 9/11 happened we were threatened. Politics is a nasty business that is not for the weakhearted. We do not have all the knowledge that our leaders have and being human they make errors as well. Thus, we have unpopular wars. Like Vietnam, it was a dirty conflict full of political in fighting because we were losing the war. We could not agree how to end it or when but it was finally done. These types of situations are not delegated to one particular party, we are all either geniuses at times or complete morons. Wars are not pretty for whatever reason but they will occur.

"cada mente es un mundo." - "each mind is its' own world." 8)
04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#44New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 05:27:36
@nothinsnew Said

I think what you're talking about has its base in this interesting undercurrent of fear that has existed (and has been perpetuated) in the U.S. since the very early days; Fear of Native Americans, slaves, other races (especially Asians), communists, terrorists, atheists etc etc. You guys have always had to have something to be afraid of. Like someone or something is always threatening to take away what you have.

Politicians in the U.S. play on this underlying fear and use it to justify and drive their agendas - on both sides of politics.

I don't know of any other country in the world who's leaders use fear so much to drive their politics.

your right, the worlds a perfect place, we have nothing to fear.how could i have missed this? silly me for thinking that theres a good percent of the world that hates us and wants us dead.

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#45New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 05:35:47
@04EXCURSION Said

your right, the worlds a perfect place, we have nothing to fear.how could i have missed this? silly me for thinking that theres a good percent of the world that hates us and wants us dead.

Looks like you've bought the bulls***!

"... a good percent of the world that hates us and wants us dead." Sounds like paranoia to me. Where'd you get those stats... errr stats?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs