Random

rednecks

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 09:26:37
there appears to be much criticism levied at rednecks in america , however ,could it not be said that without the redneck attitude the united states of america might never have existed ...in fact , settlers with a more liberal attitude may have taken to the native way of living and today their descendants could be sleeping in tepees and hunting buffalo ...oh and perhaps a little side line in scalp collecting .
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 09:32:35
Everything liberal except 'Scalp Collecting'
Scalp Collecting = Righteous
Righteous = Conservative
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 09:36:10
And a life of drinking clean water from rivers, living from the land and shagging cute chics in teepees sounds awesome!

I'd be known as "f***em Like Rabbit."

london, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 09:57:22
@Electric_Banana Said

And a life of drinking clean water from rivers, living from the land and shagging cute chics in teepees sounds awesome!

I'd be known as "f***em Like Rabbit."

i think you may be using the hollywood depiction of indian maidens ...with their eye makeup and thick red lipstick ( white feather for example )...if you study 19th century photos of the native women folk ..then you'll see that the reality was rather grim .
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#5New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 10:14:52
You people couldn't handle the indian way of life.

london, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 10:30:41
@hoppy Said

oh really ?...well ,for your information ...i've done 9 weeks in the army cadets ...oh and i've eaten greek cuisine on the island of crete .
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#7New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 10:54:07
@offbeat Said

oh really ?...well ,for your information ...i've done 9 weeks in the army cadets ...oh and i've eaten greek cuisine on the island of crete .

Can you kill game with a bow and arrows? Catch fish barehanded?
johnywadd On June 06, 2011

Deleted

brisbane, Australia
#8New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 11:03:21
i hear that brothers and sisters get married to each other in alabama? sssshhhh don't say anything about it or they'll tar and feather you
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#9New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 11:24:33
@johnywadd Said

i hear that brothers and sisters get married to each other in alabama? sssshhhh don't say anything about it or they'll tar and feather you

No..that's wrong.. Cousins get married in Alabama.. Brothers and sisters get married in West Virginia.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 11:27:01
@boxerdc Said

No..that's wrong.. Cousins get married in Alabama.. Brothers and sisters get married in West Virginia.

You know how to circumsize a West Virginian?

Kick is sister in the jaw

Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 11:30:38
Joking aside...I am not a redneck but have lived near them several times. I don't begrudge anyone their way of life so long as they aren't hurting anyone, I just don't always subscribe to it personally.

I think what the OP was getting at is that the early pioneers would have been considered rednecks by most people today, but they settled the land.

Exhibit A, one of the first known depictions of trailer park living:

Incidentally, the remark about "the native way of living" would probably be considered really insulting to anyone of that people. You really think they wouldn't have advanced at all?

Deleted

brisbane, Australia
#12New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 11:37:21
@Eaglebauer Said

Joking aside...I am not a redneck but have lived near them several times. I don't begrudge anyone their way of life so long as they aren't hurting anyone, I just don't always subscribe to it personally.

I think what the OP was getting at is that the early pioneers would have been considered rednecks by most people today, but they settled the land.

Exhibit A, one of the first known depictions of trailer park living:

Incidentally, the remark about "the native way of living" would probably be considered really insulting to anyone of that people. You really think they wouldn't have advanced at all?

is that how trailer trash was invented?? i didn't realise that the history of trailer parks went back that far. learn something new every day
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#13New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 15:08:13
An Englishman wanted to become an Irishman, so he visited a doctor to find out how to go about this. "Well" said the doctor, "this is a very delicate operation and there is a lot that can go wrong. I will have to remove half your brain". "That's OK" said the Englishman. "I've always wanted to be Irish and I'm prepared to take the risk".

The operation went ahead but the Englishman woke to find a look of horror on the face of the doctor. "I'm so terribly sorry!!" the doctor said. "Instead of removing half the brain, I've taken the whole brain out". The patient replied, "No worries, mate!!"

Deleted

brisbane, Australia
#14New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 15:37:21
@hoppy Said

no, you would get sick of eating curry every night and watching those silly bollywood musicals no worries, mate!
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#15New Post! May 27, 2011 @ 15:50:19
@johnywadd Said

no, you would get sick of eating curry every night and watching those silly bollywood musicals no worries, mate!

Yeah, I shoulda wrote "native American" instead of indian. You're right though. I hate "Indian" cooking.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs