Man Talk

Walk a mile in her shoes

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#1New Post! Jul 02, 2012 @ 23:25:30
If someone that you love and care about ask you to do this would you?

There is an old saying: "You can't really understand another person's experience until you've walked a mile in their shoes." Walk a Mile in Her ShoesŪ asks men to literally walk one mile in women's high-heeled shoes. It's not easy walking in these shoes, but it's fun and it gets the community to talk about something that's really difficult to talk about: gender relations and sexual violence.
https://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/

sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 02, 2012 @ 23:31:14
I'd never walk a mile in heels, that's just asking for trouble. Why women (and some men) choose to inflict that pain on themselves purely out of vanity I'll never understand.

I love the concept charity wise though, sounds like a great cause. I hope it raises a lot of awareness.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#3New Post! Jul 02, 2012 @ 23:36:05
Some people like sneakers, some flat shoes and some heels, whatever rocks their socks. Not all heels are painful. I have some I will wear only if I know I do not have to walk far in and I have some I could walk miles in and it not even bother me.

, Ohio
#4New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 00:11:08
We have heard from some ladies but no guys come guys would you?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#5New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 00:15:28
Sheesh, I can't walk a quarter mile in heels let alone a mile.

I do applaud any man that tries it though. There are many many women that wear heels daily - by choice and/or by necessity. Whether they feel compelled to because of how heels look or because they are required to as part of their work dress code.

Heels are evil things and I swore off them years ago.

, Ohio
#6New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 00:42:07
ok so how do you train for an event like this?
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#7New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 03:00:18
@restoreone Said

If someone that you love and care about ask you to do this would you?

There is an old saying: "You can't really understand another person's experience until you've walked a mile in their shoes." Walk a Mile in Her ShoesŪ asks men to literally walk one mile in women's high-heeled shoes. It's not easy walking in these shoes, but it's fun and it gets the community to talk about something that's really difficult to talk about: gender relations and sexual violence.

No F-ing way would I walk 1 foot in high heels. How GAY can you get? The saying is a metaphor... such as, bearing children, keeping a household in order, being the referee for the children, discrimination, etc.

J.R.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#8New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 03:13:18
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#9New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 03:18:48
@JR_Sanford Said

No F-ing way would I walk 1 foot in high heels. How GAY can you get? The saying is a metaphor... such as, bearing children, keeping a household in order, being the referee for the children, discrimination, etc.

J.R.

Holy f***ing hell. How PATHETIC can you get by saying "How gay can you get"???

Nothing like setting back the whole movement a few decades with one ignorant comment.

These are men that are secure with their manhood and care about the women in their lives and other women that have suffered through horrible experiences. It has f*** all to do with "looking gay".

, Canada
#10New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 03:39:20
@Dark_Tink Said

Holy f***ing hell. How PATHETIC can you get by saying "How gay can you get"???

Nothing like setting back the whole movement a few decades with one ignorant comment.

These are men that are secure with their manhood and care about the women in their lives and other women that have suffered through horrible experiences. It has f*** all to do with "looking gay".

I think people say that expression and not realize how horrible it is to say that. Its not even saying you think gay people wear heels, its saying, gay is wrong and to do that is as wrong as being gay.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 03:56:26
Kinda hard to find heels in a men's size 13.

, Canada
#12New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 03:59:34
@Eaglebauer Said

I have only ever seen womans shoes go to size ten. I do not even know if they have those big and tall kinda shops for women. You know what, I have never seen one. I guess women can't be big and tall.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#13New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 04:01:00
@Eaglebauer Said

The official shoes come in mens sizes 9-14. so there is at least that option.

But normally yes, larger sized women's shoes are rare

, Canada
#14New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 04:05:02
@DiscordTiger Said

The official shoes come in mens sizes 9-14. so there is at least that option.

But normally yes, larger sized women's shoes are rare

Yeah, I just posted, women come in all sizes and heights but I have never seen a shoe above a size 10 for women nor have I seen a speciality shop for women like men have so those who need bigger sizes of shoes can get it. Maybe it does exist, I live in an igloo village and not much around so I could be wrong.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#15New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 04:06:56
I used to wear heels all over the place with no problem, then I got old and broke my foot in 7 places and don't like so much anymore.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs