The Ugandan legislature....Kill every last gay person

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 14:45:11
Catchy title , Huh?
Before any ' Christian's ' jump in, I want to remind you of something written in that book you swear by.
There are something called the ten laws or commandments in that book, one of the ten is something about not killing. Keep that in mind while you give it your all to yet again tell all us sinners how you think and feel about gays.

The Ugandan legislature could vote any day on a so-called “Kill the Gays” bill that could result in legalizing the death penalty for any LGBT person in the country.

Citibank and Barclays together have hundreds of millions of dollars invested in Uganda and wield significant influence in the country

Sign the Petition

Kill every last gay person
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#2New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 14:51:29
Yup.. gotta love those "Christians". Only good comes out of what they say and do..

Uganda bill has US roots

"The bill has an American genesis of sorts, inspired to a large extent by the visits of U.S. evangelicals who are involved with a movement that promotes Christianity's role in getting homosexuals to become "ex-gays" through prayer and faith. Ugandan supporters of the bill appear to be particularly impressed by the ideas of Scott Lively, a California conservative preacher who has written a book, The Pink Swastika, about what he calls the links between Nazism and a gay agenda for world"

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 14:58:00
I have several thoughts on the topic of missionaries / christians 'spreading the word ' (none of them would be considered christian like) but since I refuse to help any of our resident thumpers derail this i will keep those thoughts to myself for now.
PrinceMonolulu On March 13, 2012

Harlow, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 15:02:18
When I saw this thread I immediatedly thought of this mad as a box of frogs, Ugandan preacher -

Deleted

#5New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 15:07:52
@PrinceMonolulu Said

When I saw this thread I immediatedly thought of this mad as a box of frogs, Ugandan preacher -

Yup.. Good christian values there.. Love and tolerance and eating poo.

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 15:11:35
@PrinceMonolulu Said

I started to title the thread "Kill every last gay person".
But after giving it more thought , decided that getting the message to and the attention of, those who will sign the Petition is more important than the type of attention and time wasted trying to get people 'past ' a shocking title and to the important links/ message.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 16:52:00
To tar each and every one of these 'Christians' with the same brush is wrong. We don't all hold the same ridiculous views that being gay is bad or wrong. That is not to say that some don't display such terrible opinions, but should it not be used as general 'they all think the same' becuase to me this seems a little derogetory to those of us who are not like that.

I usually read such posts and say nothing but it does prickle me that is is accepted as ok to openly criticise a group of people for their religion. Even worse is that this is done as a way of protesting against the minority of said group who criticise another group of socitey.

I have not said anything to cause an argument but it saddens me that we are all looked down on by some people/groups/individuals becuase of what we choose to believe (which equally should not be used as a cover to display homphobic ideas) Surely to dislike all Christians becuase of the way some use the bible to spout hatred is just as intolerant?

Deleted

#8New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 18:15:23
@Sparklegirl Said

To tar each and every one of these 'Christians' with the same brush is wrong. We don't all hold the same ridiculous views that being gay is bad or wrong. That is not to say that some don't display such terrible opinions, but should it not be used as general 'they all think the same' becuase to me this seems a little derogetory to those of us who are not like that.

I usually read such posts and say nothing but it does prickle me that is is accepted as ok to openly criticise a group of people for their religion. Even worse is that this is done as a way of protesting against the minority of said group who criticise another group of socitey.

I have not said anything to cause an argument but it saddens me that we are all looked down on by some people/groups/individuals becuase of what we choose to believe (which equally should not be used as a cover to display homphobic ideas) Surely to dislike all Christians becuase of the way some use the bible to spout hatred is just as intolerant?

I've heard this line before.. and I ask you this.

What have you done lately to defend your religion from these people who use it to spread hate and lies?

If your answer is "nothing" then you're as guilty as they are. The only thing necessary for evil to conquer is that good men do nothing.. so by doing nothing to stop these people who pervert your religion, you are in fact supporting their actions.

If you are actually speaking up against them, then good for you. You're what I'd call a Christian (note the capital C), because you don't just talk the talk, you walk the walk... and I respect you.

Sadly, the Christians are a tiny minority in the christian churches.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 18:32:11
@boxerdc Said

I've heard this line before.. and I ask you this.

What have you done lately to defend your religion from these people who use it to spread hate and lies?

If your answer is "nothing" then you're as guilty as they are. The only thing necessary for evil to conquer is that good men do nothing.. so by doing nothing to stop these people who pervert your religion, you are in fact supporting their actions.

If you are actually speaking up against them, then good for you. You're what I'd call a Christian (note the capital C), because you don't just talk the talk, you walk the walk... and I respect you.

Sadly, the Christians are a tiny minority in the christian churches.

There are many posts on here where you will see me speak out and say that they should not use Christianity as a way to make their homophobia acceptable. Particularly one poster who is unable to reply to my quotes to him becuase I challenge the fact that we both essentialy believe a similar 'thing' but how come I am able to interpret it the way I do while he chooses to portray a biggoted view

I most certainly do not support their actions which I find completely abhorrent which is why I am compelled to strongly speak out against them. I am so much against homophobia, I recently stopped speaking to a friend I grew up with because of the views he started to show. Although he is not trying to blame it on a religion, I still had to make a stand. My best friend is gay and I absolutely love him & his partner- so to see somebody have a bad word to say against him just becuase of who he loves made me sick.

So these Christians who pretend that religion is the reason they 'have' to be against gay relationships should ask themselves how would they like it to have people dislike them becuase of who they fell in love with. That is essentially the problem with biggots, they are unable to put themselves in the shoes of other peopole to see things from another perspective

It is very rare that I will ever stand up for or defend myself but if I see some form of injustice then I have to speak up. Which is why I will always argue with posters who say they have to be against same sex marriage or relationships becuase they are 'told to' as its 'wrong'. Complete load of rubbish if you ask me, I grew up with the same teachings but am able to discern what is really wrong, and that is to spread hate for a group of people based on who they share their life with. Im sure I would far prefer to have my gay best friend as a major part of my life rather than the small minded idiot who is afraid to be in the company of a gay man becuase he will obviously be so attracted to him hecouldntr contain himself!

If a Christian really truly does hold this view,they should remove themselves from the religion as they should be ashamed of themselves
PrinceMonolulu On March 13, 2012

Harlow, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 18:39:10
@Sparklegirl Said

If a Christian really truly does hold this view,they should remove themselves from the religion as they should be ashamed of themselves

I guess in that case, the leader of Catholicism in the UK should give up his religion after his comments this weekend then. -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17249099
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 18:41:12
@PrinceMonolulu Said

I guess in that case, the leader of Catholicism in the UK should give up his religion after his comments this weekend then. -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17249099

Yes he should I stand by my comments- how he can call himself a Christian is beyond me

Deleted

#12New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 18:42:38
@Sparklegirl Said

Kudos.. You're a rare breed. Pity there are not more like you.
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#13New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 18:47:21
@white_swan53 Said

Catchy title , Huh?
Before any ' Christian's ' jump in, I want to remind you of something written in that book you swear by.
There are something called the ten laws or commandments in that book, one of the ten is something about not killing. Keep that in mind while you give it your all to yet again tell all us sinners how you think and feel about gays.

The Ugandan legislature could vote any day on a so-called “Kill the Gays” bill that could result in legalizing the death penalty for any LGBT person in the country.

Citibank and Barclays together have hundreds of millions of dollars invested in Uganda and wield significant influence in the country

Sign the Petition

Kill every last gay person

has citibank and barclays said anything in response to this yet? They will lose a lot of customers if they are seen to accept killing of gays.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 18:51:30
@boxerdc Said

Kudos.. You're a rare breed. Pity there are not more like you.

Thanks. There is enough pain in this world without closed minded fools creating more. Anybody who has a problem with a somebody's sexuality perhaps should take a closer look at their own to see why. If you (well, not you specifically!) are not trying to sleep with me, I dont have a reason to express an opinion to have a problem- thats my general rule of thumb!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 18:55:30
this is sad.
the dark ages return, or it never left africa?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs