Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...14 15 16
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#226New Post! Apr 11, 2012 @ 23:59:09
@drman321 Said

So you are upset that you can't have a late term abortion in Arizona and that teenage girls who swallow a bottle of aspirin are Baker Acted for 72 hours?

I obviously pulled the wrong link to give as example, I just meant to state that abortion is a woman's right and no one elses. Anyone who tries to PURPOSELY commit suicide, should be left the hell alone, it's their right to die. I also believe anyone that assists in the suicide should not be arrested for manslaughter/attempted manslaughter.

If my child tried to commit suicide (if they were of an older age) and failed, I'd be deeply upset that they were that unhappy, but it's not my body and place to say anything.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#227New Post! Apr 12, 2012 @ 00:05:14
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I obviously pulled the wrong link to give as example, I just meant to state that abortion is a woman's right and no one elses. Anyone who tries to PURPOSELY commit suicide, should be left the hell alone, it's their right to die. I also believe anyone that assists in the suicide should not be arrested for manslaughter/attempted manslaughter.

If my child tried to commit suicide (if they were of an older age) and failed, I'd be deeply upset that they were that unhappy, but it's not my body and place to say anything.

If you want to argue about Baker Acting someone we can.

I know someone who is alive because he was Baker Acted after a suicide attempt and was diagnosed with depression and given a chance to get the medication to clinical levels in his system while under medical supervision at the hospital.

I hardly call that procedure to be a gross infringement of our rights.

Honestly your crying about your freedoms being taken away is sounding pretty petty at this point.
Logical Alien

#228New Post! Apr 12, 2012 @ 00:20:41
LOL, I wasn't crying about it, you questioned me and I answered the best I could. I'm still not crying about it. I am but one woman, what can I do? Nothing.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#229New Post! Apr 12, 2012 @ 00:28:03
I'm sorry I mistook the following to be whining about how awful you have it in the US. When I asked you what freedoms have been denied to you you told me that none have been yet but that there are bills designed to deny you of your freedoms, when pressed as to what bills you came up with no more late term abortion in Arizona and suicidally depressed people get Baker Acted. I think your rhetoric is a bit overblown in context of the "freedoms" you are lacking in your life.

@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

America is dead, because we're being dragged away from what the founding fathers wanted for us. This country has been going down the drain because of religious hippies, redneck and Muslim presidents, and the idiots running for senate/president. We need freedom, not persecution by the church. (tried to avoid bringing religion in this, that was inevitable)
Logical Alien

#230New Post! Apr 12, 2012 @ 00:33:53
I don't consider that whining.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#231New Post! Apr 12, 2012 @ 04:03:47
@drman321 Said

Talk about entitled bulls***.

First of all allowing a business to not provide insurance coverage for birth control does not infringe on any rights for any person anywhere in any way.

A woman still has the freedom to go buy birth control. Just because something isn't being given for free doesn't mean you are denied it.

As for these other bills, which ones?

A more costly freedom you mean. i think that's the point.

Other bills getting rid of family planning funding solely because the bill sponsors don't like Planned Parenthood (even when it is not providing abortions) based on religious or ideological beliefs.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#232New Post! Apr 12, 2012 @ 04:04:46
@drman321 Said

The right in question is the right to a late term abortion. Do you think women should be able to get late term abortions?

If it is medically called for- hell yeah!
Logical Alien

#233New Post! Apr 12, 2012 @ 17:41:09
Underline thing I wanted to get across really, was that religion needs to stay underground instead of in the government.
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#234New Post! Apr 12, 2012 @ 19:03:50
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

Underline thing I wanted to get across really, was that religion needs to stay underground instead of in the government.

I don't even believe it should remain underground, as people should be allowed to thump their Bibles or their Quran or their Tanakh or their Buddhist and Hindu texts as loudly as they want. But it should not be allowed to pervade or influence governing laws because it compromises the Freedom of Religion clause for everybody.
Logical Alien

#235New Post! Apr 13, 2012 @ 03:58:11
So say we all!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...14 15 16

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs