Religion & Philosophy

Women. God

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Sep 08, 2012 @ 03:06:39
Women. God’s afterthought and man’s curse to rule.

I think it quite ironic that God, who tells us to reproduce as his first commandment to man in Genesis 1, does not give us something to reproduce with till Genesis 2; 18. Further, only after a severe chastisement without correction, even to death, an immoral concept, after we ate of the tree of knowledge, are men given what is required for reproduction; the desire and mental capacity to do so.

God never tells Adam why he is being chastised. This is an expression of hate on God’s part because there is no evil in wanting to become as God as scriptures urge us to do. Note here that I take the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden and not the fall interpretation that Christianity mistakenly puts on it.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty and thus unjust on God’s part. That is the message of Eden. God is unjust. If so, the inequality built into the bible, where men are cursed to rule over women, ----- is unjust.

Genesis 3;16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

As a man, I am not pleased that God has cursed my fellow man to have to suffer ruling over women. To rule over women is to be responsible to them and their demands. I think we should stop being slaves to women and give them full equality. Men owe it especially to men and to a lesser degree to women and between you and I, justice demands it ------, and so would all just people.

As a man, are you ready to shed your yoke of slavery to women and reject God’s command to rule over them?

Regards
DL
dyslexic_god On December 12, 2012

, Ireland
#2New Post! Sep 08, 2012 @ 03:23:23
I never got the memo saying men had to rule women, either that or I was really hungover at that meeting and fell asleep/passed out.

Seriously though, If I attempted controlling any woman in my life, I'd (1) hate myself for trying to control another person and (2) be castrated.

Are you ready to reject your Gods rule over your own good self?
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#3New Post! Sep 08, 2012 @ 04:20:57
@GreatestIam2 Said

I think it quite ironic that God, who tells us to reproduce as his first commandment to man in Genesis 1, does not give us something to reproduce with till Genesis 2; 18. Further, only after a severe chastisement without correction, even to death, an immoral concept, after we ate of the tree of knowledge, are men given what is required for reproduction; the desire and mental capacity to do so.

God never tells Adam why he is being chastised. This is an expression of hate on God’s part because there is no evil in wanting to become as God as scriptures urge us to do. Note here that I take the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden and not the fall interpretation that Christianity mistakenly puts on it.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty and thus unjust on God’s part. That is the message of Eden. God is unjust. If so, the inequality built into the bible, where men are cursed to rule over women, ----- is unjust.

Genesis 3;16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

As a man, I am not pleased that God has cursed my fellow man to have to suffer ruling over women. To rule over women is to be responsible to them and their demands. I think we should stop being slaves to women and give them full equality. Men owe it especially to men and to a lesser degree to women and between you and I, justice demands it ------, and so would all just people.

As a man, are you ready to shed your yoke of slavery to women and reject God’s command to rule over them?

Regards
DL

Just so you know;

God created the animals and He told them to be fruitful and multiply in Chapter one. Then later in Chapter One, He created man and woman and told them to be fruitful and multiply. I guess that's where Cain's wife came from.

Then later in Chapter 2, He created Eden and Adam, which he put in Eden. Then later He created Eve. I guess since He'd already told man and woman generally to BFAM, He didn't need to reiterate that to them specifically later on. This, of course, if you actually think it's anything more than allegory in the first place.

Ottawa, Canada
#4New Post! Sep 08, 2012 @ 21:47:32
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Just so you know;

God created the animals and He told them to be fruitful and multiply in Chapter one. Then later in Chapter One, He created man and woman and told them to be fruitful and multiply. I guess that's where Cain's wife came from.

Then later in Chapter 2, He created Eden and Adam, which he put in Eden. Then later He created Eve. I guess since He'd already told man and woman generally to BFAM, He didn't need to reiterate that to them specifically later on. This, of course, if you actually think it's anything more than allegory in the first place.

I think it is all myth but the Jews wrote Genesis 1 with Lillith, not Cain's wife. Nowhere is her, Cain's wife, birth ever mentioned.

Should man rule over women?

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#5New Post! Sep 08, 2012 @ 21:52:05
@dyslexic_god Said

I never got the memo saying men had to rule women, either that or I was really hungover at that meeting and fell asleep/passed out.

Seriously though, If I attempted controlling any woman in my life, I'd (1) hate myself for trying to control another person and (2) be castrated.

Are you ready to reject your Gods rule over your own good self?

No. As a Gnostic Christian, that would mean rejecting myself.
Have ye forgotten that ye are Gods.---Jesus' words.

A good theology and philosophy as long as it does not turn to idol worship. Change is constant so God must also be allowed to evolve.

While I have your ear.
The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself a Gnostic Christian naturalist.
Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheeple where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Regards
DL
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#6New Post! Sep 08, 2012 @ 21:55:12
Dejavu!
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#7New Post! Sep 08, 2012 @ 21:57:54
@GreatestIam2 Said

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Well, my only need is to always be the great one (1).

+1 (Neo)
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Sep 08, 2012 @ 22:52:27
Going by just the thread title

"And the Lord then saideth: "..And here's some really stupid, always-dissatisfied, lemmings to chase around for something to keep you busy.""

MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Sep 09, 2012 @ 11:22:41
@GreatestIam2 Said

Regards
DL

Genesis 2 is simply a short, non chronological, repeat of the account of Genesis 1, a precis if you like. That should be obvious when you read them both.

Even if God did give Adam the command to reproduce before providing Eve, all that should have done was to give Adam hope. After all He had a job to do first. He had to learn God's requirements so that he could teach them to Eve, he also had to name all the animals that there were at that time, each different kind. On top of that he had to learn how to care for them as well as how to cultivate the garden, all so he could teach Eve how to help him. The bible gives us no idea how long that took, nor how old Adam was when Eve was created. Of course, since they still had eternity n view at that point time would have meant little to them, it only counts for us because we get so little of it.

There is no yoke of slavery, man was not intended to rule over woman, in the sort of cooperative relationship that God envisioned ruling would not enter into it. Man was only ever intended to be a woman's guide, the same way God guides His son, and Christ guides people like me. There is no compulsion, if one doesn't want to serve one doesn't have to, at present anyway. However the time is coming soon when only those willing and happy to serve will be allowed to exist because God wants a harmonious and happy human race, a not a planet of conflict or of people happy to take their rights no matter how it affects others.

No mankind is not woman's master, he is woman's "head" her guide, and she should be a willing, cooperative companion, only interested in what is good for both, and in fact all humanity, as he should be teaching her to be. That is why God called woman a "complement" of the man, literally a "completement" something which makes man complete, whole. Just as man should make woman complete, whole. Their natural skills and abilities should complete, not compete. His word is not law, but a suggestion which should be carefully considered and if necessary discussed, before reaching a final decision which suits both, even if it does have to be a compromise.

True God has given man the right to insist on the final decision of no agreement has been reached, but then he has also given man the responsibility before God and Christ for the outcome. That is why Adam is held responsible for Eve's mistake. If it goes wrong, man takes the blame.

True it does relieve woman of a lot of responsibility and blame, but not completely, because of she forces his hand and it goes wrong she will be held responsible for the results. Headship just gives her an "out" from taking full responsibility whereas nothing relieves man of his, for not having educated his wife in God's ways.

Banned

#10New Post! Sep 09, 2012 @ 11:23:55
@Electric_Banana Said

Going by just the thread title

"And the Lord then saideth: "..And here's some really stupid, always-dissatisfied, lemmings to chase around for something to keep you busy.""

You do realise that the whole "lemmings over the cliff" thing is a urban myth created by a film maker who literally drove them over the edge leaving them nowhere else to go don't you?

It just doesn't happen in reality.

Ottawa, Canada
#11New Post! Sep 10, 2012 @ 17:21:56
@MadCornishBiker Said

You do realise that the whole "lemmings over the cliff" thing is a urban myth created by a film maker who literally drove them over the edge leaving them nowhere else to go don't you?

It just doesn't happen in reality.

But talking animals actually did and man gave birth to woman instead of woman to man.

And ---- he shall rule over you does not ---- mean he shall rule over you.

Regards
DL

Banned

#12New Post! Sep 10, 2012 @ 19:45:31
@GreatestIam2 Said

But talking animals actually did and man gave birth to woman instead of woman to man.

And ---- he shall rule over you does not ---- mean he shall rule over you.

Regards
DL

No, God created woman, probably from man's DNA with a chromosomal change.

I know scripture says from Adam's rib but God would only need one cell from it, not the whole rib.

It means that he shall rule over you in the same way that God rules over Christ and Christ rules over man, kindly, mercifully, lovingly, not tyrannically.

Paul explained that more fully at 1 Corinthians 11:1-3 "Become imitators of me, even as I am of Christ. 2 Now I commend YOU because in all things YOU have me in mind and YOU are holding fast the traditions just as I handed [them] on to YOU. 3 But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God".

As usual you take the negative view without first finding out if it is the correct one.

You have to take into account that God is the epitome of Love Wisdom Justice and Mercy, and everything He does or asks of us is a balance of those 4 primary qualities.

True sometimes it takes effort and research to work tu how it fits, but it does,

Banned

#13New Post! Sep 10, 2012 @ 19:52:17
@GreatestIam2 Said

But talking animals

Did the animals actually talk or were the listeners only made to think that was where the voice was coming from?

We don't know for sure as there is no record of any of them saying "gottle of geer". However it makes much more sense to think of the animals talking as a form of ventriloquism that them actually talking.

Of course the message could simply have been implanted in the recipients mind.

If you remember the account there was one point at which God spoke to Jesus directly from Heaven, yet all those around him herd was a sound like thunder. Likewise with Paul on the road to Damascus when the Glorified Jesus appeared to him and spoke to him. All the companions saw was a bright light, and all they heard was thunder.

It is highly likely that the message was simply planted in Christ's mid, and in Paul's case his mind, rather than transferred via their ears.

All it takes is a little thought rather than simply judgement.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#14New Post! Sep 10, 2012 @ 20:54:30
@GreatestIam2 Said

Regards
DL

26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Genesis 1:26-28

Yeah, women were mentioned in Genesis 1.

Ottawa, Canada
#15New Post! Sep 11, 2012 @ 17:53:44
For sure.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs