Philosophy

living side by side?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 01, 2008 @ 23:34:08
All of our paths are different, whether as part of a religon or not, yet there are still problems in this world between different factions, different religons saying we are right! atheists saying, "there is no proof so why should i beleive what you say?"

my past religon taught acceptance, an acceptance of others and not judging, yet i saw people judging other people because they were different.... we are all different and despite what many people say, we all judge others who are a member of something we don't like or don't understand....

freedom is not being part of a religon even the ones that claim not to judge, i have studied a few religons in my time, and have taken what i consider to be the best parts of those religons and applied them to my own life. I have discarded the parts that do not feel rite to me...and finally made my own decisions on beliefs and living life,

I will never get anywhere by listening to other people..and neither will anyone else in the world... if we are all finally able to accept that we are all different and stop judging people for not being the same then maybe we can live side by side?
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 01, 2008 @ 23:59:07
couldnt agree more,we are not all clones of each other,we all believe or disbelieve in different things,if we as humans can all start to accept that then perhaps sometimes our world wont be so ugly in the past,present and future.
lemonjelly On January 04, 2019

Parkville, Maryland
#3New Post! Feb 01, 2008 @ 23:59:51
People are so engrossed in what they believe...and to make it worse, some of those beliefs justify killing anyone of the opposite faith.

I blame organized religion. Putting another human in charge of your destiny is a BIG mistake.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs