Forums: Entertainment:
Movies

Special Effects

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
island_strider On September 09, 2005

Toronto, Canada
#1New Post! Jun 20, 2005 @ 17:21:30
I think that technology has finally reached a point that we can create movies based off of
books more accurately. A good eg is the Lord of the Ring's and Harry Potter. Even 5 years
ago these movies would not have been as good as they were because technically/visually
we would not have been able to reproduce what the author described in their books. When
you write a book nothing is impossible, however when you are making a movie there are
limitations. However as technology advances further and further I feel these limitations are
deminishing.

So just wondering, what other books do you feel would make great movies?
_death_addict_ On July 01, 2005

Birmingham, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 20, 2005 @ 17:24:58
Don't really read many books but I think that they could make the Harry Potter movies even better with more and more special effects. But maybe that would just ruin it. I'm not sure...
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 20, 2005 @ 17:32:32
yeah - special effects r good, i mean, the lotr trilogy was absolutely incredible and, unlike some films, the effects did not detract from the story which stayed mostly true to the original books

however, i think that any more special effects in films and they will remove the need for actors altogether. some of the films produced go overboard with special effects and do not bother so much with actual acting and decent scripts.

a good example would be the matrix. the first film had a relatively low budget and it was an instant success, mainly due to the unusual idea behind it and the excellent cast. the effects were there but believeable and it was a well done film.

in the second and third films the budget was soo over the top that it became a special effects movie rather than a decent film. this is just my opinion, though, obviously...
rashell16 On August 04, 2010

City of the Dead, Palau
#4New Post! Jun 20, 2005 @ 17:38:28
well i wish they wouldnt edit what happens in the harry potter movies. Ive Read each four times at least and they allways change something so that the movie wouldnt go on for hours. Im willing to watch it for 3 hours (like Lord of The Rings)
P.S. You guys how do you make posts (not replys?)
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 20, 2005 @ 17:40:31
go to the part of the forum u want it to go - i.e "random" or "arts & entertainment" and click on "new topic"
island_strider On September 09, 2005

Toronto, Canada
#6New Post! Jun 20, 2005 @ 17:51:42
Very true. I think sometimes they concentrate too much on the effects instead of the story,
and acting, the effect should compliment the story, not be the story.

Nothing bugs me more when they change they story-line of movies based off of books.
The reason the book became popular was the story-line, and good writing. Why would you
change that. Thats like trimming a Da-Vinci painting because it wouldn't fit properly on
your wall in the museum.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs