trencher On March 01, 2008

Hades, California
#1New Post! Apr 25, 2006 @ 05:03:23
Miami Heat lead series 2-0.

Heat- 115

Bulls- 108
Final

MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP!

Those were the sounds bellowing out of the mouths of the Miami Heat fans as Dwayne Wade moved ever closer to hoisting his MVP trophy.

A sore calf, wasn't about to keep Dwayne Wade on the bench for Game 2. He ended the night with 21 points, seven assists, four steals, and two blocks. But it was his heroics in the final moments of the fourth quarter that had the crowd(me included) on its feet.

With 1:04 remaining in the game, Dwayne took the pass from out of bounds and hit a slashing, spinning jumper to give the Heat a six-point lead and a commanding 2-0 lead in the series.

Wade also added a spectacular block on a shot attempt by Ben Gordon with approximately 40 seconds left to go in the game.

Not to be outdone were, Shaquille O'Neal and Jason Williams. They both added 22 points and four others scored in double figures for the Heat. At one point they had a 20-point lead in the third quarter.

Even with Wade's dazzling performance and the Heat playing at a high level... Pat Riley wasn't happy with the way they finished.

"Tremendous amount of energy, spirit and ball movement, but we didn't finish. That disturbs me and it should disturb our players after working so hard and playing so well."

I know that I'm worried. Andres Nocioni and Kirk Hinrich shredded the Heat in the fourth quarter.

Antoine Walker filled in nicely for the suspended Udnis Haslem by adding 17 points and 10 rebounds.

Sure, Miami blew the 20-point lead, but they're known for blowing big leads and then holding on for the dramatic victory.

"But we're ahead 2-0," Pat Riley said."That's what it's about."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs