Politics

Election 2020

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...43 44 45 46 47 ...65 66 67 · >>
Darkman666 On about 13 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#661New Post! Oct 30, 2020 @ 20:12:55
I read it was 83 millions ballots has been counted, bozo can't call rig.

It would be federal crime, if postal service and ups is destroying or storage the ballots in another place.

another way, ups and postal service send out fake tracking numbers to you on your tracking sheet, they gave you. your ballot tracking code at the post office. it stop there.

but the drop box itself is label address is wrong address.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#662New Post! Oct 30, 2020 @ 20:15:53
@Leon Said

I remember earlier this year when the BLM protests were in full force everywhere, there was a planned protest in my neighborhood, announced on platforms such as FB the day before. Surely enough, due to the media overhype of isolated incidents elsewhere, residents and businesses panicked, boarding up shops, calling the police, calling for militias, etc, when, in reality, everyone just needed to calm down. Turns out it was just a peaceful march and not a single violent incident took place.

All our protests were fine until the militia/proud boys/bougaloo bois showed up and started s***, mostly shoving women around. Then getting piss and acting like the victim when someone else told them to actually pick on someone their own size. The one republican guy, that grabbed a girl by her hair and threw her backwards to the ground and ran off, acted all innocent when he shot the guy that saw it and who chased him. He didn't realize he was on tape in the crowd. He said the one dude came after him with a long board for "no reason", and the shooting was self-defense from the "violent protestors".

Since all the militia there that day got arrested and processed, they stopped showing up to everything, as they were under a bunch of investigations. (It's a lot harder to claim your organization is not "white-supremacist" when the cops now have a catalog of everyone associated with you that has swastika and white power tattoos. Things like sharing stages with other "out" white supremacists and taking "awards and recognition" from them starts to look even more obvious.)

Since the "protests" have just been ralles/or marches with very little issues other than some traffic disruption. Which honestly is the point, if you don't disrupt traffic, you're not protesting right. Part of protest is some civil disobedience.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#663New Post! Oct 30, 2020 @ 21:00:01
@DiscordTiger Said

Ahh, See we have always been able to do either in my state. Anyone can request a mail in ballot/absentee for any reason for any or all elections.

I usually go in to early voting, since we moved to the this new city, but I was in small precincts in ABQ, so it was pretty quick and I could in and out before work. I prefer voting in person, I just don't like waiting hours in lines.

I mailed in last week, because they also cut the number of polling places for early voting with the drop boxes and none of them were really convenient for me. I still have some mobility issues and I'm a little extra cautious with the virus and my husband. People are generally kind and offer to hold doors and stuff which is nice, but I'd really rather they stay back now. So I feel bad telling them to back off. It's bad enough I sometimes get startled by someone and my first response to that is to yell "f***". and because of the walker I usually have a static charge, which means if they try to touch me I shock them as well. lol I know how to discharge the static, but if I'm not prepared for it... it's kind of funny. Don't touch strangers and you won't get hurt.

to make a long story short. When I moved in March. I did my forward address backward, so I screw up at board of election. The beginning of the month and and ballot in the mail and poll election id.

here where I screw up on my ballot, the back of the ballot's envelope, it doesn't said when you sign your name. So, I signed my name.so, when I went to notery person. He told that he can't seal the stamp on it, because I already signed it.

Little over two weeks ago, I still waiting for my second ballot. I still get it by monday, I still drop off in a drop box.

the ballot doesn't show up on monday. Where I live, they offer a ride to vote on Tuesday.

When first time, I voted in high school, I voted for carter and both terms of bill. I skipped voting three terms of bushes and the first term of obama. Since then,I have voted.

Either way, I don't have regrets, if I vote or not.i won't lose any sleep, if I don't vote in this election.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#664New Post! Oct 31, 2020 @ 07:03:53
@darkman666 Said

to make a long story short. When I moved in March. I did my forward address backward, so I screw up at board of election. The beginning of the month and and ballot in the mail and poll election id.

here where I screw up on my ballot, the back of the ballot's envelope, it doesn't said when you sign your name. So, I signed my name.so, when I went to notery person. He told that he can't seal the stamp on it, because I already signed it.

Little over two weeks ago, I still waiting for my second ballot. I still get it by monday, I still drop off in a drop box.

the ballot doesn't show up on monday. Where I live, they offer a ride to vote on Tuesday.

When first time, I voted in high school, I voted for carter and both terms of bill. I skipped voting three terms of bushes and the first term of obama. Since then,I have voted.

Either way, I don't have regrets, if I vote or not.i won't lose any sleep, if I don't vote in this election.

My father did something similar this year, with the signing in the wrong place. He ended up having to go down to the county Secretary office to get it sorted.

So he called me and made sure I did it right, as we are in the same state and I procrastinate more than him. Lol.

I mailed mine last Monday, and verified it was accepted today. So don’t have to fix it before Election Day, but I was kind of worried about it.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#665New Post! Oct 31, 2020 @ 14:27:39
3 Days Before Election Day

Total early votes cast in election so far: 89,576,000
Total early votes cast in 2016 election: 47,015,000 (34% of total votes cast)

Total votes cast in 2016 election: 138,847,000 (60% voter turnout)
Total votes cast in 2018 midterms: 118,581,000 (50% voter turnout)

Current average polling at 3 days before election: Biden 7.8% lead over Trump
Average polling at 3 days before 2016 election: Clinton 2.1% lead over Trump
Popular vote result of 2016 election: Clinton 2.1% lead over Trump

Current Electoral map projection: Biden 345 Trump 193
2016 Electoral map result: Clinton 227 Trump 304

Current Senate map projection: DNC 51 GOP 49
Present Senate map makeup: DNC 47 GOP 53

Current House map projection: 214 DNC 182 GOP 39 tossup
Present House map makeup: 232 DNC 197 GOP 6 other/vacant
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#666New Post! Oct 31, 2020 @ 17:51:39
Beware.....

The Red Mirage

Saint Louis, Missouri
#667New Post! Oct 31, 2020 @ 21:00:49
@DiscordTiger Said

My father did something similar this year, with the signing in the wrong place. He ended up having to go down to the county Secretary office to get it sorted.

So he called me and made sure I did it right, as we are in the same state and I procrastinate more than him. Lol.

I mailed mine last Monday, and verified it was accepted today. So don’t have to fix it before Election Day, but I was kind of worried about it.

By October 21, was deadline for mail in ballot for missouri. I called for a second ballot on october 12.

I remember my first ballot,
it took over a week get it closer three weeks.

so, I haven't gotten my second ballot, if I get the ballot on Monday. I will probably take the afternoon to notery it, and drop off.

Tuesday, probably will have to vote. This year, I'll be voting at new place at school. which should more bigger and organize than trashcan that I voted at 34 years in the city.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#668New Post! Oct 31, 2020 @ 23:12:50
@dookie Said

Beware.....

The Red Mirage

Irony, which would be hilarious that bozo lose by early voting and election day.

bozo won by small margin with mail in and absentee ballots.

Joe win the presidency.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#669New Post! Nov 01, 2020 @ 10:08:19
Wait for it.......wait for it......

The Blue Shift
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#670New Post! Nov 01, 2020 @ 16:18:36
2 Days Before Election Day

Total early votes cast in election so far: 93,323,000
Total early votes cast in 2016 election: 47,015,000 (34% of total votes cast)

Total votes cast in 2016 election: 138,847,000 (60% voter turnout)
Total votes cast in 2018 midterms: 118,581,000 (50% voter turnout)

Current average polling at 2 days before election: Biden 7.2% lead over Trump
Average polling at 2 days before 2016 election: Clinton 2.2% lead over Trump
Popular vote result of 2016 election: Clinton 2.1% lead over Trump

Current Electoral map projection: Biden 368 Trump 170
2016 Electoral map result: Clinton 227 Trump 304

Current Senate map projection: DNC 50 GOP 50
Present Senate map makeup: DNC 47 GOP 53

Current House map projection: 214 DNC 182 GOP 39 tossup
Present House map makeup: 232 DNC 197 GOP 6 other/vacant
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#671New Post! Nov 01, 2020 @ 16:20:33
Note that, if the Senate does indeed end up 50 - 50, control would depend on who is President, as deciding votes are cast by the Vice President.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#672New Post! Nov 01, 2020 @ 16:35:50
@dookie Said

Beware.....

The Red Mirage

@dookie Said

Wait for it.......wait for it......

The Blue Shift

I haven’t clicked on those links, so forgive me if I’m repeating anything written in those, but yes, the expectation is that the majority of Republicans are waiting until Election Day to cast votes in person, given Trump’s rhetoric surrounding mail in voting. And given that Democrats are not following suit, this will create an illusion that Trump is winning when voting precincts start counting and reporting the Election Day votes.

It’s all about when they can and will start counting the early votes. There are a few states that can start counting early (but cannot report them until Election Day), but most cannot until Election Day. But if they can start counting them early enough to that day to be able to report them with the Election Day votes, then that will prevent any “Red Mirage”. But some states may drag their feet on this I imagine, particularly GOP-led states, in hopes that the fight over the cutoff date will lead to Trump’s favor (see below). So this is where you may see a later “Blue Shift”.

Is that blue shift that I am worried about, as GOP lawyers will do everything they can to discredit these late counts, from calling the ballots themselves as fraudulent, to saying they are too late to be counted. Trump also may declare victory on election night, disregarding the late counts entirely ahead of time, and then twitter-attacking any blue shift as fraudulent as it occurs, further enabling these lawyers.

Of course, if there actually is no red mirage, then that would be that. But that may not be likely, especially across all the battleground states that are needed to get to 270 electoral college votes.

Biden will definitely win the popular votes. But if it isn’t clear to the people that all of these votes count, and Trump is declared the victor, there will be a level of protests unseen in our history.

What happens after that is anybody’s guess.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#673New Post! Nov 01, 2020 @ 20:08:46
in missouri, a fact that the state is a republican state. Only time, rarely because in election race become an democrat state. When blacks vote for democrat.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#674New Post! Nov 02, 2020 @ 00:03:45
But to borrow an expression, I too am cautiously optimistic! If we can all sit down together and be humble, set our emotions and egos aside, I'm quite certain that we will find a solution tucked within our commonalities. Heck, I'm not at all opposed to having one candidate be president and the loser of the election be the vice president. Maybe Joe Biden could be the limo driver or something. There's No I in Team. That's what my mother always said. She did not cheat on a test, for it was not the right thing to do. Before Trump was president, he was a decorated civil rights leader. When money was tight, he'd get his lunch money from the local wishing well. And finally, I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches. So, if Trump does lose on election night, I think I'll just toast up a tuns sandwich and cry myself to sleek.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#675New Post! Nov 02, 2020 @ 00:24:24
@Leon Said

I haven’t clicked on those links, so forgive me if I’m repeating anything written in those, but yes, the expectation is that the majority of Republicans are waiting until Election Day to cast votes in person, given Trump’s rhetoric surrounding mail in voting. And given that Democrats are not following suit, this will create an illusion that Trump is winning when voting precincts start counting and reporting the Election Day votes.

It’s all about when they can and will start counting the early votes. There are a few states that can start counting early (but cannot report them until Election Day), but most cannot until Election Day. But if they can start counting them early enough to that day to be able to report them with the Election Day votes, then that will prevent any “Red Mirage”. But some states may drag their feet on this I imagine, particularly GOP-led states, in hopes that the fight over the cutoff date will lead to Trump’s favor (see below). So this is where you may see a later “Blue Shift”.

Is that blue shift that I am worried about, as GOP lawyers will do everything they can to discredit these late counts, from calling the ballots themselves as fraudulent, to saying they are too late to be counted. Trump also may declare victory on election night, disregarding the late counts entirely ahead of time, and then twitter-attacking any blue shift as fraudulent as it occurs, further enabling these lawyers.

Of course, if there actually is no red mirage, then that would be that. But that may not be likely, especially across all the battleground states that are needed to get to 270 electoral college votes.

Biden will definitely win the popular votes. But if it isn’t clear to the people that all of these votes count, and Trump is declared the victor, there will be a level of protests unseen in our history.

What happens after that is anybody’s guess.

our ballots are basically a scan tron. all the mail in are held until election day. They had a inner and outer envelope, so the other are opened and sorted, then poll workers open them and start running them through the machines. For the ones they received in advance, the results are going to be available same day, just like early voting and in person.

the only actual delay is ones arriving in the mail run the day of election, and if they are allowed to count post marked ballots. (I honestly can't remember if they are)

Which is why trump is such a f***ing idiot, he doesn't even understanding voting laws in all 50 states. Or worse he treats the general american like they are a f***ing idiot.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...43 44 45 46 47 ...65 66 67 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs