PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal

mrmhead

New Post! January 21, 2017 @ 03:40:41 pm
@Erimitus Said

Proposition:

The process of measurement, that which is being measured, and the measurer are different aspect of the same entity.

And ...and without all three aspects the entity would not exist. Hence, the essence of the entity (which we have not named yet) is the measurement, the measurer, and the measured.

Hmmm that is not entirely consistent with my world view. I will have to think on it. Any help is always appreciated.

Meanwhile, I have a very important nap to take.

To me this seems to touch on Einstein's Relativity. The important part being the frame of reference according to what is being measured, and the measurer.
How it is being measured and what it is called just hast to be understandable to the measurer.

mrmhead

New Post! January 21, 2017 @ 11:54:23 pm
@Erimitus Said

Meanwhile, I have a very important nap to take.

I didn't mean to take you up all your sweet time
I'll give it right back to you one of these days

(JH)

Erimitus

New Post! January 22, 2017 @ 02:18:13 pm
Proposition:

The process of measurement, that which is being measured, and the measurer are different aspect of the same entity.

@mrmhead Said

To me this seems to touch on Einstein's Relativity. The important part being the frame of reference according to what is being measured, and the measurer.
How it is being measured and what it is called just hast to be understandable to the measurer.

Please explain

mrmhead

New Post! January 22, 2017 @ 05:00:46 pm
@Erimitus Said

Proposition:

Please explain

I'd believe you know of Einstein's Relativity, so I won't explain ...

Whoever is doing the measuring, now has an effect on what is being measured. Because when I measure it, the "entity" of it will be different from when you measure it, because you and I are different.

But we generalize and abstract it so that we can understand each other.

Time is one of those measurements.

mrmhead

New Post! January 22, 2017 @ 05:04:03 pm
Time is a measure
To measure is to quantify change
Time is a measure of change
To change requires energy

Time is a measure of energy

:

chaski

Stalker

New Post! January 22, 2017 @ 05:28:14 pm
"Time" is a word that humans use to describe a real phenomenon.

Example 1: A living thing comes into life (is born in the case of animals), grows, and then dies.

Humans use the words "time" to help describe this process; a human is born at a point in "time", grows over time, eventually dies.

Non-human animals, it would seem, do not have the vocabulary to describe what we humans call "time". Still, it would seem that at least some animals have some level of understanding of "time".

Example 2: Things change over or during what we humans call "time".

A rock is formed (let's say by a volcano). Over "time" the rock changes from (let's say) a 200 lb mass that is combined into one "unit"... but over "time"... it erodes into thousands or millions of smaller units that "we" call sand or dirt or dust (etc).

So, "time" exists without name or description regardless of perception.

However, "perception" leads "us" to create a word ("time" ) that "we" use to describe the phenomena of "change".

Even if Kurt Gödel was/is correct that "time" does not exist (in some large mathematical-physics way), the phenomenon of "change" does exist. Humans have, again, created the word "time" to help describe the process of change... thus Gödel is ultimately wrong: "Time" does exist.

And it would seem, "time" exists independent of perception.

Erimitus

New Post! January 22, 2017 @ 06:07:47 pm
@mrmhead Said

I'd believe you know of Einstein's Relativity, so I won't explain ...

Whoever is doing the measuring, now has an effect on what is being measured. Because when I measure it, the "entity" of it will be different from when you measure it, because you and I are different.

But we generalize and abstract it so that we can understand each other.

Time is one of those measurements.

Thank you

Erimitus

New Post! January 23, 2017 @ 07:21:16 pm
Proposition: There is a fundamental intellectual structure

Time is part of this fundamental intellectual structure within which the mind sequences and compares events.

Within this fundamental intellectual structure the mind sequences and compares events.

twilitezone911

New Post! January 23, 2017 @ 11:24:33 pm
@Erimitus Said

Proposition: There is a fundamental intellectual structure

Time is part of this fundamental intellectual structure within which the mind sequences and compares events.

Within this fundamental intellectual structure the mind sequences and compares events.

you said that time could adapt to the mind, to work as one. it could explain why there is present, future, and past.

time has work with the mind, to for understand what time is. an animal doesn't understand time. the animal adapt to time, but it understand that at night, it sleeps and during the day, it stay awake. beyond, what time mean to animal?

a man need time to function to have a chronicle of lifetime.

man's mind need to think to function to survive to evolve to the next stage of grow to get older. that probably why man and time adapt to each other perfectly.

so time is separate from man, because time function so perfectly sequences of events that man need to work , or to function.

is in sense, time is not live, because time never dies, but man does. time must some intelligent be so complex that man can't survive without man. time could survive without man.

the best way or simple way to look at time to be more intellectual or literally superior to man.

time control man, man can't control time.

Erimitus

New Post! January 26, 2017 @ 05:46:08 pm
@adrinachrome Said

I sometimes wonder if anything exists outside of perception.

Me too.

LuckyCharms

Magically Delicious

New Post! January 26, 2017 @ 05:56:58 pm
@Erimitus Said
Time does not exist independent of perception

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that how we measure time is what exists within our perception.

To say that time does not exist outside of perception makes time dependent upon the human experience.

A tree still falls in the forest regardless if we are there to witness it or not.

Erimitus

New Post! January 26, 2017 @ 06:04:35 pm
@LuckyCharms Said

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that how we measure time is what exists within our perception.

To say that time does not exist outside of perception makes time dependent upon the human experience.

A tree still falls in the forest regardless if we are there to witness it or not.

Esse est percipi

Erimitus

New Post! January 26, 2017 @ 06:14:00 pm
@Erimitus Said

Esse est percipi

LC: Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that how we measure time is what exists within our perception

E: How time is measured is what exists in perception.

E: the process of measuring is what exists in perception.

E: I am sorry but I am not understanding.

E: I understand perception to be the process of measuring.

E: It seems to me that the how time is measured is a factor in perception.

LuckyCharms

Magically Delicious

New Post! January 26, 2017 @ 06:15:47 pm
@Erimitus Said

Esse est percipi

To be is to be perceived.

But must something be perceived to exist? I say absolutely not.

Erimitus

New Post! January 26, 2017 @ 11:26:30 pm
@LuckyCharms Said

To be is to be perceived.

But must something be perceived to exist? I say absolutely not.

I experience properties.

The properties that I experience are a virtual reality.

I have no way of knowing if there is an actual reality and if there is an actual reality no way of knowing what that reality is.

My reality is based on nerve impulses. (0,1).

My mind is the creator of my reality.

Proposition: A tree in the woods does not exist in my reality unless I experience it.

Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Quote | Reply