Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

i'm sick of montage adverts

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 20:35:04
went to the movies today and as usual had to sit through about 20 minutes of rubbish before it started ...i'm becoming increasingly fed up with ad's that flash a stream of images at us while some smooth talking guy trys to influence our thinking ... there were about 4 of these ads ..and i didn't know what they were for until the last frame ... there's one that really annoys me ..it follows the relationship between a baby girl and her protective father .... we see image after syrupy image of them together at various stages of her life ... and right at the end the product is revealed .. and we're suppposed to feel that this product would protect us like a father would .... i find these pretentious ads ludicrous ... thanks , i feel better for that .
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 20:37:37
Volkswagon?

london, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 20:43:52
@treebee Said

Volkswagon?

mmm.... if i say what it's for then i'm kinda giving them a free ad ...and i don't want to help them because the manipulative f**kers make me nuts ... all i'll say is ...it's a type of mint sweet
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 21:07:36
Yeah it's part of advertising, establishing a personal connection with the product. It's gotten a bit ridiculous at this point though, some of them have strayed right into sappy territory (eg. the John Lewis christmas ad and the Chrome ones).
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#5New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 21:21:11
I personally like this "is it fast? is it fast? is it fast? (Dude, it's got a lightning bolt on it!) Is it safe?" one.

london, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 21:27:54
@someone_else Said

I personally like this "is it fast? is it fast? is it fast? (Dude, it's got a lightning bolt on it!) Is it safe?" one.

that's probably an american ad ..if it features lots of images then i don't like it .. it's a modern filming technique ..used in movies a lot now ...if you look at fight scenes from old movies and compare them with new movies then it'll illustrate my point ... old james bond (sean connery) versus new james bond ( daniel craig)
Not a dude.

Deleted

#7New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 21:32:04
@offbeat Said

that's probably an american ad ..if it features lots of images then i don't like it .. it's a modern filming technique ..used in movies a lot now ...if you look at fight scenes from old movies and compare them with new movies then it'll illustrate my point ... old james bond (sean connery) versus new james bond ( daniel craig)

So you'd just rather see a picture of a product in an advert and have some boring guy talk about it?
Not a dude.

Deleted

#8New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 21:33:31
@treebee Said

Volkswagon?

Oh, btw, it could also be Subaru. They seem to make less sense than the VW ones because they're based on love , not necessarily safety.

london, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 21:38:13
@someone_else Said

So you'd just rather see a picture of a product in an advert and have some boring guy talk about it?

how bloody dare you ! ..erm no ...it's just that i can see straight through their manipulation .. and it irritates that they think it'll work on me
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#10New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 21:39:42
I love my car... Then it decided to take it a step to far and demand that I start giving it reach arounds.
I'm getting that f***er fixed.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#11New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 21:47:49
@offbeat Said

how bloody dare you ! ..erm no ...it's just that i can see straight through their manipulation .. and it irritates that they think it'll work on me

Oh, well in that case....

The world doesn't revolve around you. Adverts are not made to market to only you and people like you. Obviously it works on someone or they'd have pulled the advert by now, eh?

So, do what we do whenever we see our 'hated' commercials come on, mute the tele, turn it off or look away.

I just realized that you said you were at the movies. Solution to that? Don't get there so early.

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 21:56:16
@someone_else Said

Oh, well in that case....

The world doesn't revolve around you. Adverts are not made to market to only you and people like you. Obviously it works on someone or they'd have pulled the advert by now, eh?

So, do what we do whenever we see our 'hated' commercials come on, mute the tele, turn it off or look away.

I just realized that you said you were at the movies. Solution to that? Don't get there so early.

oi you ..i'm the leastest person who thinks the world revolves around me ..and you know it too ..i know it must work on people ..that makes it even worse ... my movie buddy thinks i'm being a moaney git when i'm sighing and huffing and puffing at these ridiculous manipulations ...i say to him every week ...' dave ,find out what time the actual movie starts so we can get here after the s**t ads !' ...but he likes me to get irritated ..gives him perverse pleasure .
waldo On August 02, 2016
I don't care

lancaster, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 06:13:24
Just like the good old days of VHS but without the fast forward button.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#14New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 06:39:59
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs