Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#1New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 02:33:38
When we moved in here 5 years ago, we noticed on our side of our house was the neighbours bush, and we were quite upset, this is around a foot and a half they have taken on our side of our property line..........and believe you me, this is some old, huge and ugly bush!

met the new neighbour.........he had only been there himself 2 years..........we thought until last year he owned the house...but he rents, which he doesnt know we know,

got fed up with these uglybushes, we want them gone and we want to re-sod our entire area. Hadnt seen him in a new days, so wrote him a really nice letter saying we would like him just to trim this bush back, not take it out completely, as it is on his property, just has grown onto ours.

never heard from him tonight, so of course I assume he is pissed.........plus he will have to phone his landlord and ask.

did I do anything wrong is asking for my land back?

It was really really nicely written and we are friends of his.

I know a letter is impersonal, but as said, we don't see him to often...and we would like to re-sod in two weeks, when we have our long weekend?

thanks
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#2New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 02:37:36
how sure are you that its on your property? Did you get your lot surveyed before you moved in? if not do you know where your P. Cors. are? You gotta be pretty sure in the states if you wanna just cut down some bush.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#3New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 02:39:24
Sounds right to me, Odie.

Your neighbor may be waiting some sort of reply from the house-owner/land-lord, and doesn't trust his own judgement on the fate of an 'uglybush' -- I can't seem to find a description of this particular strain....

odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#4New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 02:53:59
@saegespaene Said
Sounds right to me, Odie.

Your neighbor may be waiting some sort of reply from the house-owner/land-lord, and doesn't trust his own judgement on the fate of an 'uglybush' -- I can't seem to find a description of this particular strain....

oh I can see him waiting, its not his property to cut down--its his landlords..........just hope I haven't opened a can of worms here.

checked with the city....it is our property.
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#5New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 02:59:34
@adrinachrome Said
how sure are you that its on your property? Did you get your lot surveyed before you moved in? if not do you know where your P. Cors. are? You gotta be pretty sure in the states if you wanna just cut down some bush.

went to the city yesterday, yes, its ours.

would never even think of doing something unless checked out.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#6New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 03:04:15
@odie Said
went to the city yesterday, yes, its ours.

would never even think of doing something unless checked out.

was just wondering I do that kinda s*** for a living so I have seen how much trouble people get into when they dont hire a surveyor when they're in that kinda situation.
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#7New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 03:09:03
ahhhhhhhh you must have heard them all!

Our law actually state, you do not need permission from your neighbour to cut back tree branches. etc. if they are hanging on your property...........my last neighbour from hell did this to us, cut off all of our brances hanging on his side.......but right up to each trunk!....on purpose.
Part-time Nidologist

#8New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 03:46:31
Well, you've provided your own best answer... the law is on your side,.... Get to that 'uglybush' sometime next week, so that when you are ready to re-sod, you don't have anything in your way! You're the banana....
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#9New Post! May 07, 2008 @ 13:55:04
am waiting to see if he will do it, after all, its his bush............that would be neighbourly.
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#10New Post! May 09, 2008 @ 11:28:57
it all went sooooooooooooo well!

he was digging out his bush last nite, we talked, owner is cool, said he can do anything he wants while living there.

life is good again, thanks for all your help!

finally after 5 years, I have my property back, 2 feet of it!

Part-time Nidologist

#11New Post! May 09, 2008 @ 11:34:07
Well, that's nice.... Now, watch where you put the dandilions!

odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#12New Post! May 09, 2008 @ 15:43:16
@saegespaene Said
Well, that's nice.... Now, watch where you put the dandilions!

yeah, guess cause he rents he doesn't care about his

grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 09, 2008 @ 16:10:04
In the UK if a neighbour has a plant or tree overhanging your property boundary they are obliged to have it trimmed or cut back at your request.
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#14New Post! May 10, 2008 @ 02:06:40
same here, or we can do it ourselves...but my neighbour is really really nice and he and I have sooooooo much fun together...........so I wanted to ask him first.
mtllegal On May 24, 2008

, Canada
#15New Post! May 24, 2008 @ 04:26:38
Have you have heard or read the old addage <<talk to thy neigbor..

Please ,..before it s too late ..before you get a lawyer s letter..please do some dammage control..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs