muhammed ali and joe frazier

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#16New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 02:09:55
@restoreone Said

I would agree with most of these. I had forgotten about James Jeffries. would move Johnson up .

As for the best fight I ever saw it had to be Sugar Ray vs Duran. I know not a heavy weight fight but wow that was a fight in Montreal

Yeah that was a famous one. There were about 4 middleweights during that time that were top notch and all fought each other. Sugar Ray, Duran, Marvin Hagler, and Hearns.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 02:23:14
funny thing about george foreman, i think is the first man i know who really want everybody not forget his name.

He has his daughters who are named Natalie, Michi, Leona, Freeda George and Georgetta

Then he has his sons who are named George Edward Foreman, George Edward Foreman Jr, George Edward Foreman the third, George Edward Foreman the 4th, George Edward Foreman the 5th, George Edward Foreman the 6th.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#18New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 02:26:33
@Leon Said

Yeah that was a famous one. There were about 4 middleweights during that time that were top notch and all fought each other. Sugar Ray, Duran, Marvin Hagler, and Hearns.

I would agree with all of these. Now I could not even tell you who the champ is. Boxing had fallen so far down. I would guess this is due to the quality of the boxers and maybe due to I think it is called MMA not something I can get into I just don't see different styles of fighting they all seemed the same. I have only watched a few so maybe I am big time wrong.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#19New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 02:40:55
It's mostly gone overseas, as the last I heard, Russians had the heavyweight titles and third world countries were tearing up the lower weights. MMA is now the popular fighting sport in the US, which is boxing, martial arts, and wrestling all wrapped into one lol.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:18:15
One of sports finest moments.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:30:05
@Leon Said

Yeah, that was when heavyweight boxing was in its heyday, before greed finally destroyed the sport by moving all championship fights off the air entirely and to closed circuit/pay per view and by fracturing the unanimous title into two or three belts. The only thing that kept it popular in the 90's was that the purist line of "winning the title in the ring" was still intact, tracing from when Larry Holmes was still champion all the way to Lennox Lewis. That ended when Lewis retired as champion.

totally agree with this .

london, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:33:02
@Leon Said

Yeah, he was definitely ahead of his time, a boxer who knew how to be patient and wear his opponent out before delivering the knockout punches. He's in my top 10, however I just can't put somebody who had 13 losses at number one.

Here is my top ten:

1. Muhammad Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Rocky Marciano
4. George Foreman
5. Gene Tunney
6. Jack Dempsey
7. Jess Willard
8. James Jeffries
9. Jack Johnson
10. Larry Holmes

@Leon Said

Yeah, that was when heavyweight boxing was in its heyday, before greed finally destroyed the sport by moving all championship fights off the air entirely and to closed circuit/pay per view and by fracturing the unanimous title into two or three belts. The only thing that kept it popular in the 90's was that the purist line of "winning the title in the ring" was still intact, tracing from when Larry Holmes was still champion all the way to Lennox Lewis. That ended when Lewis retired as champion.

would have loved to see ali versus louis ...and ali versus marciano

london, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:34:30
@twilitezone911 Said

funny thing about george foreman, i think is the first man i know who really want everybody not forget his name.

He has his daughters who are named Natalie, Michi, Leona, Freeda George and Georgetta

Then he has his sons who are named George Edward Foreman, George Edward Foreman Jr, George Edward Foreman the third, George Edward Foreman the 4th, George Edward Foreman the 5th, George Edward Foreman the 6th.

if that's true then he is totally up himself .

london, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:36:20
@restoreone Said

I would agree with most of these. I had forgotten about James Jeffries. would move Johnson up .

As for the best fight I ever saw it had to be Sugar Ray vs Duran. I know not a heavy weight fight but wow that was a fight in Montreal

i couldn't agree more ...that was a great period for middleweights .

london, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:41:06
@restoreone Said

I would agree with all of these. Now I could not even tell you who the champ is. Boxing had fallen so far down. I would guess this is due to the quality of the boxers and maybe due to I think it is called MMA not something I can get into I just don't see different styles of fighting they all seemed the same. I have only watched a few so maybe I am big time wrong.

there are stll great boxers out there but they aren't as well followed as they used to be because most title fight boxing is on pay per view ... as a child i got to see all the big title fights ...pay per view is adversely affecting the popularity of boxing .
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:42:31
@offbeat Said

if that's true then he is totally up himself .

He probably has no idea how ridculous that is, but then when you are surrounded by erse-lickers all your life who laugh at every feeble joke you make what do you expect?

london, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:57:07
@MAW Said

He probably has no idea how ridculous that is, but then when you are surrounded by erse-lickers all your life who laugh at every feeble joke you make what do you expect?

ere maw is your erse somewhere near your arse(ass usa) ...feeble joke right there ... go on lick my erse .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs