The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Virginia Attorney General Issues Opinion Allowing Police to Question Immigration

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
jackmcg On August 20, 2010

Deleted

West Chester, Pennsylvania
#1New Post! Aug 03, 2010 @ 00:42:14
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/02/virginia-attorney-general-rules-police-check-immigration-status/

Well, Eric Holder won't have to travel far for this one, but this definitely puts it all back on the burner.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Aug 03, 2010 @ 00:51:42
@jackmcg Said

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/02/virginia-attorney-general-rules-police-check-immigration-status/

Well, Eric Holder won't have to travel far for this one, but this definitely puts it all back on the burner.

those that are not legal left arizona i've read.
if we make those here now legal.
who does it harm?

Deleted

#3New Post! Aug 03, 2010 @ 22:54:02
@Willi Said

those that are not legal left arizona i've read.
if we make those here now legal.
who does it harm?

I don't know. There's the situation with levels of education, ability to speak the language, viable work at least for now and general lack of assimilation. The link is to StratFor, a very good strategic intelligence site (Stratfor.com) and its weekly forecast involving immigration, specifically Mexico and where it may be taking us. If you can't open the link, go to the site itself. Lengthy, but a very interesting read.

https://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20100802_arizona_borderlands_and_us_mexican_relations?utm_source=GWeekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=100803&utm_content=GIRimage&elq=48726479158e4f62ac8217c9a3d67c5b
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#4New Post! Aug 03, 2010 @ 22:59:52
They are checking status after the person has already been arrested. That for the most part, has been ok for a while, many cities and/or counties already do that.

Its not the same level of vagueness that was written into the AZ law.
catiebuggg On April 13, 2011

Atlanta, Georgia
#5New Post! Aug 03, 2010 @ 23:00:01
I think it's a good idea. They come over here live for free. Ugh it bothers me. But what's really sad, is that hispanic congress woman (I think she's in congress). But Arizona made it legal for them to investigate if they thought it was an illegal immigrant. And she got on TV and said "I just don't understand how or why Arizona passed this law, I could understand if it Texas did it since they boarder Mexico"

How the f*** is she in congress if she doesn't even know where Arizona is... !!!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#6New Post! Aug 03, 2010 @ 23:40:47
@jackmcg Said

I don't know. There's the situation with levels of education, ability to speak the language, viable work at least for now and general lack of assimilation. The link is to StratFor, a very good strategic intelligence site (Stratfor.com) and its weekly forecast involving immigration, specifically Mexico and where it may be taking us. If you can't open the link, go to the site itself. Lengthy, but a very interesting read.

https://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20100802_arizona_borderlands_and_us_mexican_relations?utm_source=GWeekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=100803&utm_content=GIRimage&elq=48726479158e4f62ac8217c9a3d67c5b

sounds like the needs after a war created this.

back then mexicans came, worked, sent money home.
it helped build the west, helped mexico recover.
the border was agreed on.
now the west is built and they wanna all live in it?
whites will become a minority.
the culture will change to mexican.
it will be hard to find an english sign.
it will go back to mexico?

california sounds like a big change in settlers.
never mensioned who owned it before mexico.
but things were not owned by the first folks.
or have i learned wrong?

Deleted

#7New Post! Aug 03, 2010 @ 23:50:26
@Willi Said

sounds like the needs after a war created this.

back then mexicans came, worked, sent money home.
it helped build the west, helped mexico recover.
the border was agreed on.
now the west is built and they wanna all live in it?
whites will become a minority.
the culture will change to mexican.
it will be hard to find an english sign.
it will go back to mexico?

california sounds like a big change in settlers.
never mensioned who owned it before mexico.
but things were not owned by the first folks.
or have i learned wrong?

George Friedman, the author of the piece, has commented on what he calls "borderlands" that have changed hands between nations. Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California are the "borderland" associated with the US and Mexico.

Friedman believes there is little the US can do to stop the Mexican culture from supplanting the US culture in that "borderland" area over the next 50 years or so. It may belong to the US by national sovereignty, but he states it will belong to Mexico by ethnic population base and culture.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Aug 03, 2010 @ 23:59:11
@jackmcg Said

George Friedman, the author of the piece, has commented on what he calls "borderlands" that have changed hands between nations. Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California are the "borderland" associated with the US and Mexico.

Friedman believes there is little the US can do to stop the Mexican culture from supplanting the US culture in that "borderland" area over the next 50 years or so. It may belong to the US by national sovereignty, but he states it will belong to Mexico by ethnic population base and culture.

interesting.

and old imigration laws will lose the west....

did we get set up?
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#9New Post! Aug 04, 2010 @ 00:17:19
What "US culture" New Mexico at least there are other parts of the "borderlands" that are the same, and have plenty of culture and history that has to do with its roots as a Spanish (from Spain) colony that go back at least 100 years or more before the United States even existed. Are we supposed to just give that up because people confuse it with current "Mexican" culture?
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#10New Post! Aug 04, 2010 @ 00:20:24
Ban the illegals!!!

*runs for cover*
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#11New Post! Aug 04, 2010 @ 00:22:18
@DiscordTiger Said

What "US culture" New Mexico at least there are other parts of the "borderlands" that are the same, and have plenty of culture and history that has to do with its roots as a Spanish (from Spain) colony that go back at least 100 years or more before the United States even existed. Are we supposed to just give that up because people confuse it with current "Mexican" culture?

i like that idea.
lets give mexico back to spain.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#12New Post! Aug 04, 2010 @ 00:31:02
@Willi Said

i like that idea.
lets give mexico back to spain.

I don't think Spain wants them, nor so they want to be part of Spain anymore. Mexico can still be Mexico.

I just get a little frustrated when people assume that anyone of Hispanic decent in the "borderlands" is illegal immigrant from Mexico, and they are breeding like cockroaches. And get treated as such as something that needs to be removed. If a person is illegal, then do what needs to be done, but lumping in people that aren't and have family roots that have been here 100's of years and painting them with the same brush is not cool. In a lot of cases they never really had much ties to the country of "Mexico" anyway, the territory was only part of Mexico for about 25 years.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#13New Post! Aug 04, 2010 @ 00:42:44
@DiscordTiger Said

I don't think Spain wants them, nor so they want to be part of Spain anymore. Mexico can still be Mexico.

I just get a little frustrated when people assume that anyone of Hispanic decent in the "borderlands" is illegal immigrant from Mexico, and they are breeding like cockroaches. And get treated as such as something that needs to be removed. If a person is illegal, then do what needs to be done, but lumping in people that aren't and have family roots that have been here 100's of years and painting them with the same brush is not cool. In a lot of cases they never really had much ties to the country of "Mexico" anyway, the territory was only part of Mexico for about 25 years.

i agree.
it isn't only hispanic looking folks crossing over.
and that is the sticky part.
most do along that border.
the border does need to be controlled.
just like i have a door at my house.

Deleted

#14New Post! Aug 04, 2010 @ 00:53:12
@DiscordTiger Said

@Willi Said

i agree.
it isn't only hispanic looking folks crossing over.
and that is the sticky part.
most do along that border.
the border does need to be controlled.
just like i have a door at my house.

Friedman doesn't suggest that the borderlands be given to Mexico. He does the opposite, but makes the point that IF US leaders do not do something positive to control entry into the country, the Mexican government will continue to passively and actively allow its citizens to move over the international border.

The result will be that Mexican culture will be stronger than US culture. That will be the fault of our leaders for not doing something and us for not pushing them.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Aug 04, 2010 @ 00:59:37
@jackmcg Said

Friedman doesn't suggest that the borderlands be given to Mexico. He does the opposite, but makes the point that IF US leaders do not do something positive to control entry into the country, the Mexican government will continue to passively and actively allow its citizens to move over the international border.

The result will be that Mexican culture will be stronger than US culture. That will be the fault of our leaders for not doing something and us for not pushing them.

so this hole drug lords, killing folks.
it is part of the mexican government scaring folks here?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs