Keizer,
#1New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 05:45:08
Hi,
I'm Amber and I like to cook.
suicide_blonde On April 08, 2008

Deleted

seventh circle of hell, United
#2New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 06:03:24
hi amber. i like to cook as well. i don't really use receipes much...i just kind of combine flavor profiles that i know work well together.

one dish that i make that everyone seems to love is my braised beef shortribs. brown them off first in some olive oil with salt and pepper, remove the ribs then saute diced onion, carrot, celery, garlic, bay leaf (2 if they are small), and dried italian herb seasoning in the same pot (i use a cast iron dutch oven for this). deglaze the pot with about half a bottle of cabernet, then add 2-3 cans of beef broth (depending on how many ribs you make.) return the ribs to the pot and cook in a 300 F oven. for about 3-4 hours until they are fork tender. when they are done, remove the ribs and discard the bay leaf. i use an immersion blender to puree the cooking liquid and it makes an excellent pan sauce as gravy for the ribs. i usually serve it with soft polenta or mashed potatoes. it's absolutely fantastic.
vrindamishra On October 16, 2007

Mumbai, India
#3New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 06:51:56
Hi,
Hows you doing?
i love Indian dishes
why dont you try out paneer?
check it out..
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#4New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 17:27:11
Sloppy Joes... They're great on nice seeded deli rolls

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound ground turkey (We use ground beef)
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons yellow mustard (We reduce it to 1 Tbsp - not a big fan of yellow mustard)

DIRECTIONS:
Place the meat in a large skillet over medium heat, cook until evenly brown, and drain.

In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and mustard (We also add a shake or two of minced onion). Mix in meat. Cook, stirring often, 30 minutes.
suicide_blonde On April 08, 2008

Deleted

seventh circle of hell, United
#5New Post! Oct 17, 2007 @ 23:30:20
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#6New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 17:55:38
This corn bread is never dry! Plus it's very easy to make.

2 packages Jiffy corn bread mix
1 can of creamed corn
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup of vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400? F. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a buttered 9" x 13" baking dish & bake for 20 minutes. OR use 2 loaf pans & bake at same temperature for 45 minutes. Serve warm.
zeldamanners On December 06, 2010

Plymouth, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 26, 2008 @ 18:32:26
Hi. Amber I like to cook too!
anqrew2346 On July 22, 2008

Alpharetta, Georgia
#8New Post! Jul 21, 2008 @ 19:44:02
Yam Foofoo...

Ingredients:
2 lb Yams 1/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Black pepper 1 ts Butter

Instructions:
Note: Foofoo is a ubiquitous and much-beloved staple through most of West Africa, whether topped with a fiery Palava sauce (or Shoko) or served as the bland accompaniment to a main dish. Foofoo is traditionally made with cassava (aka yucca and/or manioc), but it can be prepared as well with everything from rice, yams, and plantains to instant mashed potatoes It is also somewhat harder to make than it would seem. Ellen Wilson quotes a traditional proverb that goes, "If a woman were like foofoo, a man could get to know her before he married her." What this has to do with foofoo (or women) is anyones guess. In any case, this version of yam foofoo... traditionally made by pounding and beating the yams in a mortar with a wooden spoon... has been adapted for a food processor. 1. Place the yams in cold, unsalted water, bring to a full boil, and cook 25 minutes, or until soft. 2. Remove the yams, cook, and peel. Mash with the other ingredients. 3. Place in a food processor, and run briefly to remove lumps. DO NOT PUREE (If a processor is not available, go directly to step 4.) 4. Remove foofoo to a bowl, and beat with a wooden spoon or wire whisk until smooth. The foofoo should have a sticky, slightly resilient consistency. 5. Shape the foofoo into balls with your hands, and serve warm.
Yam Foofoo...

Ingredients:
2 lb Yams 1/4 ts Salt
1/4 ts Black pepper 1 ts Butter

Instructions:
Note: Foofoo is a ubiquitous and much-beloved staple through most of West Africa, whether topped with a fiery Palava sauce (or Shoko) or served as the bland accompaniment to a main dish. Foofoo is traditionally made with cassava (aka yucca and/or manioc), but it can be prepared as well with everything from rice, yams, and plantains to instant mashed potatoes It is also somewhat harder to make than it would seem. Ellen Wilson quotes a traditional proverb that goes, "If a woman were like foofoo, a man could get to know her before he married her." What this has to do with foofoo (or women) is anyones guess. In any case, this version of yam foofoo... traditionally made by pounding and beating the yams in a mortar with a wooden spoon... has been adapted for a food processor. 1. Place the yams in cold, unsalted water, bring to a full boil, and cook 25 minutes, or until soft. 2. Remove the yams, cook, and peel. Mash with the other ingredients. 3. Place in a food processor, and run briefly to remove lumps. DO NOT PUREE (If a processor is not available, go directly to step 4.) 4. Remove foofoo to a bowl, and beat with a wooden spoon or wire whisk until smooth. The foofoo should have a sticky, slightly resilient consistency. 5. Shape the foofoo into balls with your hands, and serve warm.
anqrew2346 On July 22, 2008

Alpharetta, Georgia
#9New Post! Jul 21, 2008 @ 19:46:28
Spicy Island Pork and Fruit Salad

1 -lb pork tenderloin
1 Tbsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks in juice, drained; reserve juice (about 1/2 cup) for Dressing
DRESSING
1 tsp grated lime zest
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
8 cups mixed salad greens (such as romaine, fris?e, radicchio)
1/2 cantaloupe, peeled, quartered lengthwise, thinly cut crosswise

Heat oven to 425?F. Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan; rub with the 1 Tbsp jerk seasoning.

Roast 30 minutes, or until barely pink in middle and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center registers 155?F. Remove to cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest 8 to 10 minutes. Cut in 1⁄4-in.-thick slices.

Dressing: Whisk ingredients and reserved juice in a large bowl to blend. Add pork, greens, cantaloupe and pineapple. Toss to mix.

Heat oven to 425?F. Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan; rub with the 1 Tbsp jerk seasoning.

Roast 30 minutes, or until barely pink in middle and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center registers 155?F. Remove to cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest 8 to 10 minutes. Cut in 1⁄4-in.-thick slices.

calories 265 fat 6g saturated fat 2g cholesterol 67mg sodium 104mg carbohydrate 27g fiber 2g
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#10New Post! Jul 21, 2008 @ 21:19:02
My fav soup is.
once around the kitchen soup

Meat up to you chicken,cut up pork chops,ribs ect.
Garlic about 4 cloves or to your taste
Onion half
Mushroom canned or fresh one can or about 5 or 6 fresh
Oragano About quarter of a teaspoon
crushed Basil About quarter of a teaspoon
Italien seasoning half a teaspoon
Crushed canned tomatoes
Canned whole tomatoes
Barley or kidney beans or both but only
about a few spoons full as they tend
to expand and turn to much if over cooked.

Boil raw the meat in a large pot till meat is allmost cooked.About 20 min or so after it starts to boil.

Or skip the above if you have left over cooked meat you can use or ham.

Add diced garlic,Onions, mushrooms,Spices,Cannned tomatoes
Barley or kidney beans what ever your tast add them now.
Let cooked for about 30 min.
Then open fridge see what veggies need to be used cut em trow them in.
Same for meat(left over ect cooked) what you have on hand cut em trow them in.
After veggies about 10 min its done
nuieanzzz On September 18, 2008

Banned

Perth, Australia
#11New Post! Sep 17, 2008 @ 09:04:58
i like cooking BIG OL JAMAICAN d***

meen maori meen
Cillagirl On June 22, 2009

Bonners Ferry, Idaho
#12New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 23:29:50
@suicide_blonde Said

hi amber. i like to cook as well. i don't really use receipes much...i just kind of combine flavor profiles that i know work well together.

one dish that i make that everyone seems to love is my braised beef shortribs. brown them off first in some olive oil with salt and pepper, remove the ribs then saute diced onion, carrot, celery, garlic, bay leaf (2 if they are small), and dried italian herb seasoning in the same pot (i use a cast iron dutch oven for this). deglaze the pot with about half a bottle of cabernet, then add 2-3 cans of beef broth (depending on how many ribs you make.) return the ribs to the pot and cook in a 300 F oven. for about 3-4 hours until they are fork tender. when they are done, remove the ribs and discard the bay leaf. i use an immersion blender to puree the cooking liquid and it makes an excellent pan sauce as gravy for the ribs. i usually serve it with soft polenta or mashed potatoes. it's absolutely fantastic.

These sound really good! I will have to give them a try. About how many pounds of ribs do you need?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs