The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Religion

the lost gospels cud have made a big difference in life...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
VeRsTeHeN On April 29, 2015

St Agustine, Trinidad and Toba
#1New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 18:38:15
wow.. u know i was just thinking that if in fact some of the Nag Hammadi made it.. how different the world would have been.. If the gospel of Mary Magdelene made it.. then she probely wuda have been the * new pope* stories such as Thecla would have shown a different story of women and there power with God and the book of adam and eve would defo give woman a place of equality...imagine if Marcianism was allowed..would that separate Jesus for God..and If the apostle Peter was the rock on which Christianity was build why wasnt his gospel a part of the Bible.. got me thinking.. what about you
foosyerdoos On March 10, 2015

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 18:41:41
So as a Christian, does it make you doubt the faith you have been brought up in?
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#3New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 18:52:18
as a Christian, it only strengthens my faith...

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 18:56:30
@deal1 Said

as a Christian, it only strengthens my faith...

Could you explain that further please? It seems to me that for 2000 years you have been told only the edited highlights!

#5New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 19:00:54
@foosyerdoos Said

Could you explain that further please? It seems to me that for 2000 years you have been told only the edited highlights!

i dnt doubht my faith.. becuse my faith have nothing to do witht he choice of what gospel was omitted.. i agree witht he post before.. it strengthens my faith becuse i know for a fact that God is a great God of mercy and it is man who have chosen to omitt the works of God for his vision of religion and not that view of God
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#6New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 19:03:12
Because I no longer have to rely solely on the "edited highlights".
Right now, I'm reading the Apocryphal/ Deuterocanonical Books of the Old Testament

#7New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 19:05:30
@deal1 Said

Because I no longer have to rely solely on the "edited highlights".
Right now, I'm reading the Apocryphal/ Deuterocanonical Books of the Old Testament

and what do u think of it...i think the gospel of mary and thomas is very interesting.. nicodemus is interesting to
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#8New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 19:10:13
it's very interesting..I'm in "The Wisdom Of Solomon" right now...Can't wait for "Bel and the Dragon".

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 19:13:28
@Verstehen Said

i dnt doubht my faith.. becuse my faith have nothing to do witht he choice of what gospel was omitted.. i agree witht he post before.. it strengthens my faith becuse i know for a fact that God is a great God of mercy and it is man who have chosen to omitt the works of God for his vision of religion and not that view of God

OK, I respect that it doesn't diminish your faith in God. Maybe I should have said does it, or should it make you question the selected teaching that have been taught? Maybe if there was no missing gospels women would have had a stronger position in society and wouldn't have been treated as second class for the majority of the 2000 years. Maybe there wouldn't have been the same amount of wars carried out in Christs name!

#10New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 19:14:18
@deal1 Said

it's very interesting..I'm in "The Wisdom Of Solomon" right now...Can't wait for "Bel and the Dragon".

yea with solomon being a great sorcerer..they were speaking about * the ring*i think that was where the movie lord of the ring was inspired from lol.. becuse they wher talking about he one ring to rule them all lol.. and um yea bel and the dragon was kool. wen daniel showed them that it was infact the priest just being a cow.. u should look up the story of thecla and paul.. i find that interesting..

#11New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 19:16:02
@foosyerdoos Said

OK, I respect that it doesn't diminish your faith in God. Maybe I should have said does it, or should it make you question the selected teaching that have been taught? Maybe if there was no missing gospels women would have had a stronger position in society and wouldn't have been treated as second class for the majority of the 2000 years. Maybe there wouldn't have been the same amount of wars carried out in Christs name!

that i sooooooo agree with... women wud have been way more respected

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 19:20:44
@Verstehen Said

that i sooooooo agree with... women wud have been way more respected

Well, thats the point I am making. Has religion been used by people for people, instead of by people for the good of people?

#13New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 19:26:18
@foosyerdoos Said

Well, thats the point I am making. Has religion been used by people for people, instead of by people for the good of people?

yip marxist would argue it for power and control esp to oppress the poor.. but souly for economic perposes
pixiee On December 09, 2011

Ottawa, Canada
#14New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 20:09:39
@Verstehen Said

yip marxist would argue it for power and control esp to oppress the poor.. but souly for economic perposes

Not souly for economic purposes.. Also, it's been used by people to make other people live by their standards and morals. ie - the oppression of woman.

#15New Post! Aug 12, 2010 @ 20:10:50
@pixiee Said

Not souly for economic purposes.. Also, it's been used by people to make other people live by their standards and morals. ie - the oppression of woman.

yip so so true.. perhaps that y alot of people do stay away from religion and God..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs