I'm male and put them both down
I'm female and put them both down
Other
View Results
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 16:56:41
Really random question here but it's been something I've been wondering for a while as I've noticed most people tend to leave the toilet lid up, my opinion is that it's there for a reason so use it!

So, do you put the lid of the toilet down when you're finished or just the seat, or do you not bother with either?

I always put both the seat and lid down.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 16:59:53
Female (obviously!) and alwyas put both lid and seat down. Knowing me, if I didnt, the dog would get down there or summmat else might come up
RIP Boobie

#3New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:06:51
@Sparklegirl Said

Female (obviously!) and alwyas put both lid and seat down. Knowing me, if I didnt, the dog would get down there or summmat else might come up

Yeah, I worry that Khoshu would end up falling in if the lid is left up. As amusing as that sounds I end up thinking about the worse case scenario
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:09:13
@Silver_Lining Said

Yeah, I worry that Khoshu would end up falling in if the lid is left up. As amusing as that sounds I end up thinking about the worse case scenario

yes I alwyas assume the negative. But Willow does have an unhelathy fascination for the toilet so she very well might fall down there trying to eat whatever she thinks is so delicious down there!
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:18:22
As a male, living on my own, I rarely put the seat down because it's a waste of effort as it's only going to be raised the next time I need to pee, as for the lid, that only gets lowered when I'm either cleaning it or expecting a visitor.
RIP Boobie

#6New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:19:24
@GeneticAnomaly Said

As a male, living on my own, I rarely put the seat down because it's a waste of effort as it's only going to be raised the next time I need to pee, as for the lid, that only gets lowered when I'm either cleaning it or expecting a visitor.

If you were to visit a friends house what would you do then?
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:20:22
@Silver_Lining Said

If you were to visit a friends house what would you do then?

If the lid was down I would at least lift that!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:32:07
Both down, unless I'm staying at my boyfriend's flat. Then it's neither.

I've never understood the fuss about men leaving the seat up to be honest, it takes an extra 10 seconds out of your day.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:33:05
i normally will put down the seat. in most public restrooms, they don't have two seat's lids. so, i always put the lid down for the next person, and flush. there is a lot of men will not flush the toilet, and will not wash the hands in public restrooms. in person's home, always put the lid's down. " s***, twilite!, the op just a question, not what you do in the bathroom! " " oh, sorry, i do no 1. and no.2 in the toilet, if anybody want to know! "
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#10New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 20:39:02
@sister_of_mercy Said

Both down, unless I'm staying at my boyfriend's flat. Then it's neither.

I've never understood the fuss about men leaving the seat up to be honest, it takes an extra 10 seconds out of your day.

Unless you are waking from a sleeeepy sleep in the middle of the night, sit down just to discover the seat is up! - Not pleasant.

Plus, women wee-wee waaaaaaay more than men, so it does get very irritating...It's way easier for him to take that extra ten seconds maybe, four times a day? than for me to do it 20 or so.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#11New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 21:18:49
At home, just the toilet seat. But everywhere else, both down.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#12New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 23:08:06
Both up, unless we're having company, then both down.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#13New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 23:20:16
The seat is always down. I put it down BEFORE I flush it. People don't realise that crap and pee particles FLY UP when you flush.

So, just remember, your toothbrush that is in that cup on the counter/sink, has piss and s*** particles on it if you do not put down the lid before flushing. Yummy!

Also, our one cat likes to drink from the toilet, so I make sure the lid is down all the time.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#14New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 23:26:38
@Silver_Lining Said

Really random question here but it's been something I've been wondering for a while as I've noticed most people tend to leave the toilet lid up, my opinion is that it's there for a reason so use it!

So, do you put the lid of the toilet down when you're finished or just the seat, or do you not bother with either?

I always put both the seat and lid down.

I put them both down so everyone has to lift something up to pee.

J.R.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#15New Post! Jan 06, 2013 @ 23:31:22
@Dark_Tink Said

The seat is always down. I put it down BEFORE I flush it. People don't realise that crap and pee particles FLY UP when you flush.

So, just remember, your toothbrush that is in that cup on the counter/sink, has piss and s*** particles on it if you do not put down the lid before flushing. Yummy!

Also, our one cat likes to drink from the toilet, so I make sure the lid is down all the time.

Our toothbrushes sit in a covered container with an ultraviolet light that comes on when you close it to sterilize them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs